Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
how ironic that I had to explain USA's loss as:

Me: where do the best soccer players play? A: Europe

OK... well in the USA, it's the other way around, and our best players are here.

The coach took a weakened European squad to this game, so it wasn't a big deal we lost.

Saying that and having it be completely true felt so good :takedat:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
CJThqnY.png

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

Timmy Cahill putting in work, made the 3 Australian goals. Ecuador stuck around and AUS completely fell apart after a red card, good game :leon:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@yoyoyo1 thoughts on Deuce breh? When some folks were saying he was out of form and should lose his spot. I dismissed it, but he looked rather pedestrian today. I'm def nervous about him :lupe:

This generation of players just can't finish for shyt on the national squad. They've had the same problems since the Bielsa era (07') :smh:

Our defense is a complete mess though. Sampaoli will have to find SOMETHING in the month he has to work with the squad before the WC starts.

We can hang with any team in the world right now, but the combination of wasted chances and a very fragile defense wont make us pass a group that has Spain and Netherlands :sadcam:

Chile is going to have there way with Holland breh. This might be one of the worst dutch teams in a long time. Strootman is good and Robben is still world class to me. But their young players haven't progressed and their superstars are looking flabby.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@yoyoyo1 thoughts on Deuce breh? When some folks were saying he was out of form and should lose his spot. I dismissed it, but he looked rather pedestrian today. I'm def nervous about him :lupe:

Chile is going to have there way with Holland breh. This might be one of the worst dutch teams in a long time. Strootman is good and Robben is still world class to me. But their young players haven't progressed and their superstars are looking flabby.
not worried, form is for clubs not countries

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

Yeah. I mean, I know we can beat this Holland team (and Spain too btw) but we are so fukking fragile on D and waste so many opportunities on O that I can't be confident going into the World Cup, specially when we are going to play against squads that even if they don't play good, have enough world class players that will take advantage of our mistakes.

I hope Sampaoli makes the most out of the 3-4 weeks he has to prepare for the tournament because we have the talent to make a little noise, it's just that there's a few very important details that we HAVE to fix to have a legit chance.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
wow, Nigeria brought their whole A team :leon:

it's just a bit surprising cause Mexico are always facing the backups of C teams most of the time for these friendlies

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
well that was a waste of 2 hours. mexico slightly better , but the tide only turned after nigeria was dominating and the mexicans proceeded to kick the fukk out of them to slow them down, and the nigerian brehs didnt want it after that

and by gawd, the MLS Matchday app is fukkin fire :blessed:

got them Stromae tickets, gonna miss Ecuador vs Honduras (WC) but fukk it :blessed:

Last edited: