Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:clap: twellman

personally i've already gotten over it, it's a new reality now, but holgersson just would've been great to still have. could've had him another 5 years

our defense is fukked so fukk it, hope we sign JJ, we'll be horribly unbalanced up top but at least it'll be fun

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
we have a bunch of rookies back there, we really need roy miller back :yeshrug:

oyongo, mizaga, duvall. as mediocre as armando has been, he's suspended today

still got a chance, philly looks sooooo shaky its kinda crazy

Meh. Ethan White is our 4th choice CB, and Edu's an emergency CB.

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
I just posted my thoughts in the film room but yeah I really agree with you. In short as a sci-fi action film it's really fun and there were several really eye-catching sequences put in.

But I thought the theme and the allegory was slathered on a bit too thick, and they focused so much on that allegory and the message of the film that they ultimately sacrificed characterization, instead opting for thin characters and weak back stories.

I do feel like it's definitely one of those films that people will nitpick the fukk out of to just completely miss the point. As if there was not going to be some illogical parts in a film about the last remaining population of earth living on a bullet train :childplease:

Tilda was a highlight but she was too goofy in some parts for my tastes.

Been away from the comp all day, but this great summation..

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
That movie Lucy sounds like basura.

But inexplicably Scarlett Johannson is quietly becoming the actress of our generation.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
let's talk about how weird al has recently dropped some fukking heat brehs :wow:

tears :dead:

very smart, I so appreciate the cleverness

worst of the 3, still decent thogh

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
What y'all think about a three-thread epic about a fictional ethnography run in with a fake african family during a world cup match that starts off innocuous but steadily descends into madness as the narrator accidentally imbibes a particularly dreadful maas drink and knocks an ancient amulet off a tiny statue cracking it and setting off a harrowing juju experience all at the hands of a creepy old grandma that is locked in the basement? :patrice:

I actually planned to do it during the world cup, that or another ethnography documentary type piece detailing an office of people who know nothing about football but become increasingly agitated, ruthless and bitter about their lots in an office pool

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
sounds great, dont know how you'd be motivated using such material on these wastemen doe

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Acting-wise she's one-dimensional as fukk, but great directors love casting her because she looks like a beauty from yesteryear.

You may be right, but I think there may be some nuance in there, at least I got that from watching Under the Skin and Cap in pretty quick succession.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
You may be right, but I think there may be some nuance in there, at least I got that from watching Under the Skin and Cap in pretty quick succession.

I think movies like Lost in Translation and Under The Skin made great use of her limited range.

OTOH, when the director counts on her to do a little more she falls short for me. She was brutal in Match Point and Don Jon.

She on that second tier of actresses with Naomi Watts, but elite actresses like Chastain, Amy Adams, Knightley, and maybe even Jennifer Lawrence run circles around her. I'd go ahead and say I'd bet against her ever winning an Oscar, but they gave one to Julia Roberts so who the fukk knows.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I think movies like Lost in Translation and Under The Skin made great use of her limited range.

OTOH, when the director counts on her to do a little more she falls short for me. She was brutal in Match Point and Don Jon.

She on that second tier of actresses with Naomi Watts, but elite actresses like Chastain, Amy Adams, Knightley, and maybe even Jennifer Lawrence run circles around her. I'd go ahead and say I'd bet against her ever winning an Oscar, but they gave one to Julia Roberts so who the fukk knows.

I forgot about Don Jon when I was thinking about this. She was sorta embarrassing in that :avbehh: