Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
:upsetfavre: Mate, did you not see that I said I was confused by the whole Van Persie thing? My opinion isn't going to be clear cut until all the facts are out. But I will say one thing, do you really think Van Persie is trying to fight for a championship with us if he's going to piggyback Man City to an easy title? Come on breh wake up, he said that so the fans wouldn't get on his back for leaving...also I singled out Gazidis (even though I criticised the board in its entirity as well) because he along with Wenger are the main dudes who handle contact/transfer negotations right? and it seems they can't persuade for shyt. And I also couldn't care less about what you'd describe the club as being (whether its correct or not) because when people talk about the club, they're talking about the stadium, the fans, the manager, the player, the board, the mascot etc etc and no, Van Persie is not bigger than that.
I'd like to see where he ends up. The whole myth of people fighting for titles with lesser teams being more noble is bunk. Arsenal don't sell themselves as a plucky little guy to the players they muscle off smaller clubs so walking around with a chip on your soldier when they get an even better offer as if they've somehow developed a streak of cowardice that's a 180 from when they joined is moot.

What van persie suggests is that he wants the club to be bigger. Probably the board do, but not on the timescale that van persie and a significant number of fans do.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
god damn, Arsenal's becoming the Africa of the premier league...just straight raped for its riches :to:

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like to see where he ends up. The whole myth of people fighting for titles with lesser teams being more noble is bunk. Arsenal don't sell themselves as a plucky little guy to the players they muscle off smaller clubs so walking around with a chip on your soldier when they get an even better offer as if they've somehow developed a streak of cowardice that's a 180 from when they joined is moot.

What van persie suggests is that he wants the club to be bigger. Probably the board do, but not on the timescale that van persie and a significant number of fans do.
:dwillhuh::russ::snoop: the fukk are you talking about? I think you're adding elements to my opinion which aren't there and have never been stated. Chip on my shoulder? Where'd you get that bollocks from? What because I think he was chatting gas about suggesting he would stay if Arsenal met his level of 'ambition' whatever that is? Really breh? And also, why am I not allowed to be upset when our best player leaves the club anymore? What i'm supposed to just :manny: and keep :stylin: like its all good...fukk off you plum

KOTK

Pro
Daps
:dwillhuh::russ::snoop: the fukk are you talking about? I think you're adding elements to my opinion which aren't there and have never been stated. Chip on my shoulder? Where'd you get that bollocks from? What because I think he was chatting gas about suggesting he would stay if Arsenal met his level of 'ambition' whatever that is? Really breh? And also, why am I not allowed to be upset when our best player leaves the club anymore? What i'm supposed to just :manny: and keep :stylin: like its all good...fukk off you plum
Pump your breaks simpleton.
But I will say one thing, do you really think Van Persie is trying to fight for a championship with us if he's going to piggyback Man City to an easy title?
You know he's going somewhere to win things. He's not Asamoah Gyan.

Clapsteel O'Neal

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pump your breaks simpleton.
You know he's going somewhere to win things. He's not Asamoah Gyan.

wow...well this post was a whole bunch of nothing...well done *claps feverently* :laff: tbh if I were you I would've just mosied on to the next topic :ld:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just say arsenal sell him and do the crazy thing and a tally spend the money on a new player, who is out there for us to buy?

I just read a host of names on some blog......

Strikers like Fernando Llorente, Klass-Jan Huntelaar, Robert Lewandowski, Edinson Cavani among others can be purchased with the funds generated from the sale of van Persie.

Let me take you down memory lane about a club called Atletico Madrid. They had a prized asset called Fernando Torres but they engineered a move for Sergio Aguero after his sale. When Aguero arrived in the shores of England, Atletico swooped for Radamel Falcao.

A move that was worth its weight in gold.

Wishful thinking?

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just say arsenal sell him and do the crazy thing and a tally spend the money on a new player, who is out there for us to buy?

I just read a host of names on some blog......

Strikers like Fernando Llorente, Klass-Jan Huntelaar, Robert Lewandowski, Edinson Cavani among others can be purchased with the funds generated from the sale of van Persie.

Let me take you down memory lane about a club called Atletico Madrid. They had a prized asset called Fernando Torres but they engineered a move for Sergio Aguero after his sale. When Aguero arrived in the shores of England, Atletico swooped for Radamel Falcao.

A move that was worth its weight in gold.

Wishful thinking?

about 365 days earlier

and yes, you are thinking wishfully