Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
He was going to try last year until Lukaku ran off to Everton. Shook of competition from a 40 year old Eto'o, a broken Torres and Demba Ba. :mjlol:

Then there was his World Cup performance. Breh was dropped for a 19 year old - who hasn't even got double digit career goals at club level :mjlol:- because he couldn't be trusted to control the ball. :dead:

28.5m :heh: only Southampton somehow getting 34m for Shaw beats this transfer.
shaw was 27m mate

Agree with everything else though.

28m for Fraudkaku :mjlol:

Like a scared little child in front of mourinho so runs to daddy martinez and infinite europa league football

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I can understand Chelsea cutting ties with him, but the breh is a traditional, old school propa propa numba 9 and alla dat, and these types don't generally develop until later in their careers. The things that make them great are of such nuance they typically take longer to develop. And I mean, the breh is 21 and already has to 15+ goal seasons to his name. When Drogba was his age he was frauding it up in Ligue 2. I legit think Chelsea lost out not committing to this breh, especially not giving him even a single season to atleast watch Drogba up close. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea buy him back for double the money when he's 25/26.

Its gonna hurt double bad when Costa gets hurt and Torres continues to be :flabbynsick:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Just joined a league for recreation brehs :blessed:

:snoop: hella outta shape though

If it's recreational everyone is gonna be :flabbynsick: there.

Unless of course you run into those dudes who take it way too seriously, which is entirely possible.

That's why I semi-retired from street basketball and rec center ball in college. There was a dude there who would legitimately get in your face if you missed a bucket and you were on his team.

I play a lot of racquetball now.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lol..the denial is immense. Yet he scored more goals than all your strikers. And has already scored more the 15 goals a season same number of times as the legendary Drogba. Yeah, definitely nothing there.:ehh:

You mean the same Drogba who led the line well, linked play, scored and created for himself and others? If Lukaku scored fewer goals but had a better all-round game he would have a long-term future at Chelsea. Simply scoring goals isn't enough. I read them Everton forums last year and they were almost always criticising his general performances and his touch/control.

I can understand Chelsea cutting ties with him, but the breh is a traditional, old school propa propa numba 9 and alla dat, and these types don't generally develop until later in their careers. The things that make them great are of such nuance they typically take longer to develop. And I mean, the breh is 21 and already has to 15+ goal seasons to his name. When Drogba was his age he was frauding it up in Ligue 2. I legit think Chelsea lost out not committing to this breh, especially not giving him even a single season to atleast watch Drogba up close. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea buy him back for double the money when he's 25/26.
He really isn't, imo. He can't play with his back to goal, is poor in the air for his size and doesn't link well with team-mates. He plays like a much smaller player, far more of a Torres than he is Drogba.

I think a player's technique is almost fully developed by their mid to late teens. Lukaku will always struggle with his touch and control and ain't nobody got time for that. 90% of the teams Chelsea play sit back and deny them time and space; teams open up against Everton/West Brom and give him room to work.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shaw was 27m mate

Agree with everything else though.

28m for Fraudkaku :mjlol:

Like a scared little child in front of mourinho so runs to daddy martinez and infinite europa league football
My sources confirm a fee of 34.7m and 162k p/w :sas2:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm usually on Arsenal's side.... unless it comes to Everton. Great performance, hopefully they can get 4th. They'll actually appreciate the R16 loss to Bayern/Barcelona.

Lukaku has looked emotionally invested in Everton all season. Let's just see if he's a typical mercenary or his actions are worth his words and he stays. Would be refreshing to see a player like that stay with a not-quite-there team out of love :leon:

:smugfavre: what did I say brehs

Lukaku is one of the good guys.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
But what the fukk is the problem with just wearing regular clothes if you're not a fan of either team that is playing?

Why wear a Barcelona shirt to a Manchester United - Roma match?

And I can't even really articulate my disgust with it. Maybe because of the randomness of it. Maybe because those fukkers just stand out and wear it to let you know who they support, and awkwardly try to shoehorn in whatever team they are wearing into a conversation that has nothing to do with anything. They are trying incredibly too hard.

On the surface we're all sorta posers, all sports fans, a train of thought that I've been steadily adopting. People can rant about why they support a particular team without realizing that their lot in life is particularly random, where they were born, their circumstances, who they interact with. So really, those living close to a particular club or were "born into it" choose their teams at random as much as some fukker from a flyover state in the United States who decided to up and choose Atletico Madrid on a whim one day.It's all arbitrary nonsense.

But knowing that, we should all try to save some face because we're trying to be serious adults and all of that, and realize that there is levels to this poser shyt. I liken it to depths in a pool, the more shallow being the most apparent posers. Those who wear a random ass shirt to a random ass match are have set up permanent camp in the kiddie pool.
I'm telling you good post in an egregious violation, yet that's how good the post was :jawalrus:

Would it be different if they were actually from Manchester?
I remember being at a Mets game and encountering some Japanese dudes wearing their Yomiuiri Giants gear. I thought it was pretty cool.
I'm guessing that the problem isn't simply with the shirts but the types of glory-seeking fans that wear them?

COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

Yomiuri Giants breh? Please tell me the shirt breakdown at one of these 'big games' that are hosted? There are no fukking Yomiuri Giants, San Lorenzo, Evian Thonon Gailliard, HJK Helsinki shirts there. It's like 25% Barca, 25% Madrid, 25% Chelsea, 25% Man United.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
He just turned 21 for goodness sake. :heh:

He does look shyt whenever I see him though. I ain't got time for them lumbering fukkwads who need to think out every little maneuver and bit of play.

I need my forward line to be composed of nimble twinkly toed fairies, who are taut and lean like teenage nordic boys, none of this hulking 6'2 212lb nonsense.

Except for Giroud. Giroud can stay.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
He does look shyt whenever I see him though. I ain't got time for them lumbering fukkwads who need to think out every little maneuver and bit of play.

I need my forward line to be composed of nimble twinkly toed fairies, who are taut and lean like teenage nordic boys, none of this hulking 6'2 212lb nonsense.

Except for Giroud. Giroud can stay.
197282-teemu-pukki.jpg

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Manager Ronny Deila says it is "stupid" that Celtic have to negotiate three qualifying rounds just to make the group stages of the Champions League.

Thanks to Scotland's poor club ranking, Celtic must beat Icelandic side KR Reykjavik and two other teams to make the group phase.

"Celtic have been fighting for many years with the best teams in Europe," said Norwegian Deila.

"It is stupid the Scottish coefficient is not regarded as good enough."

“It's very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised”

Celtic boss Ronny Deila
The Scottish champions, who reached the last 16 in 2013, are aiming for a third consecutive season in the group phase.

"I knew before I came here that we had three qualifying rounds," added Deila, who was appointed on 6 June.

"That's wrong because you have to take into consideration the club, not the country.

"We need the biggest clubs in the Champions League, who have deserved it.

“Celtic don’t deserve to have three rounds before going into the Champions League groups.

“It’s very unfair that going to the last 16, as we did two years ago, is not going to be recognised.”

Asked if Celtic deserve more respect from UEFA, the Norwegian answered: “Yes, I think so. This is a very big club with fantastic history.

“Celtic in the Champions League sounds good, it sounds like a good relationship.

:mjlol: