Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
fukk subway dancers, what a bunch of c*nts. doing spin moves and stuff in the middle of a semi-crowded train.

it's the small annoyances here and there that make quality of life suffer. an extra fukk you to panhandlers. i was very much a supporter of stop and frisk and very much in favor of arresting annoying c*nts.

i wanna see something original. like a mariachi band, a blind guy with an accordion, a magician or something. best i've seen is a replica of those motown groups.. old dudes with proper proper singing that leaves people like :ohhh:

and another fukk you to those extra cheery c*nts that try to make you feel guilty by being extra happy and telling people to have a nice day. not in enclosed spaces ffs, do that outside and on the platforms as much as you want.

i wonder what the charge is, it should be unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, coercion (yeah i even looked it up)

You never rode the trains much, did ya?
Seen all those before. :ehh:

But, subway dancers are easily the most annoying ... always inches away from kicking people in the face ... then there are those who do the trick where they pair up and roll through the whole car :beli:
seen at 1:00

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he stepfather of Argentine football star Carlos Tevez has been freed after being kidnapped on the outskirts of Buenos Aires and held for eight hours.
Juan Alberto Cabral was taken by a group of men while driving his car in Moron, some 30km (19 miles) west of Argentina's capital.

Police said Tevez's family had received several calls from the men demanding a ransom to free Mr Cabral.

Local media say a ransom of 40,000 pesos (£3,000; $5,000) was paid.

Neither the family nor the authorities have confirmed whether a payment was made.

"He is OK", a spokesman for the family said.

Tevez's biological father was killed when he was young, and the player was raised by Mr Cabral.

The former Manchester United and Manchester City striker is reported to have left Italy, where he now plays for Juventus, to travel to Argentina.

The BBC's Ignacio de los Reyes in Buenos Aires says it is unclear whether the kidnapping was pre-meditated or if the group just targeted an expensive-looking car.

It is not the first time relatives of football stars have been the targets of kidnappings in Argentina.

In 2002, the brother of former Argentina and Barcelona player Juan Roman Riquelme was kidnapped and the footballer allegedly paid $160,000 (£95,000) to free him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28547381

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Dude clearly struggled at PSG, but c'mon we are talking about a player that scored over 100 Serie A goals in 3 seasons :merchant:

Honestly if y'all might have been better off if he was your main man instead of Ibra (considering Cavani still got a lot of years left in his prime) :sas2:
I didn't say Cavani was shyte, just that Di Maria was better to me.
Plus, PSG needs a guy like Di Maria because they struggled against deep defenses last season. Apart from Lucas or Pastore, there is no proper dribbler in that team who can bring the ruckus in that type of defense. Lucas needs a little more space and Pastore doesn't fit in a 4/3/3. Di Maria can play on both wings and also as a left CM so overall, if PSG gets rid of a Lavezzi (who's a good player, didn't say otherwise), they'll be better IMO.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I found myself at a curious impasse today brehs.

There I was, in that period of contentment often felt in the morning, my body resuscitated and filled with vim. I was standing in Starbucks waiting for my bagel when I took a gander at the front page of the New York Times like I usually do, to see their reporting on the conflict in Gaza. In times where the Anti-Dapists are indeed waging an intifada it helps to sometimes draw inspiration from other struggles around the world.[...]
The Dap Cong is such a shytty organization. :lolbron:

Below the fold though, there was a story about the NYPD arresting subway dancers. My first thought was, "Yeah that does sound fukking annoying." I was siding with the NYPD. Despite all evidence pointing to it affecting young people of color, and it sapping the city of some sort of culture, and the NYPD actively making life worse on Earth, there I was, my feelings and convictions experiencing fissures right before my eyes. :lupe:

But the subway dancers did sound fukking irritating. Stuck in a metal cylinder with no exit, christ, I couldn't imagine. Luckily I never saw one when I was in NYC. I would've grumbled a bit and came to post on the coli about it.
It happens :

3:48.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
sparta prague just turned it around against malmo with 2 in 2 mins, potentially quite the upset too

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
for real though all those years of work southampton put in is getting destroyed in 1 transfer window

the owner is apparently going to sell them soon aswell, she doesnt care about the club and only inherited it

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Btu9gX-CQAApGCO.jpg

:weirdo: 2nd half stats alone. 3-0 sparta

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
I didn't say Cavani was shyte, just that Di Maria was better to me.
Plus, PSG needs a guy like Di Maria because they struggled against deep defenses last season. Apart from Lucas or Pastore, there is no proper dribbler in that team who can bring the ruckus in that type of defense. Lucas needs a little more space and Pastore doesn't fit in a 4/3/3. Di Maria can play on both wings and also as a left CM so overall, if PSG gets rid of a Lavezzi (who's a good player, didn't say otherwise), they'll be better IMO.

When you put it like that I totally agree, Pastore is more of a trequartista, Lavezzi is better for straight counter attacking football(as was shown during his time in Napoli) n Cavani is kind of surplus considering Ibra, Di Maria would complement that team greatly with him on one flank and Lucas on the other :obama:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
you cant jsut say that without the story :camby:
my friend lives in DC because he's on a diplomatic mission from brazil, he's in the brazilian navy. so my friend has a dept. of defense ID - looks exactly like a military ID but says "foreign national" on it. he uses it to boss his way through a line here and there :yeshrug:

we were in manhattan for some dumbass event full of people and felt like jumping the line. security guards in nyc have hard-ons for military members because 9/11 ra ra ra

what we didn't know was these security guards were cops and started asking my friend what his paygrade was and all this full metal jacket patriot bullshyt. he was a little taken aback because he has a strong accent and couldn't understand these bay ridge a$$holes, so i explained to him what they were saying, and we tried to leave. they start rattling about ICE and saying some xenophobic shyt, and told us to speak english or they'd have us arrested. of course they weren't gonna do that, but the fact that breh hit me with "welcome to america, we speak one language here" when i was born in Washington, D.C. pissed me off. i cussed him out in portuguese (stupid, i know, regardless of language) and they were tryin to get brolic with us.

not a great story, just an account of NYPD being pricks. i think OFT alone is at a story per week on this topic at this point

Montez

Superstar
Daps
my friend lives in DC because he's on a diplomatic mission from brazil, he's in the brazilian navy. so my friend has a dept. of defense ID - looks exactly like a military ID but says "foreign national" on it. he uses it to boss his way through a line here and there :yeshrug:

we were in manhattan for some dumbass event full of people and felt like jumping the line. security guards in nyc have hard-ons for military members because 9/11 ra ra ra

what we didn't know was these security guards were cops and started asking my friend what his paygrade was and all this full metal jacket patriot bullshyt. he was a little taken aback because he has a strong accent and couldn't understand these bay ridge a$$holes, so i explained to him what they were saying, and we tried to leave. they start rattling about ICE and saying some xenophobic shyt, and told us to speak english or they'd have us arrested. of course they weren't gonna do that, but the fact that breh hit me with "welcome to america, we speak one language here" when i was born in Washington, D.C. pissed me off. i cussed him out in portuguese (stupid, i know, regardless of language) and they were tryin to get brolic with us.

not a great story, just an account of NYPD being pricks. i think OFT alone is at a story per week on this topic at this point

Always those. In New York of all places.

I don't like to say it but NY would be better without some people. Reason why I have fallen out of love for the city. I wish Bane would come through and run shyt already.