Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
You guys ever had an artist you really enjoy, possibly your favorite but you haven't visited all of their albums.

I'm sitting here listening to Talking Heads Naked and I could never get past the first song on the album, "Blind" mainly because the blare of the horns usually always hit me and I'd be like, "Alright, you guys are doing a bit too much now :upsetfavre:"

But I endured for the first time ever, and now I'm sitting like
i78L6L3tIxcfw.jpg

It has nothing on their Eno produced work but I should've known not to doubt ol' Byrnesie.

I never really cared for Autechre's more complex glitchy work they put out in their middle period despite being a fan overall until like 2 years ago, when it finally clicked. I was like

i78L6L3tIxcfw.jpg

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Talking Heads 'Little Creatures' album is :wow: but it's the only I album I've heard of them, tbh.

:wow:

I feel like that is one of their worst albums tbh, well once you get to the tail end of their band life it gets a little hard to determine what is the worst, because all of their stuff is at the very least decent. Little Creatures though is probably their most accessible and poppy offering so I think last time I heard it that was what chafed with me the most.

If you have to listen to any TH stuff at least visit the Brian Eno produced stuff, More Songs About Buildings and Food, Fear of Music, and the best Remain in Light. They just have way more depth and intricacy to them than their later work and are all sufficiently weird, new wave, punk, funk, pop all at once. Naked tries to get that intricacy back but just by hiring a bunch of international musicians, though Johnny Marr's guitar work on Naked is worth visiting.

The Name of this Band is Talking Heads
is also one of the best live albums I've heard, two discs that encompasses their transformation in sound from their debut up to Remain in Light.

Last edited:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You guys ever had an artist you really enjoy, possibly your favorite but you haven't visited all of their albums.

I'm sitting here listening to Talking Heads Naked and I could never get past the first song on the album, "Blind" mainly because the blare of the horns usually always hit me and I'd be like, "Alright, you guys are doing a bit too much now :upsetfavre:"

But I endured for the first time ever, and now I'm sitting like
i78L6L3tIxcfw.jpg

It has nothing on their Eno produced work but I should've known not to doubt ol' Byrnesie.
this happened to me when I listened to Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie.

I was all good and then Village Ghetto life:whoo:

The rest of the time I was

i78L6L3tIxcfw.jpg

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Aight, random question for the hell of it:

If you could be a professional footballer

1. EXCLUDING the club you currently stan, which club would you play for?

2. What position/type of player do you see yourself as?

3. If you qualify for multiple FIFA nationalities, who do you play for?

For me, 1. Man City 2. Nigel de Jong 3. USA

1. Sporting Lisbon/Porto/ Benfica pretty much any team in Portugal :noah:
2. A quicker Tom Huddlestone, basically a deep lying playmaker.
3. Kenya :blessed: tho the team is :scustmou:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Over the past month or so it's become startlingly apparent. White women be shoppin gettin pregnant and procreatin'

Seriously the amount of white women I've seen preggo is at an absurd level. I guess there's not much to do in those frosty wintertime months but to bone.

I wouldn't know anything about that :ffs:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
FC porto probably had the best transfer window. Signing brahimi, tello , adrian and on loan casmeiro:lupe:

There game against lille about to start:ohlawd:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
wasting a post to say how i utterly despite hulk. what a fakkit of a footballer. all he does is dwell on the ball until the defenders catch up to him and he tries a trick or dribble that fails. the offense is going through him, and any competent team would beat standard at least 3-0 by now. he drifts all over the field and is the focal point yet he doesn't involved any of his teammates no matter how open they are. hulk somehow has failed so hard standard still has a chance.

GOAT momentum-killing wild shot taker tho.

Last edited:

I.AM.PIFF

You're minor, we're major
Supporter
Daps
Aight, random question for the hell of it:

If you could be a professional footballer

1. EXCLUDING the club you currently stan, which club would you play for?

2. What position/type of player do you see yourself as?

3. If you qualify for multiple FIFA nationalities, who do you play for?

For me, 1. Man City 2. Nigel de Jong 3. USA

1. IDK. I stan Bayern, but excluding it I'd go with umm Porto. I don't have a second team and I like Porto :manny:
2. Use to mainly play keeper. Or a defender/defensive midfielder. I had limited technique and I just relied on effort and just chasing the opposing attackers relentlessely. Maybe a Gattuso/De Jong player without the :demonic: challenges.
3. Algeria :blessed: Or Nigeria, I always liked the grean eagles :obama: