Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

lcRiRjr.png

breh at :50 when he's genuinely crying tears of joy and at 1:55 when he gives robben a fukkin hug, not an embrace, a hug... :wow: wot a lad

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I know this is the 35th time this has been asked in this thread but once more eh? Podcast suggestions. As I've realized that listening to podcasts while running makes running infinitely better.

Not sports related ones. Don't really care about those. Some that I've started to listen to:

Hardcore History: not bad, sorta rambly but still pretty interesting.

This American Life: started listening to this based on the fact that its the number one rated podcast. At first Ira Glass's voice sorta made me :usure: but then they got into this story about a fukkboy orphan from Romania who was adopted by American parents, which I thought started off sorta corny then it got to the parts about Attachment disorder and unconditional love and how his adoptive parents had to explain the concept of parents and birthdays to him and how he was a problem child but the unconditional love that his parents showed him turned his life around. Now I know all millennials (brought it full circle) hearts are haunted lagoons of blackness and despair that proudly jeer the poor and boo the infirm but goddamn brehss that shyt had me HOOKED :ohlawd: and a little sad :to:

Stuff You Should Know: listened to two nerds talk about how underwater tunnels are constructed and I wasn't even mad, it wasn't super fascinating, more just like, "oh, so that's how they do it" type of feelings.

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
freakonomics (i'm sure you know freakonomics), bill burr monday morning podcast (comedy)

and for something way longer the joe rogan experience (check the guests, pick your favorite, see if you like it)

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
Brehs these next couple of days are gonna determine what kinda mettle I have as a man :lallana:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@horse. kills I can't fam, invested too much in these Bockers. I just want Wall in NY
these last two decisions he's made just now doe :patrice:

but on some real shyt, when fans of other teams say they want wall i get visibily upset. we've had ONE player (besides wall) come thru DC who was ever worth a damn in terms of being a star in the last twenty years, we are protective as fukk of any potential superstar. it's some emotional shyt. the wiz are the only team here that make me feel that way

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
but on some real shyt, when fans of other teams say they want wall i get visibily upset. we've had ONE player (besides wall) come thru DC who was ever worth a damn in terms of being a star in the last twenty years, we are protective as fukk of any potential superstar. it's some emotional shyt. the wiz are the only team here that make me feel that way
Wizards/Bullets?

We've had two in Arenas and CWebb.

But yeah, we dont let our superstars go easy. :ufdup:

They can only leave if they catch a rape charge or bring guns in the locker room. :birdman:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Wizards/Bullets?

We've had two in Arenas and CWebb.

But yeah, we dont let our superstars go easy. :ufdup:

They can only leave if they catch a rape charge or bring guns in the locker room. :birdman:
i dont even count cwebb tbh, he didnt reach his full potential until he got to sac

that whole era is incredibly bitter, that summer of hell where juwan signed with the heat and then didnt but he did but he didnt. then it turns out he sucks and we spend 108 mil to find out :why:

i remember the excitement before we got webber, when the deal was in the works, every day my dad would be talkin to his friends like ":ehh: we might actually be worth shyt this year", and i just ate it up as a kid

so when it didnt pan out, i was just fukkin destroyed

then gil came :blessed:

then left :to:

now we're here :yeshrug:

all this to say :pacspit: @Montez he aint goin to no fukkin new york knackers

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
i dont even count cwebb tbh, he didnt reach his full potential until he got to sac

that whole era is incredibly bitter, that summer of hell where juwan signed with the heat and then didnt but he did but he didnt. then it turns out he sucks and we spend 108 mil to find out :why:

i remember the excitement before we got webber, when the deal was in the works, every day my dad would be talkin to his friends like ":ehh: we might actually be worth shyt this year", and i just ate it up as a kid

so when it didnt pan out, i was just fukkin destroyed

then gil came :blessed:

then left :to:

now we're here :yeshrug:

all this to say :pacspit: @Montez he aint goin to no fukkin new york knackers
I was so excited when we got Webber because he was one of the first great college players I recognized.

He also had that nike commercial showing when he banged on Barkley. A Bullets player in a Nike commercial? My mind was blown. Plus Juwan had finally decided to not hold out. I really thought they would be something special. :to:

Then it all was over :wow:

The Gil era was fun, but I never thought they would do anything worthwhile. I knew they were flawed. But the way Gil ended. :to:

Ive pinned my hopes and dreams on Wall and Beal. If they fail, I may just give up on the Wizards and be a full fledged "NBA fan."

NO matter how great Wall becomes tho, my point gawd is Rod Strickland. :lawd:

Being able to get 16 and 8 while battling a hangover :lawd:

Being able to get 16 and 8 for a 1pm tip after leaving Republic Gardens at 3am. :lawd:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I was so excited when we got Webber because he was one of the first great college players I recognized.

He also had that nike commercial showing when he banged on Barkley. A Bullets player in a Nike commercial? My mind was blown. Plus Juwan had finally decided to not hold out. I really thought they would be something special. :to:

Then it all was over :wow:

The Gil era was fun, but I never thought they would do anything worthwhile. I knew they were flawed. But the way Gil ended. :to:

Ive pinned my hopes and dreams on Wall and Beal. If they fail, I may just give up on the Wizards and be a full fledged "NBA fan."

NO matter how great Wall becomes tho, my point gawd is Rod Strickland. :lawd:

Being able to get 16 and 8 while battling a hangover :lawd:

Being able to get 16 and 8 for a 1pm tip after leaving Republic Gardens at 3am. :lawd:
spending the off season trolling new york blacktop players :lawd:

sending terrell brandon into the dustbin of history :lawd:

wall wearing #2 is perfect, it's like he recognizes that he comes after rod, literally and figuratively. gil tryin to subliminally one-up strick with that number 0 :ufdup:

if beal and wall dont pan out, i'll still be here. i'm a sapling in the wind, i dont break, i just bend and twist until the storm ends :wow:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
spending the off season trolling new york blacktop players :lawd:

sending terrell brandon into the dustbin of history :lawd:

wall wearing #2 is perfect, it's like he recognizes that he comes after rod, literally and figuratively. gil tryin to subliminally one-up strick with that number 0 :ufdup:

if beal and wall dont pan out, i'll still be here. i'm a sapling in the wind, i dont break, i just bend and twist until the storm ends :wow:
all i want is deep playoff runs, I dont need a title. If they dont do that then I know its just not worth it.