Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's often hard to find the right words when speaking to a woman, but i feel this sort of thing usually works well

xl3AcMr.jpg

I bring it on myself...

But i figure she's gonna pest me sex or no sex so i may as well get something.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Lovren desperately wants to be at Anfield and Schneiderlin's probably going to Arsenal. Poor Saints (until they finally go out and get someone).

Watched Dirty Pretty Things on Netflix for the first time last night. Is there any doubt Chiwetel is the best black actor in Hollywood right now?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I swear on POF/Tinder and alladat, the girls who naturally gravitate towards me are always 18/19. I don't know why. I'm at the age where i need someone 21-26, but finding a good one of those is tough. Always have kids or are career-c*nts.

Tough times. I mean i could hit some 18/19 year olds but i can't really be bothered, y'know? Boring, and their craic is always awful, i'm getting really jaded with that process.

I'm getting sick of these kooky/quirky girls as well. Dressing/.styling yourself like that doesn't disguise how ugly you are.

And don't get me started on fat girls and their angle shots. No body shot = i'm asking for the facebook to stalk before i put any effort in.

Girls and horses?!?! Loads of 'em, fukking weirdos i tell ya. Couldn't grow out of that wanting a pony stage so transfer to that desire to adulthood in the closest way possible, oh and don't put up a pic of you in riding gear you look fukking ridiculous love.

I don't like the world today lemme tell ya.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
lol@a difference between 19 and 21 year old girls

grow up m8

@Hollister help me come get my adopted peoples :snoop:
That's just for my own self assurance over an age gap. I mean...when my next birthday roles around it's going to be tough to get away with 19. I care what people think, i'm not ashamed of that.

Oh and while i'm here...

I forgot, these "I want to travel the world and want someone to do it with :smile:" types

Well i don't so fukk off. I'm very happy being a little England'er and venturing abroad only to consume vast amounts of alcohol, drugs and prostitutes.

fukk would i want to go walk around landmarks for? Or trek through some jungle? Nah, fukk that, weirdo's.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
For you mate, anything.

But we'd have to be in good hotels.

My mate and his GF went travelling a while back(mostly went to foreign football games under the guise of seeing the world). I'd do that.

But do i want to go to India and see a river full of disease and shyt? Or China and see a wall? Nah, you're alright.

Anyway, ANYWAY, i'm just jaded as fukk with the whole women thing, i should really learn to be alone and not get itchy feet if i haven't shagged anything in more than a week but it's hard, y'know :lupe:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn, didn't know brehs were this deep in Colombia this video looks like it was taped in West Africa.

Longish article about African music in Colombia around the time Shakira covered Zangalewa by a Cameroonian band

From the Afrobeat indie of New York's Vampire Weekend to the ongoing rise of Mali's Amadou & Mariam, African music has been the success story of recent times. One country, however, was hip to African grooves almost 40 years before the rest of the world.

"African music came to Colombia in the early 70s and the poor communities went crazy for it," says Lucas Da Silva, a Colombian DJ who has put together Palenque Palenque, a new collection of Africa-inspired Colombian music from the 70s and 80s. "In 1972 a few sailors brought records back from Nigeria. Then record labels sent producers out to discover African records for the DJs to play. It's a unique phenomenon."

At a time when samba and salsa were sweeping South America, Colombia was dancing to records by Nigeria's Oriental Brothers International Band and Congo's Dr Nico. The records found a home at picós, sound systems that brought street parties to the Afro-Colombian towns along the Caribbean coast.

One of the first picós to play African music was the El Conde sound system in Cartagena. An airline pilot brought over a 45 called El Mambote by Congo's Orchestre Verve and gave it to DJ Victor Conde, who duly played it on the sound system. Playing that record turned him into an overnight sensation.

With African records in short supply, a picó lived and died by its tunes. Labels were scratched off, false names were given – anything to retain exclusivity over an Afro party anthem. Tracks sung in Zulu or Ibo were given new names according to what people thought they heard. One El Conde anthem became known as My Grandfather's Pyjamas.

The next stage was for musicians to record their own versions of African songs, and so champeta – the Latin-tinged response to music from Nigeria, South Africa and Congo – was born. The greatest champeta star of them all was Abelardo Carbonó, a one-time policeman who sang rough, spirited versions of songs from Haiti and the French Caribbean. "I liked doing strange things, I guess," says Carbonó. "I mixed African music with rock, even Chinese or Arab music. I like to play like I'm not from Colombia."

Champeta became the music of black Colombia, but by the 90s the movement had died as digital technology destroyed the exclusivity of sound-system culture. When Da Silva rediscovered champeta a decade later, he found its former leading lights, once big stars, living in obscurity and poverty. "The 70s were a crazy time in Colombia," says Da Silva. "It was the hippy era and the musicians didn't think they were doing anything important."

Carbonó is a case in point. "He has hardly any money at all," says Da Silva of the former policeman, who gets by playing guitar for an orchestra in the port city of Barranquilla. "He was amazed that anybody was interested in the music he made back in the 70s because the rest of the country has forgotten about it."

Now Da Silva is making a new record with Carbonó, while two compilations – Palenque Palenque on Soundway and The Afro Sound of Colombia on Vampisoul – are introducing the rest of the world to champeta. But why did Colombians love African music so much in the first place? "This music had a big success in Colombia because of the large black population along the coast, and the African culture that's strong here," Carbóno replies. Then, after a moment's reflection, he says: "Actually, it's because there are a lot of donkeys here in Barranquilla. When I was a kid, I was listening and dancing to their noises all the time. The African records reminded us of those donkeys."

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
@Liu Kang that fukking stage though :banderas:
Ah man, I'm not yet in Tour de France mode, didn't see the stage today and will probably be fully on it next week :snoop:
Too many stuff happening today : Wimby, WC, Tour, GB Grand-Prix :damn: One has only two eyes :damn:

By the way, have you ever played Pro Cycling Manager ? Saw a few vids of the 2014 edition and shyt got me :lupe:. I want to win the Tour with Pierre Roland now :lupe: