Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yedlin in the midfield is not a good looks IMO. He should stay as a right back (or a right winger) because he has speed and have good crosses but ball handling wise I was not convinced. Seems like the push-run type like one of his first touches yesterday showed which doesn't work in midfield.
Agreed. I think he's on his way to being they prototype "new" fullback. His speed is deadly on overlapping runs when he has space to run to. He may not get that as a hb. His defending has improved a ton too. No reason he cant be a two way fullback.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Barca's style worked better with mobile strikers like Eto and Villa pre-injury, Suarez does not strike me as a striker who will hang around the 9 spot and find it hard to drift to the wings. The problem for them would be that he is a dribbler and Barca seems to allow only Messi and Iniesta time on the ball to take on players. Neymar and Sanchez look a lot free for their NT outside the shackles that Barca has become because of their rigid style.
Cause of course neymar and sanchez get free role in the national squad playing anywhere the in front forward line position. Suarez is barcas answer to bale sure its year late but barca needs show there back in it and ready with this suarez sigining. I would expect them to win CL with ease with a player like suarez, messi and neymar in one team. But barca should fix its backline first with pique declining. Also they will prob put some youth this season with xavi leaving they got delufoe back and also rafinha who is tiagos brother. Sergi roberto another good prospect who should be xavis heir

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Brehs, i been listening to some podcasts and of course they were talking about some of the USMNT players potentialy getting a run in Europe. What are you guys thoughts?

I think Besler may get some calls.

Yedlin eventually..hes still VERY young which is scary.

I used to rate Gonzales, then he regressed, but he's looked the part the past few matches. I think if dude is forced to play to a certain level he will match it. Like he needs to be challenged.

Thats pretty much it :skip:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'll be Michael Bradley'ing all over those Arsenal poseurs* :hula:

*spending a little too much time on the ball but making decent enough passes :hamster:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'll be Michael Bradley'ing all over those Arsenal poseurs* :hula:

*spending a little too much time on the ball but making decent enough passes :hamster:

:lupe: Just dont give the ball away and not track back :damn:

I'll Jermaine Jones it...run around and fukk shyt up :smugbiden:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Brehs, i been listening to some podcasts and of course they were talking about some of the USMNT players potentialy getting a run in Europe. What are you guys thoughts?

I think Besler may get some calls.

Yedlin eventually..hes still VERY young which is scary.

I used to rate Gonzales, then he regressed, but he's looked the part the past few matches. I think if dude is forced to play to a certain level he will match it. Like he needs to be challenged.

Thats pretty much it :skip:
Yedlin is a given

Besler like Zusi is at his hometown team and it would take a REAL offer to get him out of there.. none of this qpr and wigan garbage

Omar is great, let's be honest his shakiness was non-existent .. he's back to his peak state

https://translate.google.com/transl.../anteprima/yedlin-in-america-giocano-pallone/

The apparitions in Brazil Yedlin are three, but during the last game (against Belgium ed) the young defender showcases all its quality, drawing upon himself the attention of several clubs in our league as Inter and Roma.

:skip:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Yedlin is a given

Besler like Zusi is at his hometown team and it would take a REAL offer to get him out of there.. none of this qpr and wigan garbage

Omar is great, let's be honest his shakiness was non-existent .. he's back to his peak state

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.iltalentocheverra.it/anteprima/yedlin-in-america-giocano-pallone/

:skip:
Dont you think this is besler only chance of jumping to europe? He is 27 after all...

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Yedlin is a given

I can see Yedlin playing in England or Germany tbh. For being a little guy he's fukking tough.

That's a good point about Besler, but dude isn't getting any younger. I think a midlevel table team could make the splash and scoop him.

Could see Omar playing in France for some reason. He might could do a job elsewhere though.

shyt is encouraging though.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Dont you think this is besler only chance of jumping to europe? He is 27 after all...
Zusi spent time training with West Ham in January, leading some to believe that a move to England was imminent. But Zusi said after a training session Friday that he's happy with Sporting KC, and that his decision to sign a new contract after months of negotiations was the right one.

''All along, this is the place I wanted to be,'' Zusi said. ''It wasn't a stressful process whatsoever. These things just sometimes take a while to iron out. I'm glad to have it done with.''

It's a new reality though.... "Europe" is pointless to these players now unless it's the real deal or they have a European fetish

Zusi has had plenty of offers and he hasn't been interested enough. Someone like Agudelo took the first plane out.

and @Jutt will read this but tagging anyway
Omar was being looked at by bundesliga clubs but he got his million dollar contract and stayed

Omar Gonzalez has not only broken new ground as the first pure centerback to ever earn a Designated Player contract in Major League Soccer. He will also be the first pure centerback millionaire in MLS.

Gonzalez’s new DP contract is a three-year guaranteed deal worth more than $4.5 million total, an annual average of more than $1.5 million that dwarfs what the league’s other top centerbacks currently make, sources confirmed to SBI on Thursday.

now that MLS teams have the money to compete less players will be leaving to random rinkydink teams...

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
It's a new reality though.... "Europe" is pointless to these players now unless it's the real deal or they have a European fetish

Zusi has had plenty of offers and he hasn't been interested enough. Someone like Agudelo took the first plane out.

and @Jutt will read this but tagging anyway
Omar was being looked at by bundesliga clubs but he got his million dollar contract and stayed

now that MLS teams have the money to compete less players will be leaving to random rinkydink teams...

I remember he was getting looked at, but i couldnt remember if it was Germany or France.

I think going to Europe is good for them to create a challenge for them to take that next step. Practicing and training with more skilled players...that polish will rub off on you imo. Better structure too. Of course, it could factor negatively confidence wise though too.