Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the struggle is really ignoring what your peers are doing. People in their 20s like to posture, front like everything is alright which wears on you when you begin comparing your paltry income to their slightly more yet paltry income. That's what really gets on my boobamajugs, when someone I know isn't better than me is making more than me and is seemingly more stable. I've been working on that tho :manny:

the breh penfield hit the fuccing nail on the head :banderas:

I think that's the root of my problems. I know ALOT of people in my field, so seeing their instagram pics chilling with celebs, rappers and sh1t kinda grinds me down, because I know i'm way more talented than them.

But to the other point you made, in relation to myself, i'm not doing fack all, i'm just :patrice: because I haven't done it yet. I know I've got the hard headed determination and balls to get where I want to go (like for example, back in october I had to find £3000 out of thin air within a timeframe of 3 weeks otherwise I was literally fucced, like seriously game over fucced, and I managed to do it without breaking a sweat) , so I guess i'm basically just impatient and want it now. I'm a product of my generation :manny:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a big problems with our generation in our 20s is that we think the grass is greener on the other side. We have no idea if they painted that lawn or used photoshop to make it look greener, or if its even their picture. WE just think they are all doing better.

I know that because I did for years too, but I realized Im pretty happy with where I am right now. Not ideal, but I am happy. Happy and also realizing im not old and decrepit and dont have 2 or 3 kids I have to think about.
Even though I've always kinda liked the idea of being a young dad I'm glad I'm not tbh. :whew:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the breh penfield hit the fuccing nail on the head :banderas:

I think that's the root of my problems. I know ALOT of people in my field, so seeing their instagram pics chilling with celebs, rappers and sh1t kinda grinds me down, because I know i'm way more talented than them.

But to the other point you made, in relation to myself, i'm not doing fack all, i'm just :patrice: because I haven't done it yet. I know I've got the hard headed determination and balls to get where I want to go (like for example, back in october I had to find £3000 out of thin air within a timeframe of 3 weeks otherwise I was literally fucced, like seriously game over fucced, and I managed to do it without breaking a sweat) , so I guess i'm basically just impatient and want it now. I'm a product of my generation :manny:

And social media has made it even worse. Now you have countless mugs sat at home feeling depressed because they've spent an hour facebook stalking acquaintances who are on seemingly never-ending exotic holidays and balling with their little money.

I guess the homie @SCORCH pulled my card. I am said mug :leon:

although, I don't pree/stalk their fb's/instagram, I just always get told about what they're doing through mutual friends and seeing the odd instagram pic

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
all my friends from HS and college are mediocre messed, so :takedat:

all, i'm just :patrice: because I haven't done it yet. I know I've got the hard headed determination and balls to get where I want to go (like for example, back in october I had to find £3000 out of thin air within a timeframe of 3 weeks otherwise I was literally fucced, like seriously game over fucced, and I managed to do it without breaking a sweat) , so I guess i'm basically just impatient and want it now. I'm a product of my generation :manny:
what you end up doing breh?

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
a big problems with our generation in our 20s is that we think the grass is greener on the other side. We have no idea if they painted that lawn or used photoshop to make it look greener, or if its even their picture. WE just think they are all doing better.

I know that because I did for years too, but I realized Im pretty happy with where I am right now. Not ideal, but I am happy. Happy and also realizing im not old and decrepit and dont have 2 or 3 kids I have to think about.

No kids and health is one of the great silver linings. I see young moms on my fb all day and just :heh: at them couldn't catch me doing that.

Plus I know I'd be a joke of a parent at this point. I thought about if I were to have a kid, most I thought about was, 'oh I can tutor him in the ways of righteousness and teach him FIFA and all that' that's the extent of what I think of when kids enters the frame.

You never think about the boring, ugly sides of parenting, clothing, feeding, bathing, so on so on.

Edit: at least I don't, meaning my child would likely perish

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess the homie @SCORCH pulled my card. I am said mug :leon:

although, I don't pree/stalk their fb's/instagram, I just always get told about what they're doing through mutual friends and seeing the odd instagram pic

I'll be honest doe, if I ever come across an athelte's instagram or some shyt I do get a little :to:

That LeBron samsung commercial legit had me on some must be nice shyt :banderas:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
If Man City score 2 goals or more against Chelsea on Monday night you ban me for a month. If they don't you ban @-YDB- for a month :tu:
i'm with you 100% breh. full confidence the boys will come through for you innit

no-words-homer-into-brush.gif

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
"Hell is other people" I guess.
Relativity got we all fukked up thinking we can do better when we look at other people while if we just pause for a moment, take a look at our life as westerners and see that they are, in all objectivity, beautiful. We discussing existential questions sitting in from of computers with high speed internet ffs. Better is the enemy of good they say, well "they" are right and if we could appreciate our current state, maybe happiness rate will be higher in western societies.

I don't know if it's the human mind to forever be dissatisfied with its current condition or never be able to objectize it but this thought process is what's crippling a lot of people. As people, we need to understand that good is actually good and better is not needed. The greatest knowledge in life that we 20-something people need to acquire is to be able to spot the moment when we are good. From time to time, I manage to "see" it clearly like "my life is nice" and I don't need to do better honestly but most of the time, I see some friends with "better lives", younger people with better money, people more swagged out than me and I begin to envy them. Can't fight that feeling though, it's too powerful.

But from our younger days we are pushed to do or think better to reach a supposedly high potential in order to be satisfied. It's really hard to deconstruct this behavior that has been rooted in ourselves from the very beginning. I'm a laid back dude, so I've managed to have "good enough" outbursts often and quite been like that in my younger days so. Remember when I was in college and was stating to my mates "I'm good with a 13/20, I don't need a higher grade" so I would just work enough to get a grade around that while other people were grinding their asses to reach a higher one and reach "satisfaction". Some people call that mediocrity or laziness. I call it "good enough".

"Good enough" is contrary to progress though because it's leads to status-quo. And while it happens, the world keeps spinning...
Is being satisfied by good will get me outdated ? Maybe. I got 10 y/o tees that I still wear and I don't care because I feel like we don't need most of what we have. We are constantly pushed to upgrade ourselves. And that "forever dissatisfied" seed is in our minds and we are reminded endlessly that we can't be satisfied because we are not up to date enough. New is better but not always needed, so IMO, "better" is the devil really.

It's the same with girls. Some day, you look at your gf and then you say "I could upgrade her definitely" and when you break up, you realize that she was good enough and that you should have never thought that about her (:to:)

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to a Bill Burr podcast recently and he said something like 'when I started school I wanted to be a lawyer and by my final year I thought maybe I'll get into roofing' :dead:

shyt reminded me of when I used to tell my dad I was gonna be a pilot :heh: