Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea signed Remy to keep him away from Arsenal. It boggles my mind at how fukking inept this club can be when it comes to getting the players we NEED to fill positions. We still need a DM, CB, and a fukking striker for christ sakes! No top club in England has a shyt striker force.

Chelsea: Costa, Drogba, Remy
City: Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo
Man Utd: Roony, Van Persie
Liverpool: Baloteli, Sturridge

It's fukking unbelievable how fukking dumb Wenger can be at times. Get the fukking players we need to compete for titles you tit!

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
ok why dont psg buy him from us since yall got money now.
It's not because I'm french that I support PSG.
And PSG have Sirigu who's is a great keeper and next in line for Italy's starting keeper when Buffon retires. They also have Douchez who's a solid sub. It wouldn't make sense for PSG to have Sirigu (Italy #2 and soon to be #1) and Lloris (France #1) who are necessarily starting keepers in the club they are.

C'mon breh, I know that's your mans but you've just explained why he isn't a top keeper. And on top of that he doesn't have good size and can't dominate aerially.

Lloris is a decent shot stopper and that's about it. People praised him for his sweeper keeper thing but Spurs played a suicidal high-line under AVB, he was forced to run off his line at least 10 times a game.
Even great keepers have flaws and Lloris has some indeed.
And when I say Lloris takes too much goals between his legs, it's on 1 on 1 when it's to the forward to miss the target. Otherwise, he's solid. Talent-wise, he's no Courtois and I did say that he was not a tier 0 keeper (above all for Spurs). Lloris always has been top 3 performers of every club he went to. Nice, Lyon, Spurs. And he's arguably the best in Tottenham since he's here (Bale excepted) and the most consistent. On top of that, he's France Captain and always been great for us (except one match).

Courtois took 3 yesterday, is he not a top keeper ? Nope. He took 4 in the CL final, is not a top keeper ? Nope. When your defense doesn't/can't do his job, there's not much a keeper can do to keep a clean sheet. Fortunately for Courtois, Chelsea/Atletico are great defensive sides and this type of event are rare contrary to the Spurs. There are not many keepers who could do better than him in his situation when he's constantly exposed. A guy like Valdez been a keeper for the best team of the Barça of the last 10 years but he was never close to being the best keeper in the world. The club tweaks the perception of a keeper's abilities therefore bad club can make keeper look bad (whether they are or not), same for the opposite. Put any keeper in the worst team and they are getting trashed.

And you haven't followed Lloris if you say that he's only sweeping because of Tottenham's poubelle ass D. He was already doing that when he was a keeper at Nice.

Daps
Chelsea signed Remy to keep him away from Arsenal. It boggles my mind at how fukking inept this club can be when it comes to getting the players we NEED to fill positions. We still need a DM, CB, and a fukking striker for christ sakes! No top club in England has a shyt striker force.

Chelsea: Costa, Drogba, Remy
City: Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo
Man Utd: Roony, Van Persie
Liverpool: Baloteli, Sturridge

It's fukking unbelievable how fukking dumb Wenger can be at times. Get the fukking players we need to compete for titles you tit!

We have been poverty this transfer market. Only had one addition, the rest have been replacements sadly. Either Wenger is penny pinching because he's still has the old football mentality or ownership are strict with financials.

TBH, I love the ambition FSG have for Liverpool spending whenever they want, even though most have flopped.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Rémy's careers amaze me.
Guy is a nice forward, fast, athletic and overall he's good with the feet and headers. But he's fragile, clumsy and have a suspect first touch. Yet Pool wanted to sign him and he's finally signed by Chelsea who will most likely win the league this year. Incredible. Is he rated that high in the UK ?

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Rémy's careers amaze me.
Guy is a nice forward, fast, athletic and overall he's good with the feet and headers. But he's fragile, clumsy and have a suspect first touch. Yet Pool wanted to sign him and he's finally signed by Chelsea who will most likely win the league this year. Incredible. Is he rated that high in the UK ?
its because he is french and looks like Henry

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Rémy's careers amaze me.

(IF REMY WAS AMERICAN HE'D BE AT ____________________________)

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Rémy's careers amaze me.

He has Premier league experience and a good league scoring record. He's a solid player.

naijaboi

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NaijaToLAViaATL
Slow slow slow attack. No pace whatsoever. Hoping for Ox and Campbell to come in to change things. I have a feeling Wenger will put Podolski though

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
Slow slow slow attack. No pace whatsoever. Hoping for Ox and Campbell to come in to change things. I have a feeling Wenger will put Podolski though

Keep dreaming. Looks like Wenger doesn't rate Campbell.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what we've seen with that Sturridge pass to Hendo to Sterling to finish, we won't be missing Suarez's creativity one bit.
breh either you in the "fog" or in complete denial about things without suarez this team isn't a title candidate..if we make the top 4 which we have a great chance and make it to the round of 16/8 in the cl I would be very happy...next year if what I just said ends up happening then we might need to add another big superstar and some more depth and maybe then we can compete for the epl title

J-Nice

Supporter
Daps
:heh: at experts on here acting like Remy isn't a good player thats better than what Arsenal has right now.

Exactly. Chelsea knew what they were doing when they bought this cat.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Maybe Arsenal should put Sanogo out on loan somewhere in the Eredivisie or Bundesliga and see if he grows.

KingHurst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was none of this.

Arsenal beat them in Germany, BVB beat Arsenal in London, Fake Marchisio with the goal, last season. They played back to back.

In 2011-2012 Arsenal topped the group, BVB were last in the group being smashed by Marseille and Olympiacos. Arsenal beat Dortmund and would've beat them in Germany unless a BVB pub teamer hadn't had a wonder goal.

This is all fact. :damngoodcoffee:
you are right but the back to back you talking about was in the same season which they ended last in the group or different year?..the biggest thing you are overlooking is that borussia team was its first European experience and the best versions of borussia were yet to come which was the next year when they topped the group against rmadrid and last year/this year are much better too