Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
Wait, so this Piatti that just signed with Montreal just up and left San Lorenzo, where he was starting, right after the first leg of the Libertadores final?
They don't have money to pay guys in Argentina? :what:

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
BvET4d0IcAAdWKI.jpg

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
i think i just need to let him go :to:

yeah i agree, i only want them to loan nastasic out so he gets his fitness back. theres no way hes playing over mangala or pelligrinis favorite demichellis. what do you think about the money city recouped from rodwell and garcia? i definitely wasnt expecting that
Demichellis played great last season after settling down. No way Nastasic is gonna break into the squad, except for cup games and maybe some mid week lower table matches. If he can regain his form, he'll be a beast.

Never thought the day they'd make a profit on Javi Garcia....and ESPECIALLY Mr Glass Rodwell :heh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Wait, so this Piatti that just signed with Montreal just up and left San Lorenzo, where he was starting, right after the first leg of the Libertadores final?
They don't have money to pay guys in Argentina? :what:
it's kind crazy, they asked for an exemption (the circumstances were special after all, World Cup pushing Copa Lib back and it was just a difference of a few days) but didn't get it. So it was either now or in January.

Weird as hell tho, breh missed out on a career highlight

Piatti may have landed himself in hot water with Impact fans for some comments made earlier this week over the radio in Buenos Aires.

Ignacio Piatti hasn’t played a game yet with the Montreal Impact, and he’s already thinking about potential future destinations.

In an interview with Buenos Aires radio station Grafica, Piatti explained that he sees his time with the Impact as a stepping stone for a move to a club south of the border.

“My objective is to go to Canada, make a good impression, and then see if there's possibilities in the United States,” Piatti said. “I’d like to play for New York or Miami.”

:heh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://grantland.com/features/ray-rice-domestic-abuse-nfl-culture/

"Tough Talk The Ray Rice scandal and why problems in the NFL are so hard to discuss"

enjoyed this piece, if only as a demonstration of how soft and "enlightened" males are supposed to be these days according to uber-liberal sensitive homosexuals like Brian Phillips

what's a bit of brain damage and wife beatings if it makes everyone happy? keeps loudmouth bytches in check? provides spectacle and entertainment?

The NFL sells this fantasy without really admitting that it sells it. Which is a problem, because when the league encounters circumstances that compel it to stand against, say, rampant, horrifying abuse, what results is often something like the confusion of the Rice scandal. There is the familiar theater of inadequate contrition, the risible effort to explain real tragedy through the medium of sports clichés (“a heck of a guy,” “failure is not getting up”). There is the reaction-driven media shouting.5 There is the total disconnect between fans who want the league to do more and fans who resent the league for doing anything at all, because to do anything is to interrupt the smooth operation of the illusion of male power that the NFL is supposed to represent.

And it’s this illusion that, unacknowledged, breaks the machinery of conversation. Internet comments defending Rice and the NFL are — well, many of them are genuinely and chillingly misogynistic, but I think more of them are primarily concerned with protecting football from mainstream cultural norms: Don’t take this away too. Men who post smug explanations of league suspension policy may be secret domestic-violence enthusiasts, but more likely they’re simply trying to keep any trace of sensitivity from softening their cartoon war game. What they’re talking about isn’t precisely what they’re talking about. They don’t support the problem; they just don’t want to think about it. They refuse to be collaterally enlightened.

I think guys like this are wrong. I think guys like this live on the tectonic fault between insufferable and ridiculous. But it’s also true that when I criticize the NFL for the absurdity of its suspension policy, I, too, am not saying exactly what I mean. My real, unspoken target is that fantasy of middle-class male superpower. What I really want is not merely to decrease drug-suspension minimums while increasing minimums for domestic abuse, as reasonable a goal as that is.6 What I really want is to save football, a game that I love, from the men who think it should work like this. I want to dispel the illusion; I want that hypertrophied caricature of male prerogative to have no place in American life.

:ahh: if only people dished out beatings for people writing stuff like this

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Cortese had helped to buy Saints for her father, Markus, in 2009, and after he had died following a heart attack in August 2010, his daughter took control. She is a secretive figure, believed to be worth around £3 billion, and apparently doesn’t particularly like football.

European Football :clap:

I don't really like this footyball, but I like it enough to know how to destroy Southampton :scheme:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Guardian has gone full retard with the Louis van Gaal cocksucking:

Tottenham Hotspur will like to think they can get closer to the top after the appointment of Mauricio Pochettino and, though Van Gaal has traditionally started sluggishly with all his previous teams, he has certainly been handed an obliging opening run of games compared to the challenges that confronted David Moyes this time a year ago, when United had City, Chelsea and Liverpool among their opening five games. Moyes always suspected the fixtures were set up that way to reduce the threat of United, the runaway champions, turning the league into another procession, and to provide some big live games early on in the first season of rivalry between Sky and BT Sport. Whatever the truth – and the relevant authorities deny his version of events – the bottom line is that Van Gaal has been given a much more straightforward entrance. His team really ought to get off to a flier when their first six games are against Swansea, Sunderland, Burnley, Queens Park Rangers, Leicester and West Ham and it is not until October they face a team, Everton, that finished in the top five last season.

:dwillhuh::what:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Daps
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3AXRxOOJhNpS2hZbzhBRDlvT1k/edit?pli=1
EPL season preview video

http://www.si.com/soccer/planet-futbol/2014/08/12/english-premier-league-season-preview
great previews from SI, the 'overall' articles and if you click each crest there's a full preview on each team

"Tim Sherwood is emerging as a leading contender to replace Tony Pulis as Crystal Palace manager."

:laff: fire holloway then hire a manager that's even more risk-taking, brehs

Should sign Caleb Porter :troll: