Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
might have to flattop the Serie A

Juventus is selling apparently
Milan fell off
Inter fell off
lost one championship league place now its only top 2 get into the Group Stage automatically
Top clubs have to sign expendable parts from England & Spain
Its crazy hwo much serie a fell off.They lost a CL spot to budesliga in co-efficient points. But then again serie a isnt the most entertaining league esp with slow paced games.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
This bum Podolski all up in the videos and pictures with that big stupid Grinch grin.smh. was he even on the pitch this tournament........besides the celebration? Did Low just bring him along as the mascot?

Podolski.gif

He can't hear you mate.

baggio and Cruyff looking at him all salty

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
is 6 million "vine loops" a good number? could 100 people have the page open all day and reach this number, so it isn't actually that impressive? :ohhh:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
might have to flattop the Serie A

Juventus is selling apparently
Milan fell off
Inter fell off
lost one championship league place now its only top 2 get into the Group Stage automatically
Top clubs have to sign expendable parts from England & Spain

Don't own your stadiums brehs.

It makes you wonder how Serie A was so ahead of the game in the 90s.Was it all drug/mob money?

Will forever be the GOAT era. Parma, Juve, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Roma, Sampdoria, :wow:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
We will never sign Vidal because we have difficulty in attracting the most sought after players. We can only get nobodies like Herrera and that too for a ridiculous fee. We're a joke.
:manny:

That's why I'm rolling with Manchester City this season, I'm a winner not a loser :win:

The sky is blue because God is a Man City fan :blessed:

Glory Glory Man UtdCity!!!

I'll be back with Man Utd when they qualify for the CL and win the PL :myman:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Don't own your stadiums brehs.

It makes you wonder how Serie A was so ahead of the game in the 90s.Was it all drug/mob money?

Will forever be the GOAT era. Parma, Juve, Lazio, Inter, Milan, Roma, Sampdoria, :wow:
Juve getting there own stadium helped alot esp for the transfers.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
We will never sign Vidal because we have difficulty in attracting the most sought after players. We can only get nobodies like Herrera and that too for a ridiculous fee. We're a joke.
Remember when yall were linked to so many players last year? Tiago, fabregas and etc but got stuck with fellani:mjlol:

Cleverly has to go hes such an average player.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Serie A clubs did not own the stadiums but they also relied a lot on rich owners like Berlusconi, Moratti, Calisto Tanzi, Cranotti etc. Their model like the English one was based on buying good players and not really develop talent like the English. They were ,and still are, not adept at marketing their league and even negotiating for TV rights I believe was being done collectively with some lower division clubs. A lot of the clubs at one point were faced with the financial situation Chelsea and Liverpool faced i.e. being at the precipice of collapse or had to conduct fire sales like Leeds. Lazio went through it as well as Parma being linked to Tanzi and his business, Moratti threw so much money at Inter over the years buying so many players and hoping it would work out and was left with a bad structure and contracts that weighed on them once they stopped performing. Their fan culture is not as good as well, the English found ways to do away with the "undesirable" elements and corporatized with the prawn sandwiches and all while Italy still has some of that old style fan ,ultras etc.

The stadiums have not been mordenized as well and after Italia 90 I think they never really thought of long term development. Napoli's stadium is a case in point and the attendance of Serie A games is also not good at all, I read that it is one of the reasons Juve moved from the Delle Alpi to a smaller capacity one , if you look at the San Siro outside of the derby you see vast spaces. Calciopoli was however the final blow IMO in killing the league as it ceased to be a destination for any players in their prime, its funny watching players leaving England to play in Serie A after their done when Chelsea built of their late 90s squad out of the opposite movement with DiMatteo,Vialli,Zola,Guillit and other players like Ravanelli also joining the league after they were done.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
people clearly ignoring the biggest move of the window so far,us getting some barnsley reject called woods, who's only proper youtube highlight is from 7 years ago where he scored agaisnt oxford united or something

we doin big things :bow:

BANG. TAKE THAT DONCASTER

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Vidal rumours might actually be true :lupe:

(Ari stay calm, remember Thiago :sadcam:)

C'mon breh let's be real we not signing Vidal, we never get the big names. This is just another Thiago debacle waiting to happen. Vidal will probably stay or go to a team like Bayern and replace Kroos:yeshrug:

I refuse to get my hopes up nowadays. Until i see a player holding up the jersey at Carrington it's all BS to me.