Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Paul fukkin' POGBA !!! :blessed:

9gppaI1.gif

EDIT : Man U brehs, why did Fergie let him go ? Was he not good enough at the time ?

Ferg wasn't trying to get strong armed by some young kid. Pogba wanted to start his senior career, but Ferg was trying to make him wait. Ferg was managed some of the biggest stars in the world, he probably expected more respect and patience from him and his manager. :yeshrug: Fergie was wrong, Pogba is having a stellar beginning to his career. I wish him the best at Juventus, probably eventually Madrid or Barca.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Oh, and Puskas award season as well

Pretty underwhelming bunch, Ibra the clear cut winner though I like the Olivera one

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
love that one, and in the derby too (though in one of those temporary home stadiums) :banderas:

always has to be the token 'big name' one thats pretty shyt but will probably win anyway. neymar's is like the 35th percentile of pretty goals..

underwhelming bunch

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Did you watch ruggers on Sat?
*had to googled "ruggers"*
No but I knew we were not beating the NZ. They are better so the loss was expected. The good thing is it seems that we didn't play badly that we didn't get trashed so I'm good with it. :yeshrug:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
On Sunday, the U.S. Soccer Federation squashed a report that the U.S. Open Cup winner’s CCL spot was in danger. An MLS source told SI.com that there is no push by the league to end that tradition. But the rumor mill continued to spin on Monday, when a story claimed that CONCACAF was interested in finding a way to admit the NASL champion New York Cosmos into the CCL.

The author of that piece, Kartik Krishnaiyer, directed the NASL’s PR and communications department before leaving the league in May. The NASL and CONCACAF have a common marketing partner in Traffic Sports, a Brazilian-based company, and Traffic Sports USA’s CEO, Aaron Davidson, chairs the NASL board of governors. Traffic also is an investor in three NASL clubs: the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, Carolina Railhawks and Atlanta Silverbacks.

CONCACAF and NASL sources told SI.com that they were unaware of any effort regarding the Cosmos and that bending the rules in favor of a single second-division club wasn’t in anyone’s interest. They confirmed that the club’s only pathway to continental competition is the U.S. Open Cup.

http://soccer.si.com/2013/11/11/con...s-concacaf-champions-league-berth-allocation/

@yoyoyo1 we could have a NY Derby for Continental Glory

:lupe:

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Ferg wasn't trying to get strong armed by some young kid. Pogba wanted to start his senior career, but Ferg was trying to make him wait. Ferg was managed some of the biggest stars in the world, he probably expected more respect and patience from him and his manager. :yeshrug: Fergie was wrong, Pogba is having a stellar beginning to his career. I wish him the best at Juventus, probably eventually Madrid or Barca.

Having Mino Raiola as his agent didn't help either, told the press he was going to leave for Juve well before the deal was even done because they were willing to pay him his compensation and United wouldn't. He got 1.6 million euros for that move, and it was essentially a free transfer :mindblown:

If and when Pogba moves from Juve it will be for Raiola's next big paycheck.

Having said that I wish SAF had given in and we had signed him. Jones and Pogba in the Middle, what could have been :sadbron:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Having Mino Raiola as his agent didn't help either, told the press he was going to leave for Juve well before the deal was even done because they were willing to pay him his compensation and United wouldn't. He got 1.6 million euros for that move, and it was essentially a free transfer :mindblown:

If and when Pogba moves from Juve it will be for Raiola's next big paycheck.

Having said that I wish SAF had given in and we had signed him. Jones and Pogba in the Middle, what could have been :sadbron:

:what: