Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Shaw for Baines maybe. Let him show why we bout to drop dem milyonz on him.

Like Baines but he wasn't great last night, though some of it wasn't his fault.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not even mad about last night tbf :yeshrug: its not like we played absolutely sh1t or bottled it...we gave it a good go and just didn't get the result...our pace was our biggest strength and the heat stifled that from around 60 mins onwards

I agree with gilver's line up for uruguay...the runs :wow:

But yeah, rooney and shrubbery do need to link up with eachother :patrice: i yelped :bryan: when he stole the ball off barkley when he was on a little run on the edge of the box in the dying minutes

In saying all of this, im quietly optimistic that we can get results against uruguay and costa rica...

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Obviously I'll say different in the world cup thread lolz, but despite the positives i just can't trust us to get it done.

It's all on Thursday. Win and we go through imo, not just the result/points but it will give us ridiculous confidence probably.

Nervous already. Not going to lie i was devastated last night, don't know why i let myself get so involved:ohlawd:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
you guys know ive been saying it for the longest about rooney, if you dont play him at no 9 dont play him at all

i see the same problems at utd when hes picked over mata and kagawa and they have to suffer out of position because of him even though they are much better creative wise in the hole

sink or swim match vs uruguay who dont look good at all so far, suarez will be very rusty, we should win but i wont invest.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doing my head in the Welbeck bashing, he was good last night, people are absolutely clueless.
Yeah i thought welbeck had a really good game, he did what he needed to do. I liked the balance he gave our attack...and tbh he always puts in a shift when he plays for England, he should be one of the last people that gets stick

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
you guys know ive been saying it for the longest about rooney, if you dont play him at no 9 dont play him at all

i see the same problems at utd when hes picked over mata and kagawa and they have to suffer out of position because of him even though they are much better creative wise in the hole
Yeah mate, you're deffo the only one who's been banging this drum for about 5 years:mjpls:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Personally, I'm playing Rooney at 9 or not at all. :manny:

There are better 10s at united. For England though, Sturridge is the in-form 9. So drop him or shift him left of a 433 not 4231.

Last edited:

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
The England coach? ...can someone explain me what his tactics were? Rooney left winger...3 exactly the same players up front with no overview at all. This tactic was a counter attack tactic...this is suicide when you want to create chances through possession of the ball. Those 3 (sterling, sturridge, wellbeck) want to run in the open space, not playing tiki taka...it was ridiculous playing like this against the italians.

They should have put Rooney up front. He could hold the ball, and continue the play...1 player with pace next to him...and 4 midfielders blocking the italian possession

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Like what Phil is doing.

We undoing a few messes we had. Much as i like dude Melo screwed us with that trade.

Daley Blind has Tottenham written all over him. Old Liverpool too.

people...you are highly overrating daley blind...he lacks speed and defending qualities.....

If you want to buy someone from ajax (for a lot less) you should buy lasse schone!

Roovers410

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Amsterdam
Jones---Cahill---Jagielka---Baines

--------Gerrard----Henderson-------

Barkley------Sterling------Welbeck

--------------Sturridge----------------

Won't be, but it should be.

That team would beat Uruguay.

4 exact the same players up front. You need a number 9 with the ability to hold the ball and set up combinations..Sturridge is not that type of player. I'd put rooney nr 9 always