Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Once Sanchez fell through, it's looking more and more like they won't land the big name to replace in this transfer window. It's still early, but I highly doubt it's gonna happen. Right now Rodgers and Ayre are just filling out the roster with enough talent to compete in the CL and league, and I think they're succeeding.

They've acquired a bunch of proven EPL talent (Lallana, Lambert, Wilfried Bony is looking very likely) and young guys who could be great (Can, Markovic, Origi). They're also looking at Antoine Griezmann, but honestly I'd rather just save money until late September or January and wait for the big name.

Of those names, Markovic is really the only one I get really excited over. He's gonna be a star; the only question is when. Him and Lallana are perfect fits for Rodgers' system (athletic, creative, quick on the ball, and hardworking), which is why even though I'm not over the moon about these signings, they're a far cry from how Spurs screwed up. They're not just guys Rodgers rustled up from all over Europe.

My guess they'll add Moreno and Lovren (sigh) to shore up the defense (and finally end Glen Johnson's reign of terror at right back) and then they'll be done. They probably won't be title contenders at the outset, but they're still much, much better than United, Spurs, or Everton.

Where the household names at breh?! :damn::damn:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang Contador gone :dwillhuh: Tony Martin looking like god :damn: Kwitakowski? :lupe: Purito is debacling Voeckler :dead:
Saw that live. It's tough in the mountains when it rains though Contador is usually good. Still haven't seen the replay of what happened but if he hurt his right knee bad, he couldn't do anything but quit. Anyway, just heard that Froome was riding with both wrists fractured :damn:
And yeah, Voeckler ain't built for that Red dot jersey. Purito is light years above him.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Saw that live. It's tough in the mountains when it rains though Contador is usually good. Still haven't seen the replay of what happened but if he hurt his right knee bad, he couldn't do anything but quit. Anyway, just heard that Froome was riding with both wrists fractured :damn:
And yeah, Voeckler ain't built for that Red dot jersey. Purito is light years above him.
I love how all this just means that the Vuelta is going to have the craziest field. Quintana, Hjesdal, Froome, Purito, Horner, Contador.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
mountain stages :ohlawd:
I know :wow:

But brehs, man like Tony Martin though. Took his hitta Kwit from the peleton to the break on a climb, and now has lead the fukking break over three climbs maintaing a gap on the peleton even with astana in full on chase mode and doing it super casually.

This dude FINALLY using his freakish ability to fukk up the tour. This is why Sky needed Wiggins. Wiggo is the only other dude on the planet who could do this.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
That new adidas kit deal:damn:

Woodward went in:whoo:
breh that deal is crazy.

rumours before was that it was £60m a year, turns out that was only nikes final offer :banderas:

Adidas make the best kits aswell :steviej:, we are making more money per a year via a kit deal than some teams make over 3 years in total sponsor money:umad:

@Don Rhymus im a casual fan in this cycling so i dont really know the alot of names, Wiggins been my fav since day though as he won so many gold medals for GB.

Who do you think is going to win it all?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
breh that deal is crazy.

rumours before was that it was £60m a year, turns out that was only nikes final offer :banderas:

Adidas make the best kits aswell :steviej:, we are making more money per a year via a kit deal than some teams make over 3 years in total sponsor money:umad:

@Don Rhymus im a casual fan in this cycling so i dont really know the alot of names, Wiggins been my fav since day though as he won so many gold medals for GB.

Who do you think is going to win it all?
Nibbles has to be the favorite now, hes won the vuelta and giro before. The thing is, he CAN climb, but he isnt an explosive climber. He can keep up with the top brehs but at a certain point the proper turbo climbers CAN drop him.

Porte and Valverde (who has been super quiet but is right there in contention) are going to try to go ham on him in the climbs, and I think theyll start today. Nibbles gonna have to play defense for two weeks and hell need his mans Fulgsang to do it. But yeah its between nibbles valverde and porte.

No idea if Kwit is really capable of mixing it up with the bosses for two more weeks.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Oh man, Tony Martin just exploded. Dude looks like he's riding in slow mo on the road :krs: