Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
it just feels so good to say we survived the austerity period. and to think we never dropped out of the top 4 despite that.:smugdraper:

last summer was no fluke, we're back to signing some real ready made talent.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Real nikka post so it goes in OFT:

Brazil's failure was truly a colossal one. I think all the aggrandizing and rhetoric isn't grand enough. This was a colossal. Not for Brazil as a country or anything like that, but as a footballing nation.

They comitted to this. Hard. And they did it years ago. Neymar's career, staying in Santos much longer than any young phenom-to-be would have in the past, was all about this world cup. It was all about a reaction to the failure of 2006, and even worse, the unpretty failure of 2010. It was Brazil taking their game back. No not dominating the world or some shyt, but reclaiming their identity. Being Brazil again. Retreating within themselves and holding onto that belief that if they just believed, and played free, and did their best to be as Brazilian as possible. Everything would work. Even if they lost, it would only be to atypical European cynicism and other cacities they didn't co-sign.

This investment into the Brasileirão, this major push they've made to bring all their stars back home. It was all based in this thought that going the world over was hurting them. That their way was a righteous one, and borderline indomitable.

But now they stand on the Bolivian end of a 7-1 transaction...and it wasn't cynical. It wasn't the result of some dastardly technical innovation the undermined the games beauty.

They got swagged on.

Swagged on.

SWAGGED. By fukking GERMANS.

They got that fukking KRAFTWERK.

This wasn't a game between amateurs and professionals.

This was a game between professionals and professionals who thought this was a movie.

Look at them. All those swashbuckling runs. Shruggling off tackles. Tekkering themselves into dangerous position. They did it all game. They got the ball and they tried really fukking hard to be as Brazilian as they good. If there was a dictionary definition for Brazilian soccer, they followed it to the letter. This Brazilian team played like we all played with Brazil the first time we played FIFA.

These are the children of Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos. They believed in the myth, and tried to actualize it.

:wow: I'm rambling.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well said @Don Rhymus

That Scolari had this job in 20-fukking-14 is the biggest farce, and everything else pales in comparison.

And I'm legit worried that Oscar won't recover from this for aaaaaaaaaages. Those scenes at the end were tough to watch, breh was crying his fukking heart out. And to think brehs thought he had a slump in the second half of last season :merchant:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
@Don Rhymus that's what I came to OFT to read, well said.

I can't even be bothered with the reaction thread posted on here. It was fun trolling the WC thread but I couldn't keep going, or keep reading the monsoon of opinions. Most of which have been bad. I'm all for people getting into the spirit of the game but goddamn, I can only take so much bad commentary. Salute to the soldiers who kept their work going, especially @penfield who seemed to turn heel 37 times in the thread.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brazil has shown the ability to restructure based on past defeats and change their style to whatever gives them results. Past Brazil teams always had a player who could take over a game particularly the forwards they had Romario,Ronaldo,Rivaldo and Ronaldinho in succession and a lot of those guys played together, even Kaka and Robinho could pull some strings when required. Current Brazil players are underwhelming they are like lab produced robotic dudes who do not have the imagination of their 90s players and that includes the 94 team that was very pragmatic.Other than Neymar a lot of those kids probably owe a lot more to Portuguese,French or Spanish sides for their football education whereas with the past generations Europe was more like a finishing school.

Gooner

Newest Member
Daps
Reppin
ATL & ERI
Real nikka post so it goes in OFT:

Brazil's failure was truly a colossal one. I think all the aggrandizing and rhetoric isn't grand enough. This was a colossal. Not for Brazil as a country or anything like that, but as a footballing nation.

They comitted to this. Hard. And they did it years ago. Neymar's career, staying in Santos much longer than any young phenom-to-be would have in the past, was all about this world cup. It was all about a reaction to the failure of 2006, and even worse, the unpretty failure of 2010. It was Brazil taking their game back. No not dominating the world or some shyt, but reclaiming their identity. Being Brazil again. Retreating within themselves and holding onto that belief that if they just believed, and played free, and did their best to be as Brazilian as possible. Everything would work. Even if they lost, it would only be to atypical European cynicism and other cacities they didn't co-sign.

This investment into the Brasileirão, this major push they've made to bring all their stars back home. It was all based in this thought that going the world over was hurting them. That their way was a righteous one, and borderline indomitable.

But now they stand on the Bolivian end of a 7-1 transaction...and it wasn't cynical. It wasn't the result of some dastardly technical innovation the undermined the games beauty.

They got swagged on.

Swagged on.

SWAGGED. By fukking GERMANS.

They got that fukking KRAFTWERK.

This wasn't a game between amateurs and professionals.

This was a game between professionals and professionals who thought this was a movie.

Look at them. All those swashbuckling runs. Shruggling off tackles. Tekkering themselves into dangerous position. They did it all game. They got the ball and they tried really fukking hard to be as Brazilian as they good. If there was a dictionary definition for Brazilian soccer, they followed it to the letter. This Brazilian team played like we all played with Brazil the first time we played FIFA.

These are the children of Romario, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos. They believed in the myth, and tried to actualize it.

:wow: I'm rambling.

harvey.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Brazil won't challenge in any cup competitions for a looong time.

They about to destroy and rebuild, Germany did the same thing after Euro 2000.

Grant Wahl I think had an article about this years ago, Brazil started developing athletes and not footballers.

They fact they were playing Fred up top should've been enough evidence they were shyt. Argentina is another one that needs that wake up call. England...nvm they had theirs in 2010.