Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
@yoyoyo1 you weren't joking about Freddy Adu stunting hard with the TV and movie reviews on twitter. I'm :deadrose: reading his timeline

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Opened up the oft and saw the video link "its not gay if its with Aaron Ramsey"

I wanna hate but i can't brehs, I feel truly satisfied.

turek44

The Gunner
Daps
Reppin
Jelenia Góra, Poland
Tomorrow :banderas:

1395811_662487810439296_457509340_n.jpg

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
BT Sport was last night on the brink of a stunning victory in the battle for Champions League football after blowing BSkyB and ITV out of the water with a near £1 billion bid for the world’s biggest club competition.

Sky :skip:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's official:

BT Sport has announced an exclusive £897m three-year deal which will end two decades of live Champions League football on terrestrial TV.

The broadcaster has won the rights to show all 350 matches each season from 2015 after talks with European governing body Uefa.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24879138

Sky mad as fook:

Sky indicated its rival had paid much more than it was prepared to offer.

"We bid with a clear view of what the rights are worth to us. It seems BT chose to pay far in excess of our valuation," read a statement from Sky.

"There are many ways in which we can invest in our service for customers. We take a disciplined approach and there is always a level at which we will choose to focus on something else. If we thought it was worth more, we'd have paid more.

:heh:

fukkery

i have both as i have bt infinity now but still

i want sky to stay the king :to:

sky hq must of been like :damn: when they heard the news
Their Champions League coverage is supoib tbf but fock em.

BT are mad amateurish (their build-up before the Saturday games is terrible) but they'll get better, and I get their channels for free on Virgin so I'm good. :lolbron:

Got my streams ready if prices continue to spiral out of control doe. :ehh:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What channel got the basketball this year. NBA is redundant on sky till the NFL is finished
Read on twitter the other day that the NBA delay things because they want as many people to sign up for the international league pass. It'll probably be a few more weeks before anything is announced but I'm assuming BT will be all that over that as well :blessed:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Read on twitter the other day that the NBA delay things because they want as many people to sign up for the international league pass. It'll probably be a few more weeks before anything is announced but I'm assuming BT will be all that over that as well :blessed:

I was lookin the other day, went on to the nba international tv rights page and it had every country but England/Britain/UK.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
no one yet

like you said sky will most probably add it when nfl finishes

tbh i cant fukk with nba till near playoffs anyway, way too many games
It's just absurd. It'd make waaay more sense to have teams play each other twice a season (home and away) and have just another handful of marquee games throughout the season. The quality of games would be a lot better, less wear and tear on the players and there'd be more hype for the playoffs imho.

I still can't get my head around the idea of back to back games, especially when they're travelling as much as they do.

concise

Veteran
Daps
It's just absurd. It'd make waaay more sense to have teams play each other twice a season (home and away) and have just another handful of marquee games throughout the season. The quality of games would be a lot better, less wear and tear on the players and there'd be more hype for the playoffs imho.

I still can't get my head around the idea of back to back games, especially when they're travelling as much as they do.

Basketball is not that physically demanding of a sport.