Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Man City score 2 goals or more against Chelsea on Monday night you ban me for a month. If they don't you ban @-YDB- for a month :tu:

Do it, I could do with a month off.:mjlol:

Nah but seriously, if there's any team that can put the clamps on City in the league it's Chelsea.

They played them really well at the Bridge and they're a much better team now than they were then.

And I seriously doubt City will be as gung-ho as they have been, and with Aguero out Pellegrini has the perfect excuse for playing an extra midfielder like Garcia/Milner. I would LOVE it if City tried 4-4-2 with Dzeko.

Such confidence makes me want to put a real bet down :lupe:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It makes no sense at all

130961_heroa.jpg

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was listening to a Bill Burr podcast recently and he said something like 'when I started school I wanted to be a lawyer and by my final year I thought maybe I'll get into roofing' :dead:

shyt reminded me of when I used to tell my dad I was gonna be a architect :heh:

fixed for me

when I was in high school you couldn't tell me nutttttttttttttttheeeng. I was gonna be an architect.

Got to college and got clued in on the art/maths ratio involved with being an architect and was like

xd8000.gif

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
fixed for me

when I was in high school you couldn't tell me nutttttttttttttttheeeng. I was gonna be an architect.

Got to college and got clued in on the art/maths ratio involved with being an architect and was like

xd8000.gif
What bothered you ? The maths or the arts ?

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What bothered you ? The maths or the arts ?
Art is absolute piss to me so it was the maths breh. I mean I'm decent at maths but just fucc off having to spend 30-40 years of your life solving maths problems/logistics. I'd be about the grams life (don't ask me how) within 2 years.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Art is absolute piss to me so it was the maths breh. I mean I'm decent at maths but just fucc off having to spend 30-40 years of your life solving maths problems/logistics. I'd be about the grams life (don't ask me how) within 2 years.
Well you missed out then.

If I understand the "absolute piss" (did that mean that it's easy for you ?) correctly, maths is a minor problem in architecture once you graduate. Obviously you should know some physics and maths during architecture school but once you got the diploma, you mostly need to remember the principles because you are not solving actual maths problems in the architect life above all in big firms. Engineers do it for you whether it's about the structure, phonic or fluid problems, building cost etc. With time, you even acquire some solid background in those fields due to the repetition of certain solutions and thanks to talks with said engineers.

To sum it up, architects draw the plans, the envelope, the interiors, the details and even some structure elements, choose the concepts, the materials, the furniture, the implementation regarding the landscape, the whole architectural "parti-pris" etc. And engineers make it work.
Plus, with the Erasmus program you would have been able to validate 6 to 12 months abroad easily because most of foreign students validate their semesters without really trying (well a little though).

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Universidad de Chile :bow:

Copa Lib is truly back :bow:

watch an exciting Uni de Chile game that could end 10-9 but always ends 1-0 :bow:

Libertard and their stifling Paraguayan defense :bow:

Brazilian teams and their Man City pockets :bow:

Never knowing how Argentine teams will do :bow:

Ecuadorian teams sonning all others at home :bow:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well you missed out then.

If I understand the "absolute piss" (did that mean that it's easy for you ?) correctly, maths is a minor problem in architecture once you graduate. Obviously you should know some physics and maths during architecture school but once you got the diploma, you mostly need to remember the principles because you are not solving actual maths problems in the architect life above all in big firms. Engineers do it for you whether it's about the structure, phonic or fluid problems, building cost etc. With time, you even acquire some solid background in those fields due to the repetition of certain solutions and thanks to talks with said engineers.

To sum it up, architects draw the plans, the envelope, the interiors, the details and even some structure elements, choose the concepts, the materials, the furniture, the implementation regarding the landscape, the whole architectural "parti-pris" etc. And engineers make it work.
Plus, with the Erasmus program you would have been able to validate 6 to 12 months abroad easily because most of foreign students validate their semesters without really trying (well a little though).

:whoa:

I wasn't trying to sh1t on architects or anything like that

I just clearly wasn't about that life. I imagined there would be a curve and it would level out sooner or later, but I figured if I wasn't feeling just being told about the maths, it just wasn't meant to be.

I could've also been given outdated information back then, who knows.

and yeah you're right about assuming what I meant with the art thing '_______ is piss' = '_________ is fuccing easy'

Last edited:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Murdoch is about to let the bats out.:bryan:

There must be tonnes of footage of them taking the piss, sitting in the archives. :ohhh:
dont do it :damn:

fukk this country man, andy gray is the best commentator alive, them super sundays :noah:. The passion is unmatched.

It was all banter but this sexist shyt blew it up :aicmon:. Karen Brady :camby:

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
:whoa:

I wasn't trying to sh1t on architects or anything like that[...]
I knew and I didn't took it like this, I was just saying that architects do a whole bunch of things and it's up to engineers to make this whole bunch stick together. If you're interested in this engineer/architect "war", you could read about the Roissy Airport's 2E Terminal collapse designed by Andreu. It was due to technical wrongdoings and not really because of the architect but if you look at the design of 2E Terminal, it's not really far fetched to think that the design itself was the flaw.

I just clearly wasn't about that life. I imagined there would be a curve and it would level out sooner or later, but I figured if I wasn't feeling just being told about the maths, it just wasn't meant to be.

I could've also been given outdated information back then, who knows.[...]
Or maybe is it like this in the UK :yeshrug:
But it's a pity you couldn't try at least above all if you really liked it because you could have enjoyed it. I remember when I finished high school and everybody was saying that if one wasn't good at maths and physics, one couldn't succeed in the architecture world" and it was not really like that in the end. There was a good amount of people coming from literary fields with real weaknesses in scientific ones (physics, maths, acoustics) who became architects with ease...

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Universidad de Chile :bow:

Copa Lib is truly back :bow:

watch an exciting Uni de Chile game that could end 10-9 but always ends 1-0 :bow:

Winner of the draw will join our group. Tbh its between Cruzeiro and Atletico this year, maybe an Argentine or two.

That goal

:datazz:

Last edited: