Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
not surprising at all... soccer is still an overwhelming ethnic sport in the US

I'm willing to bet there's not one gringo-american in this thread, and that we're all (recent) ethnics with love of the sport passed down
:usure:

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
fixed

Grime Wiley still comes out from time to time. Wiley can't help it, he literally hates the music he makes to get money so he will exorcise his demons via grime tunes lol.

However Dizzee is gone.....forever.

This is a fuccing talent that made only 5 instrumentals (let's not even go into his mc'ing and how important 'boy in da corner' is as an album) and each fuccing instrumental was groundbreaking and two of them spawned their own two seperate mini genres ('hoe' and 'go')

how the fucc you make this from music 2000 on the ps1 and sample old nokia 3210 sounds :mindblown: :wtf:

Now mans making singles with arrogant bellends like robbie williams :snoop:

frank-mir-headphones.gif

I didn't even know he was ever behind the decks. This shyt is :wow: and he made it with what :dwillhuh:

I remember hearing "Bonkers" for the first time and just being sad as fukk.

Any recent grime Wiley shyt?

Also, am I a bad person for loving the fukk out of "Wearing My Rolex"? TELL ME BREH :damn:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
frank-mir-headphones.gif

I didn't even know he was ever behind the decks. This shyt is :wow: and he made it with what :dwillhuh:

I remember hearing "Bonkers" for the first time and just being sad as fukk.

Any recent grime Wiley shyt?

Also, am I a bad person for loving the fukk out of "Wearing My Rolex"? TELL ME BREH :damn:

yes
52406-Music_2000_%28E%29-1.jpg

:blessed: us with dizzee's instrumentals. Music 2000 also gave us So Solid Crews '21 Seconds' too :mjpls:

lol nah breh, don't feel bad, many a mandem liked wearing my rolex. Plus, everyone kinda just forced themselves to like because everyone was happy for wiley finally making it big in the mainstream and getting the recognition (money) he deserved for all the work he's put in. Did you know there was a petition to get a statue of him made in Bow E3 London (his home area) recently and 1000's of people signed it including Dizzee lol.

In regards to recent wiley grime sh1t, wouldn't have a clue tbh, I haven't paid attention to up to date grime in a while, it makes me sad tbh :to:. I'll ask my bwoy though and keep you posted.

And yeah, dizzee made 4 instrumentals (sorry for the typo). Each were groundbreaking. 'Street Fighter', 'Wheel','Go' and 'Hoe'. Like I was saying Go and Hoe became their own mine grime genres with the amount of bootlegs, remixes/refixes they spawned (especially hoe). People are still finding new hoe refixes people in the scene made back in the day but either never played out, never released it or played it once on a random pirate radio set and never spun it again.

I already linked you 'hoe'....There are tonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnns of boots and refixes so I'll only link you 3 hoe refixes to show you how far these hood yuots were going in in back in the day

hoe 98/ hoe (shadie's remix)

champion hoe

(people still don't really know 100% who did this. Supposedly it was just on a cd someone left at a vinyl cutting house and a dude picked it up and was like :mjpls: and pressed it on vinyl and the rest is history)

Now I have to preface this bootleg because the bootleg is so fucced up I have to explain the guy who made it. Flippy smallz is basically the god of making bootlegs in grime and if you ever managed to somehow get one of his dubplates (you'd have to know probs either 3 specific dj's/mc's in the grime scene to get them, and that's if the vinyl isn't battered by now) but anyway, he used to make these super fucced up grime bootlegs of instrumentals (his timbaland/missy elliot ones are probs the best of his)...and he was crazy titch's DJ (maybe a small factor for why noone tried to step to him about making bootlegs, tbf, he was aprobs about that life too)

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
dunno how you can hear "bonkers" and feel sad for the state of grime, that was a choooooooooooon blud

dizzee sold out, so what, everyone has to make money.. plus his mixtapes are legit

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
colombian, born and raised here tho , dont really feel any affinity tbh
dont really look like one either :mjpls::ld:
So you more Radamal Falcao than Cristian Zapata? :ld:

Both parents Colombian? Have you ever been back there?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
exactly, but even whiter. yeah once when i was 16 but that was a different world, didnt care for it
I feel you.

It definitely is different being to a 3rd world country after leaving America.

I just cant stop being Nigerian, its apart of me.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dunno how you can hear "bonkers" and feel sad for the state of grime, that was a choooooooooooon blud

dizzee sold out, so what, everyone has to make money.. plus his mixtapes are legit
Dizzee never sold out. He's always made weird sh1t :manny:. He made weird grime in the past and now he makes weird pop.

But oyoyoy :ohhh: all this time I thought of you as a white jock. You not even pale? :wtf:

The patriotism though :dwillhuh:

Blown minds :mindblown:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I have no idea, I was just being a dikk :beli:

What are you tho? Puerto Rican? Cubano?

Isn't he Eastern European? Yoyoyo1 being from Queens my first thought was Middle Eastern (Shout out to Steinway) but he reps America too hard :to:. Should've known, only South Americans love America like that.

yoyoyo is a fukking mystery. Still can't get over how he flipped and revealed his true self a while back :salute:

Last edited:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
exactly, but even whiter. yeah once when i was 16 but that was a different world, didnt care for it

I had no idea you were Colombian-American. I was born and raised here too but my love for the sport started by watching the Colombian National team since my dad and family are passionate about them. Kinda strange that you feel no affinity towards them if your parents are both Colombian.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I had no idea you were Colombian-American. I was born and raised here too but my love for the sport started by watching the Colombian National team since my dad and family are passionate about them. Kinda strange that you feel no affinity towards them if your parents are both Colombian.
this is how I got into the sport too. My dad put me on to the Nigerian '94 team, and I been stuck ever since.