Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...eally-fallen-in-love-with-the-beautiful-game/

:whew: the ignorant britishness of it all. and the made up details. I love these type of articles, mostly cause they are dying off so quickly

excerpts:

Americans aren’t falling in love with soccer of their own free will; they are falling in love with clever branding, thanks largely to a battle between sportswear giants Nike and adidas taking place in their own backyard.
Nike is almost obliged to manufacture the American national shirt but, for political reasons, it can no longer do the same for Mexico, which is where adidas has stepped in.
Years ago, touring America was not seen as particularly beneficial because the Major League Soccer teams were not up to par. But then Nike and adidas got involved and realised that they could embed an entire tour into the contracts of the manufacturing deals that they had with their flagship teams. The result is a selection of the most prestigious clubs in world football playing against each other in North America. And when Manchester United (Nike) met Real Madrid (adidas) in Michigan last Saturday, they played in front of 109,000 fans – a record for a soccer match in the US.
The Red Bulls have a collection of very good footballers. Thierry Henry is there, Tim Cahill and, of course, my friend. The Red Bulls are a team that I could certainly get on board with. So I asked my agent to explore the possibility and what he came back with was interesting, if not disappointing. A representative told him that the offer was $35,000 (£20,800) a year.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
just answered your own question dikkhead

So he's the worst signing because they already loaned him out? :
Sounds like a shyt signing to me :ld:

Crown him

Chelsea does that shyt all the time now. Sign young prospects and then loan them out immediately. He'll get more playing time at Lille than at Anfield right.now.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I like seeing Ozil for PFA POTY, he has some weapons around him :whew:

I just don't think the English media would appreciate a player like him. His style isn't busy enough for England. The media and fans love them honest triers and busy footballers.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Premier League Champions: Chelsea
Rest of top four in order: Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal
Relegated: West Ham, Swansea, Burnley
FA Cup: Man Utd
League Cup: Man Utd
Golden Boot: RvP
PFA Player of the Year: Roondawg
Best signing:
Shaw
Worst signing: Lolbert or Lollana(not really Lallana but it sounds good together). Big money wise: Fabregas
First manager sacked: Large Sam(they will then hire someone who is meant to play nicer football, drop from mid-table, which isn't good enuff for WEST 'AM, DA 'AMMERS, and get even worse and be relegated)

European title winners
La Liga:
Real Madrid
Bundesliga: Bayern
Serie A: Juventus
Ligue 1: PSG
Eredisvie: Ajax
Champions League: Barcelona(proper random pick)
Europa League: Really who gives a fukk.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I like seeing Ozil for PFA POTY, he has some weapons around him :whew:

I just don't think the English media would appreciate a player like him. His style isn't busy enough for England. The media and fans love them honest triers and busy footballers.
Yeah deffo that mate, deffo. Not that he's a complete fraud.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/...eally-fallen-in-love-with-the-beautiful-game/

:whew: the ignorant britishness of it all. and the made up details. I love these type of articles, mostly cause they are dying off so quickly

excerpts:
“We got his whole family green cards, visas and jobs so that, when he finishes playing, they can still live in America. I thought you just wanted to come to live in the States, too?”
:mjlol: complete and utter horseshyt

"we're the mighty red bull fc of harrison, nj, and we're here for the green cards" :skip: