Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
The worst thing about this game is it might convince it's okay to keep Shinji playing out on the left, even though as good as he was out there he was :damn: the second he got into the middle. The brehs need a steady run of the only Belgian that matters on the left, Shinji in the middle, and behind either Rooney or RVP.

Carrick - Cleverley
Nani - Kagawa - Januzaj
Gooney/RvP

:ohlawd:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Biscuits is a bytch, but he is a hell of a player. If anything he is under appreciated amongst most fans. Coaches and tactitions all agree how important he is to team shape and style of play and his positional discipline to allow Xavi, Iniesta, etc. to play. His technique on the ball is :ohlawd: too.
I don't think you've got the memo breh but the "Biscuits is underrated" bit turned into the "Biscuits is overrated" wave once the Spanish and Barca machine started to slow and it was easy to see him for exactly what he is. A B player whose inability to genuinely mark dangerous attacking brehs or attack in his own right turns him into a downright liability when his team isn't dominating possession. That "positional discipline" is really "stay back as he doesn't actually have the ability to make an impact moving forward", which is why when Xavi is getting his wig pushed back you see Messi (and Iniesta) dropping back deeper and deeper to get the ball (and completely fukking the shape of the team) because there's absolutely nothing coming from the middle.

His card has been pulled.

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
So is Januzaj for Man U fans what MacEachran was for Scorch?
Januzaj is actually worth
jackoff2.gif
over.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
I'm convinced soccerfootball is the only sport in the world where all a player has to do is look good and he will be rated even if he has zero end product

:scheme:

BLAZO da GAWD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW ERA
Great technically yes, but not nearly as influential as rooney behind the striker. And if we play him on the left, we know the man will not score. :snoop:
What are you basing this off of? :pachaha: He's hardly played.

"I thought it was Shinji's best game in my time here," Moyes said.

"He hadn't really found his feet yet but I saw something from Shinji tonight which I hadn't seen in other games, so I was really pleased."

"His effort when we didn't have the ball was fantastic. With Shinji, everybody tells me about his ability and what he has got, but tonight is the first time I’ve really seen Shinji.

"I thought when we put him into the no.10 role, and even after it, he was good with Wayne. His attitude and energy were excellent and I was pleased for him."

Moyes is a dumbass.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I don't think you've got the memo breh but the "Biscuits is underrated" bit turned into the "Biscuits is overrated" wave once the Spanish and Barca machine started to slow and it was easy to see him for exactly what he is. A B player whose inability to genuinely mark dangerous attacking brehs or attack in his own right turns him into a downright liability when his team isn't dominating possession. That "positional discipline" is really "stay back as he doesn't actually have the ability to make an impact moving forward", which is why when Xavi is getting his wig pushed back you see Messi (and Iniesta) dropping back deeper and deeper to get the ball (and completely fukking the shape of the team) because there's absolutely nothing coming from the middle.

His card has been pulled.
Ya I agree actually. I was just saying for what he was asked to do for the last few years, he did it well. I'm not going to flex on him for that. He is too slow to mark, but in fairness that is not something a coach with any sense would ask Busquets' slow ass to do. He is a luxury player, but one that was an integral part of those great Spain/Barca sides. I'm not arguing :whoa:....but I just like him as a player.

I'd also like to point out that under this new manager, Barca have been getting the ball into the final third much more quickly, and conceding a lot of possession. Busquets kinda becomes useless with this tactic.