Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
i've been reading so much crime noir fiction lately i'm starting to unwittingly become a hardboiled detective from the 40s

callin people shytbird. drinking whiskey by myself late into the night. strong arming loose women for information. except im not a real detective so i strong arm them for basic info like where the nearest atm is and if the pharmacy down the street is 24 hours
:dead:

Lemme get some titles doe breh :patrice:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i've been reading so much crime noir fiction lately i'm starting to unwittingly become a hardboiled detective from the 40s

callin people shytbird. drinking whiskey by myself late into the night. strong arming loose women for information. except im not a real detective so i strong arm them for basic info like where the nearest atm is and if the pharmacy down the street is 24 hours

ahaaaaaaaaaaaaa ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
What irks me with Mourinho is that for all the yapping he does, he's not even a great coach. Tactically speaking he relies on efficiency and commitment an that's why his teams implode after two years. He's a great leader but his legacy will only be about his theatrics off and on the field.
People remember him for Inter 2010 but not when he (tactically) trashed Barça 3/1 but because he played Eto'o as a full back. They forgot about his Porto team which was basic tactics wise, and when he was at Real even if he produced great performances in 2012 (but look at the players he had though) he didn't bring la Decima for what he was hired and nearly made the Spain NT implode. Plus, since 2004, he basically had a blank check in whatever clubs he went. It's easy for him to talk shyt.

Wenger may be a loser but he produced one of the greatest side to ever grace the game so I ain't even mad at him.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What irks me with Mourinho is that for all the yapping he does, he's not even a great coach. Tactically speaking he relies on efficiency and commitment an that's why his teams implode after two years. He's a great leader but his legacy will only be about his theatrics off and on the field.
People remember him for Inter 2010 but not when he (tactically) trashed Barça 3/1 but because he played Eto'o as a full back. They forgot about his Porto team which was basic tactics wise, and when he was at Real even if he produced great performances in 2012 (but look at the players he had though) he didn't bring la Decima for what he was hired and nearly made the Spain NT implode. Plus, since 2004, he basically had a blank check in whatever clubs he went. It's easy for him to talk shyt.

Wenger may be a loser but he produced one of the greatest side to ever grace the game so I ain't even mad at him.
I think what you're getting at is that he isn't great tactician which I would kinda agree with tbf, he doesn't do anything particularly special in that regard tbh.

He has a lot going for him - he's an absolutely brilliant man-manager for example - and tbh some of the stuff he does say/do overshadows his ability (and that of his players/teams for that matter) but I don't give a shat, that's my mans :smugdraper:

Is Wenger really a good tactician doe? I think he's basic as fook personally. Let's talk about Wenger, friends. :youngsabo:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
weren't you against Mourinho becoming the new Chelsea manager when Real Madrid was falling part :comeon:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
weren't you against Mourinho becoming the new Chelsea manager when Real Madrid was falling part :comeon:
4215552_o.gif

Montez

Superstar
Daps

I guess but he comes off real classless. Mourinho talking about Arsenal today and yesterday says a lot.

Think Mou always been hurt by the fact that Wenger hasn't won but is always recognized as an excellent coach due to the football his team plays while everyone realizes Mou is a great manager with :patrice: football at times. Mourinho will be remembered but there is always going to be but when you talk about him.When Roman tightened the purse strings, Breh was trying to buy Oguchi Onyewu and trying to find a spot for Steve Sidwell.

Wenger doesn't get a pass, the press and have fanbase are quick to draw the knives for everything. Bit harsh because ultimately you're asking a man to overachieve every season from 2005-2012. Been said many times but how was Arsenal to compete financially with a stadium being built and Diddy style commercial deals? Has he cost us in 2008, 2011 (biggest one collapse imo), and possibly this year, maybe but he's still done a massive and selfless (pay forgotten) job for Arsenal. I would've fukked off and went to Bayern, Madrid, or PSG long ago.