Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
My Sounders getting the beats put on them. Glad i just left the office and didnt hit a bar to watch it

Regardless...cant wait till this saturday...the opening of Levis Stadium with my Sounders here to play the Quakes. My first MLS match and the opening of Levis is gonna be epic. 60+ thousand easily

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Galaxy distributed some work tonight :whoo:

Not surprising, they had something to prove after that friendly. Midfield giving away the ball like JBO posters give out their number to fat girls :mjlol:

Their back line without Yedlin..... :huhldup:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Btw, 63 milli for di maria? :dahell:

@Liu Kang come get ya boys breh, and i thought psg had a transfer ban put on them? :mindblown:
First, I don't stan PSG, I just support french clubs in CL. :whoa:

Second, 63M for Di Maria doesn't seem bad : he's proven, only 26 and was the best player in Real last season. Better pay 63M for him than 80 for James which is a huge risk (tho I don't think James will fail but still). PSG paid Cavani 60 or 65 and I think Di Maria is better so it would be a good signing IMO. But prices lately are totally non sense so...

And yeah if PSG wants him, they'd have to sell a player if I get things right. If I was PSG I'd get rid of Lavezzi (and keep Pastore) because Di Maria can do what he can do but better than him.

• Dap
Reactions: TTT

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I found myself at a curious impasse today brehs.

There I was, in that period of contentment often felt in the morning, my body resuscitated and filled with vim. I was standing in Starbucks waiting for my bagel when I took a gander at the front page of the New York Times like I usually do, to see their reporting on the conflict in Gaza. In times where the Anti-Dapists are indeed waging an intifada it helps to sometimes draw inspiration from other struggles around the world.

Below the fold though, there was a story about the NYPD arresting subway dancers. My first thought was, "Yeah that does sound fukking annoying." I was siding with the NYPD. Despite all evidence pointing to it affecting young people of color, and it sapping the city of some sort of culture, and the NYPD actively making life worse on Earth, there I was, my feelings and convictions experiencing fissures right before my eyes. :lupe:

But the subway dancers did sound fukking irritating. Stuck in a metal cylinder with no exit, christ, I couldn't imagine. Luckily I never saw one when I was in NYC. I would've grumbled a bit and came to post on the coli about it.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
fukk subway dancers, what a bunch of c*nts. doing spin moves and stuff in the middle of a semi-crowded train.

it's the small annoyances here and there that make quality of life suffer. an extra fukk you to panhandlers. i was very much a supporter of stop and frisk and very much in favor of arresting annoying c*nts.

i wanna see something original. like a mariachi band, a blind guy with an accordion, a magician or something. best i've seen is a replica of those motown groups.. old dudes with proper proper singing that leaves people like :ohhh:

and another fukk you to those extra cheery c*nts that try to make you feel guilty by being extra happy and telling people to have a nice day. not in enclosed spaces ffs, do that outside and on the platforms as much as you want.

i wonder what the charge is, it should be unlawful imprisonment, kidnapping, coercion (yeah i even looked it up)

Last edited:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i'd hardly say we're waging an intifada. we're on a hunger strike here, not throwing rocks at helicopters because some dude with swiss bank accounts launched rockets at the arcadium

i dont have an opinion on subway dancers, but if you got problems with NYPD, i agree with you, still.

i almost got arrested for speaking portuguese in manhattan last year :why: it's as ridiculous as it sounds

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
First, I don't stan PSG, I just support french clubs in CL. :whoa:

Second, 63M for Di Maria doesn't seem bad : he's proven, only 26 and was the best player in Real last season. Better pay 63M for him than 80 for James which is a huge risk (tho I don't think James will fail but still). PSG paid Cavani 60 or 65 and I think Di Maria is better so it would be a good signing IMO. But prices lately are totally non sense so...

And yeah if PSG wants him, they'd have to sell a player if I get things right. If I was PSG I'd get rid of Lavezzi (and keep Pastore) because Di Maria can do what he can do but better than him.

Dude clearly struggled at PSG, but c'mon we are talking about a player that scored over 100 Serie A goals in 3 seasons :merchant:

Honestly if y'all might have been better off if he was your main man instead of Ibra (considering Cavani still got a lot of years left in his prime) :sas2:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My favorite public transport entertainers were the street preachers that'd get on the buses in jamaica....

Them dudes had charisma by the bucketloads and would have you :ohhh: the whole ride, half screaming :damn: half :ohlawd: climbing the seat bars and all sorts whilst proclaiming the beauty of their lord...propa propa entertainment

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
i wanna see something original. like a mariachi band, a blind guy with an accordion, a magician or something. best i've seen is a replica of those motown groups.. old dudes with proper proper singing that leaves people like :ohhh:

I'd fukk with a yodeler, or a calligraphy artist. I thought perhaps a mime but they could be worse than subway dancers.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a busker in london usually at oxford circus st that has no arms and plays the electric guitar with his feet :ehh:

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On another slightly related note of irritating "performers" I've started playing the Kim Kardashian game, mainly because I'm a moron and I hate myself so it seems like a perfectly good way to waste my life of insignificance, cleaving my way to the top of the virtual celebrity ladder via ruthless decision making and cocksucking.

Though I gotta say the graphics are top notch and it is addicting, frantically tapping the little wodges of cash and tokens.