Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
so it happened....
1361921246_tumblr_mhpa5edksk1s4mj7uo1_400.gif
please dont jinx it

edit: wait you are talking about the adidas deal :myman:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
James needs to be in the 10 position so Ancelotti may choose a 4/2/3/1 to let him bloom easily (if Monaco let him leave which is not done yet).
But then there will only be two places for the rest of em (assuming Isco is James' official sub). Khedira and Kroos can play together but both of them love to play the 8 role. Kroos played 6 (which is Modric's role in Marid) in Bayern and didn't feel good there because he seemed limited by this role. Anyway, it's weird because the two last seasons Perez was saying he was going to sign plenty of young Spanish players (Isco, Illara, Morara and them) to keep it local and now he's back to signing proven stars.
Ttheir midfield way too loaded. They don't need A+ list signing but strong A-/B+ list ones to have proper subs. But Real gon' Real I guess.

Ancelotti started out with the Khedira/Alonso combination in midfield and once Khedira got injured DiMaria plugged in those gaps and even played like some hybrid CM/Winger depending on how the game was going. I can see why they would need to move to a proper CM type role with Kroos but adding James plus having Bale/Ronaldo and Benzema will be problematic. I saw Modric playing with Rakitic in a deeper role for Croatia and it did not work out as well for them and even in the CL final a half fit Khedira was thrown in the game at the start. This is like the AC Milan of 2004-2006 that Carlo coached were he tried to fit in Seerdof,Pirlo,Kaka,Rui Costa in one team and he had Rivaldo too, the only difference is that he did not have 3 players up top he could not drop.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BT Sport giving Arsenal that work again:mjlol:

:dead: at ugly Theo taking part in the ad.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Ancelotti started out with the Khedira/Alonso combination in midfield and once Khedira got injured DiMaria plugged in those gaps and even played like some hybrid CM/Winger depending on how the game was going. I can see why they would need to move to a proper CM type role with Kroos but adding James plus having Bale/Ronaldo and Benzema will be problematic. I saw Modric playing with Rakitic in a deeper role for Croatia and it did not work out as well for them and even in the CL final a half fit Khedira was thrown in the game at the start. This is like the AC Milan of 2004-2006 that Carlo coached were he tried to fit in Seerdof,Pirlo,Kaka,Rui Costa in one team and he had Rivaldo too, the only difference is that he did not have 3 players up top he could not drop.
Carletto loves himself some midfielders true. But he's a pragmatic and that's why he did the Christmas tree formation in Milan because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fit everybody (and above all Pirlo). Modric may not have been good with Croatia but he was shining with Madrid in this role this season. When Carlo switched to 4/3/3, he really was the one who dictated Real's game. He may have had a few bad games but overall he was one of the top performers. He has the vision and when he's deep he also as the time to distribute even when he's pressed. I didn't see many Croatia games but maybe was he too high on the pitch ? :ld:

As for Di Maria, he's linked to PSG so if he leaves, he will free some space in the midfield (though is usually a right winger and played (very well) the left midfielder when Ancelotti switched to 4/3/3) but IMO, it's not enough. Is Alonso leaving as well ?

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Carletto loves himself some midfielders true. But he's a pragmatic and that's why he did the Christmas tree formation in Milan because otherwise he wouldn't have been able to fit everybody (and above all Pirlo). Modric may not have been good with Croatia but he was shining with Madrid in this role this season. When Carlo switched to 4/3/3, he really was the one who dictated Real's game. He may have had a few bad games but overall he was one of the top performers. He has the vision and when he's deep he also as the time to distribute even when he's pressed. I didn't see many Croatia games but maybe was he too high on the pitch ? :ld:

As for Di Maria, he's linked to PSG so if he leaves, he will free some space in the midfield (though is usually a right winger and played (very well) the left midfielder when Ancelotti switched to 4/3/3) but IMO, it's not enough. Is Alonso leaving as well ?

I have not read anything about Alonso, Khedira and DiMaria are the ones with the strongest links to other clubs.If they go they will free up space to remake the midfield and keep Alonso. Croatia played Modric and Rakitic in the deeper positions with the Inter guy playing up top and that never worked well IMO. He has played well with Real since he made the difference against Man U. Teams like Dortmund and even other Spanish clubs often targeted Xabi to stop his distribution because they knew Khedira is not as dynamic on the ball and their defenders were not the playmaking types. I would have thought Barca would come in for Kroos as a replacement for Xavi because he can do the recycling of possession well but his pay demands are reportedly at the high end.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Brehs talking about kits and boots, adidas has got the kit game on lock by far, but nike got the best boots, and i just so happened to cop these turfs in which i will be debuting tonight under the lights

10qayv7.jpg

:takedat::takedat:

At least i'll look good

:sas2:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Aren't you niccas trying to sell mans before you can buy 3rd tier players? Might wanna pipe down about other teams aspirstions :win:
3rd tier players? Like whom? We havent been active in the transfer market cause we have a new manager and guys like lamela, capoue and iago falque are back they pretty much new signings to us.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3rd tier players? Like whom? We havent been active in the transfer market cause we have a new manager and guys like lamela, capoue and iago falque are back they pretty much new signings to us.
All i see is bony and betrand and you mans players being targeted...my point stands.

Utd got that prodigy money stacks tho :ohhh:

I wish we could back to adidas kits :sadcam:

However, im always weary of super long sports contracts...i bet in 6 years that 75 mil aint gonna be much to sniff at too tough, but in the meantime :whoo: