Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Every summer Gunner fans go through the same bullshyt checklist. Here we have a legitimate PL proven superstar who wants to play for us...and we are turning it down. Makes absolutely no Goddamned sense to me. Lets not kid ourselves either and think Cesc couldn't adapt somehow, someway into this team that would make us better. Like I said yesterday...if he shows up anywhere in England not named Ashburton Grove we better win a treble...because our team is just that stacked bruv that we dont need a Cesc Fabregas.

If this wasn't Cesc but another attacking midfielder you wouldn't be clamoring for him. If this was Mata, would there be an uproar? Spending 30M excluding wages so our rivals won't get him while ignoring our critical holes makes no sense. You don't pay 42 million for Ozil then say thanks but Cesc is now the main man.

1) Our team lacked goals, width, pace and power. Cesc addresses one of those issues.
2) Bringing in Cesc disrupts that Ozil and Ramsey that is essential to our team. Cesc and Ramsey make the same runs and Ozil and Cesc play the same role.
3) Bringing back Cesc either means Santi sold (arguably our most important player late in the season), Jack or Ox not getting minutes.
4) Cesc got offered to everyone and everyone said :ld:
5) Cesc adapting? If he could he would still be at Barcelona. Since Wenger moved him up he's a very attacking midfielder. He has never been great defensively, neither does he have the discipline to play Arteta role's. He's playing in Ozil's position if he was coming back.

I'll wait to see what happens. Wumger has his faults but him saying no says A LOT.

fukk that spanish motherfukker Fabregas if he goes to Chelsea, we brought you in as a kid, gave you everything, had so many great years and was a fantastic captain to the club AND THIS IS HOW HE REPAYS US BY JOINING CHELSEA :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

If he does move i am 110% going to the first game against them whether at home and away just to see him fail

nikka :whoa: Arsenal turned him down. He was pushing for the move apparently.

Also, this is the same Cesc that went on strike in 2011 to leave. So he ain't love us that much.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That NYT article made me like Klinsmann more. How bitter are small league types like Arenas and Samspson though :pachaha:?

Some of those quotes sounding like they were made through salty tears.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
nikka :whoa: Arsenal turned him down. He was pushing for the move apparently.

Also, this is the same Cesc that went on strike in 2011 to leave. So he ain't love us that much.

It still hurts man :sadbron: I just never thought he would go to another PL club except arsenal

Although it is funny Chelsea sold Mata only to end up having to buy Cesc :mjlol:Its not even like Cesc wil work much harder than Mata did, or hes a better player :russ: At least Chelsea take an L

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I still can't understand the illogical love affair some Arsenal fans have with Cesc. Good old days when we won what trophies? :heh:

Wasn't his fault. He had to play with Van Persie, Gallas, Sagna, Clichy, Song, Nasri, Arshavin, Wilshere, Adebayor, Hleb, Rosicky, Vermaelen, and Theo.

That 2010/2011 was his chance but he went missing at crucial moments.

It still hurts man :sadbron: I just never thought he would go to another PL club except arsenal

Although it is funny Chelsea sold Mata only to end up having to buy Cesc :mjlol:Its not even like Cesc wil work much harder than Mata did, or hes a better player :russ: At least Chelsea take an L

We moved on man.

Cesc > Mata. They got 40 million for Mata :mjlol: while buying Cesc for 26 million pounds.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
So is Vela going to Arsenal after all? I thought he was but now he told a paper he never enjoyed his time there and that he's not going to Madrid.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Them Olympics ain't happening. I know it's not really related to Rio, but this is turning into shyt storm.

The messed up giving Brazil so much. World Cup and the Olympics, for an economy that wasn't ready, was a train wreck. Brazilians are the realest.

@Hollister my nikka but Im happy this wasn't South Africa.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
We're on the come-up, they said.

Brazil will be the best country, they said.

You Americans are just scared of Brazil's potential, Holli said.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Wasn't his fault. He had to play with Van Persie, Gallas, Sagna, Clichy, Song, Nasri, Arshavin, Wilshere, Adebayor, Hleb, Rosicky, Vermaelen, and Theo.
THIS!!!!!

poor him then leaving Arsenal and having to play with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Sanchez, Neymar, Pedro, Alves. So sad.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
The messed up giving Brazil so much. World Cup and the Olympics, for an economy that wasn't ready, was a train wreck. Brazilians are the realest.

@Hollister my nikka but Im happy this wasn't South Africa.
its not that economy is not ready. Its the corruption and organizational issues. Vickery has been talking about this for more than a year now.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Can't really think of where to post these.. Are they worthy of starting a new thread?

Alex :noah:

am1.gif

am2.gif