Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Saw that. Contador's team was shyte he was all alone and apparently SKY did everything they could to prevent Berto from winning ?
Berto went into the final day with a 8 second lead on Froome with Talansky about 40 back. Early on there was a :banderas: breakway. Some proper brehs were in it. Teejay, Porte, Voeckler, and most importantly Ryder Hesjdal was there with his mans Talansky. They put in work. Three minutes on the peleton early. But three Sky riders were in it so it looked like a perfect set up for a bridge and shyt. Froome with some of his mans broke from the peleton on a climb and Berto had to go by himself :beli:

.....and then he broke all of them :banderas: Then went and tried to run down Talansky who had enough time to win the whole thing. He got within like a minute but it wasn't enough. An American yout done fukked around and beat two of the best cyclists in the world in an all out one-week stage race just three weeks before the tour :banderas:

This shyt is HUGE. The question of whether or not Froome could sustain three weeks of full-strength Berto's trolling in the mountains just got answered, and the answer is no. The Sky Train was in FULL effect (a random Sky mans even won the stage) but Berto wrecked Froome, Porte, and Thomas something serious. A week of constant acceleration in the climbs did Froome the fukk in. He can't sustain this shyt for three weeks. I honestly feel like this tour will look like the Vuelta in 2012 where Berto, Purito, and Valverde just slowly broke him down with all the attacks.

And this all happens with the giant controversy surrounding Sky probably leaving Wiggins off the Tour team because he and Froome don't get along. Froome's smug ass better be on the phone to him begging for forgiveness because he's going to need ALL the help he can get. Berto just ran through his whole squad dolo.

But Andrew Talansky doe :blessed:

Two top-10 GT finishes, time for a podium.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Berto went into the final day with a 8 second lead on Froome with Talansky about 40 back. Early on there was a :banderas: breakway. Some proper brehs were in it. Teejay, Porte, Voeckler, and most importantly Ryder Hesjdal was there with his mans Talansky. They put in work. Three minutes on the peleton early. But three Sky riders were in it so it looked like a perfect set up for a bridge and shyt. Froome with some of his mans broke from the peleton on a climb and Berto had to go by himself :beli:

.....and then he broke all of them :banderas: Then went and tried to run down Talansky who had enough time to win the whole thing. He got within like a minute but it wasn't enough. An American yout done fukked around and beat two of the best cyclists in the world in an all out one-week stage race just three weeks before the tour :banderas:

This shyt is HUGE. The question of whether or not Froome could sustain three weeks of full-strength Berto's trolling in the mountains just got answered, and the answer is no. The Sky Train was in FULL effect (a random Sky mans even won the stage) but Berto wrecked Froome, Porte, and Thomas something serious. A week of constant acceleration in the climbs did Froome the fukk in. He can't sustain this shyt for three weeks. I honestly feel like this tour will look like the Vuelta in 2012 where Berto, Purito, and Valverde just slowly broke him down with all the attacks.

And this all happens with the giant controversy surrounding Sky probably leaving Wiggins off the Tour team because he and Froome don't get along. Froome's smug ass better be on the phone to him begging for forgiveness because he's going to need ALL the help he can get. Berto just ran through his whole squad dolo.

But Andrew Talansky doe :blessed:

Two top-10 GT finishes, time for a podium.
Wasn't Froome injured a few days earlier ? Did it affect his form in the last few days ?
I like Berto's style so µI kinda root for him and I was kinda happy he went in on SKY but I think Froome was not on top of his form and that the Dauphiné was kinda inaccurate in the Berto/Froome perspective.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Wasn't Froome injured a few days earlier ? Did it affect his form in the last few days ?
I like Berto's style so µI kinda root for him and I was kinda happy he went in on SKY but I think Froome was not on top of his form and that the Dauphiné was kinda inaccurate in the Berto/Froome perspective.
He had a crash, but the dude was up out of the saddle riding just fine and shyt :manny: I honestly don't really mind Froome.....but then I read the excerpts from his book :snoop: and now I want to see him humbled. Plus, leaving Wiggins at home would be some grade a bullshyt, and the SKY team in general gets the :camby: from me. I think Froome at full-strength on a given stage overpowers Berto like he did in the first stage of the Dauphine, but I really don't think he has the legs to do that shyt for a full GT.

And if he does :ld:

Them nikkas is juicing :ufdup:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
He had a crash, but the dude was up out of the saddle riding just fine and shyt :manny: I honestly don't really mind Froome.....but then I read the excerpts from his book :snoop: and now I want to see him humbled. Plus, leaving Wiggins at home would be some grade a bullshyt, and the SKY team in general gets the :camby: from me. I think Froome at full-strength on a given stage overpowers Berto like he did in the first stage of the Dauphine, but I really don't think he has the legs to do that shyt for a full GT.

And if he does :ld:

Them nikkas is juicing :ufdup:
Weren't you rooting for Team SKY last year ?
But yeah SKY is too arrogant and I think they kill the course's fun and make them boring with all that top notch organization and preparation stuff. I mean, in that area, they are US Postal on steroids. Armstrong and Bruynel were the kings of the "scientific" approach but SKY simply overdo it.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
Weren't you rooting for Team SKY last year ?
But yeah SKY is too arrogant and I think they kill the course's fun and make them boring with all that top notch organization and preparation stuff. I mean, in that area, they are US Postal on steroids. Armstrong and Bruynel were the kings of the "scientific" approach but SKY simply overdo it.
I wanted to Froome to win. After he carried Wiggs to the title in 2012 and got worked in the Vuelta in 2012, I thought he deserved it. Wiggs arrogance put me off despite the fact that he's a passenger in the mountains and could have been dropped at any moment by Froome.

But Wiggs has won me over this year by taking on a big one-day like the Paris-Roubaix and expressing desire to win some of the classics. Honestly, GC riders are kinda :ld: for me. I'm mostly about the classics and the brehs that excel in them like Cancellara, Gilbert, Tom Boonen, Sagan (hasn't won any yet but only a matter of time the breh is talented), and I love riders like Nibali, Purito-, and Valverde who can compete in the GTs but also go out and try to win the big one days.

In the GTs I just want to see brehs actually try to win stages and I root for whoever the most aggressive is. Last year Straight From Mexico Call Him Quintana won me over :banderas:, but really I'm only rooting for the Americans. Teejay and Talansky are my boys.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I wanted to Froome to win. After he carried Wiggs to the title in 2012 and got worked in the Vuelta in 2012, I thought he deserved it. Wiggs arrogance put me off despite the fact that he's a passenger in the mountains and could have been dropped at any moment by Froome.

But Wiggs has won me over this year by taking on a big one-day like the Paris-Roubaix and expressing desire to win some of the classics. Honestly, GC riders are kinda :ld: for me. I'm mostly about the classics and the brehs that excel in them like Cancellara, Gilbert, Tom Boonen, Sagan (hasn't won any yet but only a matter of time the breh is talented), and I love riders like Nibali, Purito-, and Valverde who can compete in the GTs but also go out and try to win the big one days.

In the GTs I just want to see brehs actually try to win stages and I root for whoever the most aggressive is. Last year Straight From Mexico Call Him Quintana won me over :banderas:, but really I'm only rooting for the Americans. Teejay and Talansky are my boys.
I see.
Same with Wiggins for me. I didn't like him 2 years ago but he seems more humble after all (maybe was it the heat of the moment) above all after last year tour and SKY complete lock down of the course which angered me :lolbron:

But I still prefer GTs because mountain stages are the best for me. Classics are nice but we all know the winner is usually the best rouleurs (uni-dimensional for me) who won em but then can't compete in GTs. Cancellara, Boonen and them are good for one day or one week events but real riders to me have to be able to be climbers. When I see the Boonens struggling in the climbs I'm :beli: because that's supposed to be one of the basics IMO.

But overall, same for me, whoever brings dynamite in the mountain stages for my support. That's what the people want :blessed:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I see.
Same with Wiggins for me. I didn't like him 2 years ago but he seems more humble after all (maybe was it the heat of the moment) above all after last year tour and SKY complete lock down of the course which angered me :lolbron:

But I still prefer GTs because mountain stages are the best for me. Classics are nice but we all know the winner is usually the best rouleurs (uni-dimensional for me) who won em but then can't compete in GTs. Cancellara, Boonen and them are good for one day or one week events but real riders to me have to be able to be climbers. When I see the Boonens struggling in the climbs I'm :beli: because that's supposed to be one of the basics IMO.

But overall, same for me, whoever brings dynamite in the mountain stages for my support. That's what the people want :blessed:
But at the same time, seeing those brehs the size of jockeys like Voeckler getting minutes put on them in time trials and brehs who at their best can only finish with the main group in flat or hilly stages has me like :upsetfavre:. Man tryna see proper proper all rounders like Merckx and shyt. Something like the Amstel Gold race that has 32 climbs in it and an uphill finish has me like :blessed:

I just hate that in the GC's it is perfectly common for a breh to not win a single stage and take a comfortable W. I honestly wish there was a bigger time bonus for winning stages. That's what really let a breh like Indurain feast during his days.

I guess all in all, I just wish there were more brehs like Purito, Valverde, and Nibali who to me, are the only three riders in the world who can truly call themselves all-rounders. I think Purito has been the best cyclist in the world for like the last 5-6 years. This dude finishes top 10 in two GT's a year every year, chases basically every monument and is always like Top 5 in them. What would his career look like if he took the atypical GT contender route and only rode one big race a year, no monuments, and only tried to be at his best just for the tour? But instead this dude legit rides the entire calendar and goes hard in everything

It's a damn shame he didn't get the Giro in 2012. That was probably his best and last genuine chance to win a GT :wow: Lost it on the penultimate stage :to:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
So I just saw that Euro 2016 will be in France, I may have to goto that. Russia is holding the 2018 world cup ( I'm presently kicking my own butt for not going to the brazil games) aber Russia imo just does not seem that exciting... maybe it is I don't know

Montez

Superstar
Daps
So I just saw that Euro 2016 will be in France, I may have to goto that. Russia is holding the 2018 world cup ( I'm presently kicking my own butt for not going to the brazil games) aber Russia imo just does not seem that exciting... maybe it is I don't know

Brazil was the one. All STDs would've been justified.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
But at the same time, seeing those brehs the size of jockeys like Voeckler getting minutes put on them in time trials and brehs who at their best can only finish with the main group in flat or hilly stages has me like :upsetfavre:. Man tryna see proper proper all rounders like Merckx and shyt. Something like the Amstel Gold race that has 32 climbs in it and an uphill finish has me like :blessed:

I just hate that in the GC's it is perfectly common for a breh to not win a single stage and take a comfortable W. I honestly wish there was a bigger time bonus for winning stages. That's what really let a breh like Indurain feast during his days.[...]
All rounders like Anquetil or Merckx and them were one of a kind but were also juiced up. And a breh like Indurain was a known client of Dr. Conconi though he wasn't a puncher like the others and from what I read, his victories was boring as he didn't exploded on his opponents but slowly but surely distanced them. I honestly liked the Armstrong era and still think that '03 tour is the GOAT as there were like legitimately 5 or 6 contenders for the title (even if Armstrong was the clear favorite).

Ultimately, it's almost impossible to be able to win time trials and mountain stages as different set of muscles are (supposedly) used. All rounders usually don't win either but are always well placed. So yeah, the Valverdes, the Rodriguez are bound not to win shyt or at least very few titles.

I think Quintana can be the next star as he's already a great climber and his slowly improving in TTs.
[...]
I guess all in all, I just wish there were more brehs like Purito, Valverde, and Nibali who to me, are the only three riders in the world who can truly call themselves all-rounders. I think Purito has been the best cyclist in the world for like the last 5-6 years. This dude finishes top 10 in two GT's a year every year, chases basically every monument and is always like Top 5 in them. What would his career look like if he took the atypical GT contender route and only rode one big race a year, no monuments, and only tried to be at his best just for the tour? But instead this dude legit rides the entire calendar and goes hard in everything

It's a damn shame he didn't get the Giro in 2012. That was probably his best and last genuine chance to win a GT :wow: Lost it on the penultimate stage :to:
Purito likes the sport I guess. He should have been world champ this year if it was not for Valverde's stupid as. But yeah Rodriguez is definitely the best in the last 5 years as he was #1 in UCI rankings like 2 or 3 times since 2009 so it's definitely certain that his the best all rounder on top of being the most consistent throughout since the late 2000s.