Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Think Mou always been hurt by the fact that Wenger hasn't won but is always recognized as an excellent coach due to the football his team plays while everyone realizes Mou is a great manager with :patrice: football at times. Mourinho will be remembered but there is always going to be but when you talk about him.When Roman tightened the purse strings, Breh was trying to buy Oguchi Onyewu and trying to find a spot for Steve Sidwell
Recognised by who?

When was the last time Arsenal played good football consistently? I don't mean one-off games because every team is capable of getting it right once in a while.

When was the last time Arsenal played quality football for a sustained period of time? It's been nearly a decade imho.

Wenger doesn't get a pass, the press and have fanbase are quick to draw the knives for everything. Bit harsh because ultimately you're asking a man to overachieve every season from 2005-2012. Been said many times but how was Arsenal to compete financially with a stadium being built and Diddy style commercial deals? Has he cost us in 2008, 2011 (biggest one collapse imo), and possibly this year, maybe but he's still done a massive and selfless (pay forgotten) job for Arsenal. I would've fukked off and went to Bayern, Madrid, or PSG long ago.

:dead:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Why would you attack a Failure if he wasn't a threat?
why is Maureen scared? :lupe:

When Roman tightened the purse strings, Breh was trying to buy Oguchi Onyewu and trying to find a spot for Steve Sidwell.
ib0whB0bpv2h2e.gif

Breh got shook Roman was holding back and was taking on D and E level players. Thats Maureen football without money and at its core.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was that a joke or true?

dont mess with gooch though, he was on his way to be world-class if not for that injury :sadcam:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
was that a joke or true?

dont mess with gooch though, he was on his way to be world-class if not for that injury :sadcam:
no, I will mess with Gooch. That same transfer window he moved to Newcastle and was an abject disaster.

Mourinho has also been stopped from bringing in cover for Terry. Aware that the eight-figure fee needed to buy his preferred target, Manchester City's Micah Richards, would not be provided, the Portuguese proposed a series of low-cost alternatives. However, agreed deals for Oguchi Onyewu, a US international who had been in talks with Fulham and would have cost £1m, and the Portugal centre- back Jorge Andrade, available on loan from Deportivo La Coruña, were knocked back.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/jan/13/newsstory.sport

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I think what you're getting at is that he isn't great tactician which I would kinda agree with tbf, he doesn't do anything particularly special in that regard tbh.

He has a lot going for him - he's an absolutely brilliant man-manager for example - and tbh some of the stuff he does say/do overshadows his ability (and that of his players/teams for that matter) but I don't give a shat, that's my mans :smugdraper:

Is Wenger really a good tactician doe? I think he's basic as fook personally. Let's talk about Wenger, friends. :youngsabo:
I didn't deny that he was efficient at what he does because that's what people want from him. Titles and he gets them. It's undeniable.

About Wenger, maybe he's simply past his prime. Dude been coaching since 1984 and is in charge of Arsenal for 18 years now, that's an extremely long period and I think he should find a new challenge somewhere else even if he does well at what he has to do : finishing in the top 4 every year.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Recognised by who?

When was the last time Arsenal played good football consistently? I don't mean one-off games because every team is capable of getting it right once in a while.

When was the last time Arsenal played quality football for a sustained period of time? It's been nearly a decade imho.

Doesn't matter, beautiful is what he is remembered for. Even Fergie in his book was :noah:ing at Arsenal.

Up until this season fell apart, I thought we were getting back to a high standard of football. But 2011 was the last year of :noah: football. 2008 was the peak in those lean years.

Good football consistently, been a while. We've had our moments but we've struggled to beat the top sides. We've had the quality beat everyone but 2 sides consistently over the last decade.

Venga paid a shyt load at Arsenal but he could've done that anywhere tbf. He was compensated for his silence when the club was going threw difficulties. Mourinho and a great number of managers would've dipped just like the players if the team couldn't compete financially. I appreciate Wenger for at least steering the club through a difficult period.

why is Maureen scared? :lupe:

Same thing I want to know. Went from bigging up City in the summer to constantly talking about Arsenal. Voyeur type shyt.

If Wenger is a failure why not let the inevitable happen? Doesn't compute.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Venga paid a shyt load at Arsenal but he could've done that anywhere tbf. He was compensated for his silence when the club was going threw difficulties. Mourinho and a great number of managers would've dipped just like the players if the team couldn't compete financially. I appreciate Wenger for at least steering the club through a difficult period.
Wumger cares about the club, which Maureen has never done. He will break Chelea's heart again, its what he always does.

Same thing I want to know. Went from bigging up City in the summer to constantly talking about Arsenal. Voyeur type shyt.

If Wenger is a failure why not let the inevitable happen? Doesn't compute.
He was bigging up Wumger in the summer too, now this. He scared, but I wonder why? :lupe:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Jose didn't attack, he retaliated to Wenger's original jibe.

What jibe son? How come Brendan Rodgers ain't clap back, he was talking all that :whoa: title race shyt.

on what he means by fear of failure…
If you're not in the race you cannot lose it, if you declare yourself not in the race you cannot lose it, it's as simple as that. I think just that our job is to be ambitious and to try to win, and if we do not win to take full responsibility for that. It's as simple as that and that's how I see it. I say that yes we are in it [the title race], yes we will have a go for it, we will absolutely give everything to go for it and if we don't do it I will take responsibility for it, but I just see it like that.

Or was it?

on the title race…
It is very open, only Chelsea can lose it because they are in front and all the other teams can win it.

Last edited:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
What jibe son? How come Brendan Rodgers ain't clap back, he was talking all that :whoa: title race shyt.
Jose was asked to respond to Wenger saying Jose and Brendan had a fear of failure.

Asked why his rivals were insisting they were not contenders, Wenger responded: "It is a fear to fail."

Come on, you know Jose will take on anyone talking about he's scared, not especially Wenger who he's been sonning for years now. :comeon: