Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I didnt even know this friendly was on, plenty of MLS action tonight that actually counts

you got Portland Trail Blazers very own Joel Freeland as well

I expect your full basketball support next season

I did not expect a white guy there :leon:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Damn, just got in from the lcd soundsystem movie :wow:

What a band, what a man, what a movie, my generation is the greatest by far :bow:

We're from North America. North American scum :bow:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Not a single one of you brehs cared enough to inform me that The xx had dropped a new one? This is a watershed moment. They have one sound, but gawt damn that sound is so perfect. It's like listening to the sound of waves echoing in the empty atrium of a broken heart.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW5AF0m9Zw&feature=related[/ame]

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
It's a great song. I just listened to their self-titled again, great fukkin album. It's odd, all their songs sound samey which is perhaps the product of being self-produced...but still being self-produced and still great is a feat in itself.

Waiting for that Wild Nothing album myself though..and the xx now.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
It's a great song. I just listened to their self-titled again, great fukkin album. It's odd, all their songs sound samey which is perhaps the product of being self-produced...but still being self-produced and still great is a feat in itself.

Waiting for that Wild Nothing album myself though..and the xx now.

It seems to stem largely from Jamie xx as all the other shyt he does sounds the same too, but that sound is magical. Like Beach Boys on lean. But then couple that with some genuinely good songwriting and it's magical.

That's what stuck out about them to me most, honestly. After I knew the songs by heart I could still fukk with the lyrics. Their hooks are fukking special tbh

I'm really just waiting for Air France and Phoenix to drop something. I don't even know what Air France do with their lives as it's certainly not making music, and Phoenix claimed to be far along in songwriting a year and a half ago. They're so fukking European about this.

That Wild Nothing should be pretty dope, but honestly the dream pop movement is kinda wearing thin on me. Feels like out of nowhere a million people hopped on that wave, and they're forgetting the "pop" part of it. It's been like a year of Dream Overlydrawnoutbullshytwithnocatchyhooks.

and Kanye needs to give my cac Mr Hudson a release date. Two Cities and Straight No Chaser are personal favorites.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Good shout on the Phoenix. A new album from them would be amazing right now. Would love to hear Daft Punk (everyone would though I assume) and a new Calvin Harris record by the end of the year/next year. Same with Vampire Weekend whose new song was enough to get me genuinely excited about a new record when I heard the live version of it :wow:.

I agree though with the dream pop stuff. Dunno if you heard that DIIV record but that was some decent droney reverb laden dream pop stuff. Not the most catchy but still good in its own right. Dream pop could be on the way out, even Beach House, the dream pop darlings aren't even really making super compelling tracks like they used to. I thought Bloom was good upon first listen but I've barely come back to it this year.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
article-2175781-141E3FF7000005DC-176_468x319.jpg

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
I'm hoping for Calvin's next album the songs featuring other artists are better than Let's Go and that shyt he did with Kelis. Let's Go felt like a throwaway David Guetta track. I remember seeing something Florence + Machine working with him, so that can be fantastic.

I'll check that DIIV out.

Holy shyt I didn't realize it's been 2 1/2 years since Vampire Weekend dropped. Contra feels like it came out a few months ago. Same with Delphic's album. Now I'm looking through my favorite joints from these past couple of years to see who's overdue and I realize It's Blitz and La Roux are both three years old :dwillhuh:

Random: Mark Ronson needs to do an entire album with Boy George

Randomder: Crystal Castles let Robert Smith kill them on their own shyt, but Platinum Blonde killed that shyt like 30 years before so they were dead before they even hopped on it, which means Smith is on his Resident Evil shyt and bodied the already dead.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Calvin Harris...meh.

Like mentioned(kind of), knock off david guetta, and i hate david guetta. Though i suppose some of his songs actually sound different unlike guetta.

The whole, place a popular artist over a dance track though :yawn:

The XX run that line of, is that 'their sound' or are they just uncreative c*nts.

They cool though.