Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
:manny: i get a buzz from working a crowd. i like teaching partly because it's a form of public speaking, which helps me get my rocks off tbh. it's a power trip.

i also really love linguistics and the idea that our species is divided and/or united by different sets of coded sounds and characters. shyt is mindblowing to me.

i wouldn't say it's tedious as much as frustrating because some people are just not good at learning, and others are just not good at learning a foreign language. and you have to throw your americanized expectations of students and teachers in the bushes and meet them halfway or at least 1/4 of the way.

definitely go tho. if you can work the room and make people enjoy learning, you're bound to get some cute joints in your class and you have an automatic "in" when you wanna try to get a taste.

i cant speak for french people, in fact i've heard bad things, but to be an american speaking portuguese is to be living good, socially. they all want to learn your language so the fact that you've taken time to study theirs is ingratiating.

All true,americans do the :ohhh: when you switch from one language to the other speaking both perfectly, fluently and effortlessly.

Btw porco, (:russ:) I'm off to a 4 day business trip, gonna be doing some simultaneous translating in workshops for a mining company, 2 days in Goias and another 2 in Sao Paulo.

Goias :whew:

but

Sampa :steviej:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
How we feeling about that Dylan Farrow letter in the NYT detailing Woody Allen molesting her? :avbehh:

edit: IT WAS SICK FAM, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY SICK

Montez

Superstar
Daps

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
may sound like a c*nt but some people are above the law, and some might deserve to be above the law for what theyve contributed :yeshrug:

I guess r. kelly is important enough, so woody allen is like 50x that and mj is like 100x that

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
may sound like a c*nt but some people are above the law, and some might deserve to be above the law for what theyve contributed :yeshrug:

I guess r. kelly is important enough, so woody allen is like 50x that and mj is like 100x that

Google a man called Jimmy Saville. He was a tv presenter here in the UK for decades.

He died a couple years ago, now we find out he molested kids the whole time he was a presenter. In the BBC studios aswell. They all knew about it but kept it quiet and forced the people not to expose him

Disgusting

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I don't know :lupe: Woody looks like the type but this has been investigated and no charges were brought.

This piece made me just as sick. What a hit piece.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/27/the-woody-allen-allegations-not-so-fast.html

Yes he hasn't been convicted of anything but God do I love how rallies around their people. So :demonic:

Interesting article. Not sure who to believe to be honest :yeshrug:

I mean that dude has a picture of him with Woody Allen on his twitter page so he's definitely not biased but I don't know he had some decent points in there.

Maybe one thing we can perhaps all agree on is that Ronan Farrow is irritating as fukk. He's like something made up out of a comic book, a wisecracking kid genius smart ass, Yale Law School at 16, fukk off :camby:

I'll probably hate watch his MSNBC show though :ehh: