Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Sorry breh, didn't realise you @'d me until now.

The boiler room crowd is the worst in existence. It's not even a legit club crowd, in the sense of them allowing people to just buy a ticket to go to a boiler room show. The crowd would actually be great if that was the case. Instead however, you basically have to know someone connected to boiler room or be in the london music/streetwear/fashion 'in-crowd' to get into the shows. You get in if your names on the list, if not, fucc off :beli: that's the only part about boiler room where they dropped the ball because you end up getting crowds like for example, every grime boiler room where 80% of the crowd doesn't know one riddim except for eskimo, i luv u or morgue. Just a bunch of cool kid hipster fuccbwoys. It made snese in the early days though cos they literally would just do the show in someones yard but now they're big enough to open the sh1t to the general public.
This. If you think the UK ones are bad though, the LA and NYC ones are HORRENDOUS. We're talking the absolute epitome of new to the scene hipsters swaying awkwardly back and forth or just standing around. I posted a clip from a Miami one from October that wasn't bad, but that's because it was literally a house party of long-time friends that BR did a set in.

But yeah, they need to change their model. They do a lot of them on the fly though (last minute venue changes and shyt), so they can't really sell tickets in a formal sense, but they should make it open to the public to end the terrible crowds.

Most of the deep house, tech house, and minimal BR's are just drags. People just standing, DJ's just trying to get through it.

I've seen some in the UK where the crowd was right though. The Disclosure/Skream set, the Bok Bok/L-Vis 1990.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I'm part Ghanaian on my pops side. But really, when you consider how many black folks are on this board, is it really that surprising that a lot of them that watch football on the regular got African roots.
not surprising at all... soccer is still an overwhelming ethnic sport in the US

I'm willing to bet there's not one gringo-american in this thread, and that we're all (recent) ethnics with love of the sport passed down

Last edited:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've seen some in the UK where the crowd was right though. The Disclosure/Skream set, the Bok Bok/L-Vis 1990.

I agree with you 110% breh. The disclosure/skream being alrite is to be expected tbh. Skream is about as mainstream as an underground artist can get, and disclosure is basically mainstream now :manny:

Bok Bok/L-Vis 1990 is also to be expected because they/night slugs/fade to mind is the only crew that everyone rates. Like everyone. From scene/hipster kids, to goons (who frequent the london underground club scene) to posh twats to uni students etc. I haven't ever met anyone who knew about the night slugs camp that thought they were sh1t...and it's not even like they're that great to levels of say a loefah, kode 9, wiley, mala, burial etc. I'm rambling fucc it lol

Basically, boiler room...SORT IT OUT.

Look at what typoe of shows they're capable of throwing when they open themselves up to the public (funnily enough, skream had just played before death grips)

The only grime mc I've seen get the crowd hyped every time without any fail is d double e, and tbf that's because everybody and their mum loves d double and he is the most gifted mc the UK has ever produced (seriously, just youtube him)...all he has to do is do his go "URGGGH URGHH DIRTE-TEE" and the crowd is going nuts :heh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
More hyped than I should be for the World Cup draw :blessed: I'm a sucker for this type of shyt
this stuff is so important Mandela just died and not one person will give a fukk past 11:30am EST tomorrow.

Mandela has 18 hours to run its course in the worldwide news.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I agree with you 110% breh. The disclosure/skream being alrite is to be expected tbh. Skream is about as mainstream as an underground artist can get, and disclosure is basically mainstream now :manny:

Bok Bok/L-Vis 1990 is also to be expected because they/night slugs/fade to mind is the only crew that everyone rates. Like everyone. From scene/hipster kids, to goons (who frequent the london underground club scene) to posh twats to uni students etc. I haven't ever met anyone who knew about the night slugs camp that thought they were sh1t...and it's not even like they're that great to levels of say a loefah, kode 9, wiley, mala, burial etc. I'm rambling fucc it lol

Basically, boiler room...SORT IT OUT.

Look at what typoe of shows they're capable of throwing when they open themselves up to the public (funnily enough, skream had just played before death grips)

The only grime mc I've seen get the crowd hyped every time without any fail is d double e, and tbf that's because everybody and their mum loves d double and he is the most gifted mc the UK has ever produced (seriously, just youtube him)...all he has to do is do his go "URGGGH URGHH DIRTE-TEE" and the crowd is going nuts :heh:
Didn't know that about Night Slugs :ohhh:

I can't even give them credit for that Death Grips shyt, that's SXSW, everyone in Austin that weekend is going apeshyt for everything.

This D Double E fellow :ohhh:

What ever happened to the dnb brehs like Skibadee?

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't know that about Night Slugs :ohhh:

I can't even give them credit for that Death Grips shyt, that's SXSW, everyone in Austin that weekend is going apeshyt for everything.

This D Double E fellow :ohhh:

What ever happened to the dnb brehs like Skibadee?

Yeah, Night Slugs is basically all we've got (in regards to always trying to push things forward (example being their 'club constructions' mini series) so everyone rates them off gp. Plus, they have their own spin on the 'London' sound/vibe which I think is refreshing. Also, I'm a little bias towards Bok Bok and Night Slugs, because Bok Bok has personally helped me out with some stuff that will see the light of day in the new year, but less about that :mjpls: and he's just taken a friend of a friend under his wing 'neana' so yeah...

Seen seen to the SXSW thing, but still, that bill they did was pretty fuccing incredible and insanely well balanced.

And D Double E like I said, is the most gifted UK mc I've ever heard. He can literally do anything on the mic, but that's because he started out mc'ing over jungle, so once the UK slowed down to 140 that speed must've just seemed like a bag of piss to him to rhyme over....and he's beloved by everyone, which is pretty rare. I'll link you a couple things but like I said, just youtube 'd double rinse' and you'll get a bag of classic old pirate radio sets from the mid 2000's.

(the way he makes it sound like there is 2 people on the mic is just :noah:)

(d double starts at 2:13)

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh and @Don Rhymus man like skibadee just couldn't adapt to the changing times (grime and dubstep) and weren't apart of the crews that came to the forefronts of those times :yeshrug:

oh and if any of you man want to really listen to how many fuccing characters that were in grime at its peak, and i'm talking about fuccing nutters then listen to this mixtape a well respected grime youtuber made of clips from various sets and years back in the day. The fuccing depth and range of mc's grime used to have :ohlawd:

@frush11 you'll love this breh

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lupe:

I miss grime Dizzee :to:

fixed

Grime Wiley still comes out from time to time. Wiley can't help it, he literally hates the music he makes to get money so he will exorcise his demons via grime tunes lol.

However Dizzee is gone.....forever.

This is a fuccing talent that made only 5 instrumentals (let's not even go into his mc'ing and how important 'boy in da corner' is as an album) and each fuccing instrumental was groundbreaking and two of them spawned their own two seperate mini genres ('hoe' and 'go')

how the fucc you make this from music 2000 on the ps1 and sample old nokia 3210 sounds :mindblown: :wtf: (who here from London remembers the nokia eskimo ringtone? :youngsabo:)

Now mans making singles with arrogant bellends like robbie williams :snoop: