Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
He'll wind up being a CB for us, but I'd love to see him get a shot as a CDM against sides like Arsenal to fukk shyt up like he did yesterday.

Chill B, he didn't fukk shyt up yesterday. Im always fair but Jones' performance is being overblown a bit.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Chill B, he didn't fukk shyt up yesterday. Im always fair but Jones' performance is being overblown a bit.

He's not an elite player yet, but I love the fact that we can play him at CB or CM and he gets it done. I don't worry about him not showing up when he's picked.

He's only 21 and still got a lot of growing to do, but even wit that he is quickly becoming a first team regular for these big games.

4-5 years from now I wouldn't be surprised if he was Captain, he's got that potential to me.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Anyone know someone who is a beachbody coach/shill?

Some girl on my FB got wrapped up into that shyt. I swear it's a cult, at the very least a multi-level marketing scheme/pyramid scheme.

Sad thing is she is always putting up before and after pics that don't really show much of a difference before or after :avbehh:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Anyone know someone who is a beachbody coach/shill?

Some girl on my FB got wrapped up into that shyt. I swear it's a cult, at the very least a multi-level marketing scheme/pyramid scheme.

Sad thing is she is always putting up before and after pics that don't really show much of a difference before or after :avbehh:
no doubt, was following this chick on tumblr and she was goin on about it all the time

decided to look it up one day and :avbehh: indeed

hey, there are different pyramid scheme niches out there, respect for whoever started that one up :yeshrug:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Mexico are massive 2 goal favorites, I wonder if the bookies know what is going on.

Either the trick is a spectacular success, after all this IS the best Mexican club team at the moment, used to playing in their home stadium, but then again the quality is reduced a lot but the chemistry is increased

just an interesting situation in general, just hope it doesn't end in the 1st leg and those NZ fans have something to cheer for in the 2nd leg. Cause TBH I'm not impressed with NZ at all, they can't even counter well, not much speed, just defense. And the altitude/filth takes its toll.

I just hope they have a good plan.

Enjoying the uncertainty while it lasts.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
And on the other side Uruguay is a massive favorite AT Jordan, and it's not like Jordan is a rinky-dink team either.

Away from home Uruguay took points from the weakest three teams in the division. Paraguay (D) Peru (W) Venezuela (W).

What did Jordan do? Didn't lose at home, beat Australia (2-1) and Japan (2-1) though they did get destroyed (6-0 Aus, 4-0 Jap) away from home.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
And on the other side Uruguay is a massive favorite AT Jordan, and it's not like Jordan is a rinky-dink team either.

Away from home Uruguay took points from the weakest three teams in the division. Paraguay (D) Peru (W) Venezuela (W).

What did Jordan do? Didn't lose at home, beat Australia (2-1) and Japan (2-1) though they did get destroyed (6-0 Aus, 4-0 Jap) away from home.
Jordan is a rinky-dink team breh

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Jordan is a rinky-dink team breh
any team that beats Australia and Japan at home in qualifying ain't rinky-dink breh

this would be a game I'd put a lot of money on +2 or at least +1.5,2 .. if I had enough money to play with like that

I do love seeing these random matchups.. need more Uruguay/Jordan and Mexico/NZ , like Nigeria vs Honduras or something. Those random friendlies that always get mocked on international weeks like Estonia vs Canada, but with something on the line.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
any team that beats Australia and Japan at home in qualifying ain't rinky-dink breh

this would be a game I'd put a lot of money on +2 or at least +1.5,2 .. if I had enough money to play with like that

I do love seeing these random matchups.. need more Uruguay/Jordan and Mexico/NZ , like Nigeria vs Honduras or something. Those random friendlies that always get mocked on international weeks like Estonia vs Canada, but with something on the line.

It's great to cause you literally have no idea what to expect. The amount of travelling involved in these playoffs and the completely different atmospheres/crowds is also great.

This was one of the best playoff matches I have recollection of watching, Australia-Iran in 1997. First leg was a 1-1 draw in Tehran, Australia needed a win or 0-0 draw to advance. Up 2-0 till 15 minutes to go and Iran ties it in the space of 4 minutes to shock them at home.