Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

KOTK

Pro
Daps
As usual the Premier League will benefit but none of the lower leagues will, all about money.

FIFA are looking to bring it in for the Club World Cup this December and then for the Confederations Cup next summer. Premier League want it in asap.
Maybe cos it's expensive?

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Maybe cos it's expensive?

Maybe so but I still think in the interest of fairness everyone should be given it. There's a bucketload of money in English football, 3 points in the Premier League is worth just as much as 3 points in League 2 (if you take away the money).

That's my stance anyway, it wont happen. Premier League will get it and that's it. Same old shyt.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Darren ‏@DarrenArsenal1
Im told R&W are currently building a website which will show clarity on owners and how said owners made thier money over the years
Collapse
Reply Retweet Favorite

this'll be epic lols

Maybe so but I still think in the interest of fairness everyone should be given it. There's a bucketload of money in English football, 3 points in the Premier League is worth just as much as 3 points in League 2 (if you take away the money).

That's my stance anyway, it wont happen. Premier League will get it and that's it. Same old shyt.
Yeah I suppose if it's used to clear up the majority of decisions it will look the lower leagues look backwards pretty quickly. Unfortunately the whole idea of the prem is elitism.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
As usual the Premier League will benefit but none of the lower leagues will, all about money.

FIFA are looking to bring it in for the Club World Cup this December and then for the Confederations Cup next summer. Premier League want it in asap.

Theres only one game in the lower leagues that count and thats the Championship playoff finals. Everything else is :yeshrug:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Theres only one game in the lower leagues that count and thats the Championship playoff finals. Everything else is :yeshrug:

Indeed, you've hit the nail on the head :rudy:

On the whole Van Persie thing, check this out:

[ame]http://youtu.be/zKksMZdJdgY[/ame]

comedy gold

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
It's not all about money and it's not all about this 'dream' of playing in the Premier League.

But it, because these teams dont sack their manager after only losin 3 games in 50 if they are happy to stay chillin in League 1. They lucky they went up in the end otherwise heads would of rolled @ Huddersfield.

The Championship teams go thru managers like whores go thru pills and tampax

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL

what is wrong with what I said? You telling me you're ok with players stepping outside their roles taling out their necks? :upsetfavre:. When a player starts yapping his mouth talking about what their club needs to do, thats them indirectly confessing they want to leave the club. Check the history books with Arsenal and tell me i'm wrong

KOTK

Pro
Daps
what is wrong with what I said? You telling me you're ok with players stepping outside their roles taling out their necks? :upsetfavre:. When a player starts yapping his mouth talking about what their club needs to do, thats them indirectly confessing they want to leave the club. Check the history books with Arsenal and tell me i'm wrong
Just making really weird points. You criticise the board (and overstate Gadzidis' role) and then criticise Van Persie for voicing the same concerns? The difference between fans and players is you'll keep talking like this and going back for 30 years+, while Van Persie has 3 years to get what he wants. What people refer to as 'the club' is interesting. 'The club' could spend more without going broke. 'The club' is peter hillwood and Stan Kroenke and their goons. To me, Van Persie is bigger than them. They're arbitrary money figures who can get the same cancer fizzman(fukk spelling his name right) had for the good it would do the world.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just making really weird points. You criticise the board (and overstate Gadzidis' role) and then criticise Van Persie for voicing the same concerns? The difference between fans and players is you'll keep talking like this and going back for 30 years+, while Van Persie has 3 years to get what he wants. What people refer to as 'the club' is interesting. 'The club' could spend more without going broke. 'The club' is peter hillwood and Stan Kroenke and their goons. To me, Van Persie is bigger than them. They're arbitrary money figures who can get the same cancer fizzman(fukk spelling his name right) had for the good it would do the world.

:upsetfavre: Mate, did you not see that I said I was confused by the whole Van Persie thing? My opinion isn't going to be clear cut until all the facts are out. But I will say one thing, do you really think Van Persie is trying to fight for a championship with us if he's going to piggyback Man City to an easy title? Come on breh wake up, he said that so the fans wouldn't get on his back for leaving...also I singled out Gazidis (even though I criticised the board in its entirity as well) because he along with Wenger are the main dudes who handle contact/transfer negotations right? and it seems they can't persuade for shyt so that's why I think he's poison for the club. I haven't seen or read thing about him that has been positive. And I also couldn't care less about what you'd describe the club as being (whether its correct or not) because when people talk about the club, they're talking about the stadium, the fans, the manager, the player, the board, the mascot etc etc and no, Van Persie is not bigger than that.

Do you think Fergie is referencing specific board members when he says a player isn't bigger than Man U? (on the rare occasion a player has decided to step out of line)

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Andy P ‏@andypeters10
BREAKING: Terry Burton leaves Arsenal post to become Manchester City's reserve team coach
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite:ohlawd:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
good shyt on technology that determines whether the ball crossed the line...now they really need to introduce video replays tho...