Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@penfield's comment :russ:

but yeah, greek life is ok. I wouldnt want to joint a fraternity that is openly being racist against me, but whatever.

The system of universities in America has become utterly depressing. If I have money, I wouldnt even let my kids goto college here.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
networking, ultimately. in the short term, it's a club people join to do community service and/or be part of a gang.

preach brother
178633282.gif

tell em bout how campuses are increasingly just academic plantations for so-called adjunct professors

one of my goals is to figure out a way for my kid to get a bachelor's degree + valuable life experience in the same breath 20something years from now. i'm surely not just sending him/her to a 4 year school for a degree and making a plan from there.

Yeah, that's also terrible university story.

Adjuncts, people getting more advanced degrees chasing mythical tenure jobs and decent paying wages. It's criminal.

Makes you wonder what the point of it all is really :ld:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
networking, ultimately. in the short term, it's a club people join to do community service and/or be part of a gang.[...]
Ok. So those girls wanting to be "in" had a "legitimate" basis to their claims then ?
Being excluded from sororities seem to be a huge draw-back business-wise if I understand right. They may not be wanted but still seems like it's an advantage they are theoritically deprived of. Ain't it ? :ld:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Ok. So those girls wanting to be "in" had a "legitimate" basis to their claims then ?
Being excluded from sororities seem to be a huge draw-back business-wise if I understand right. They may not be wanted but still seems like it's an advantage they are theoritically deprived of. Ain't it ? :ld:
less than 10% of college students are in Greek Life.

it wasnt a big drawback at all.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think i'm going crazy, but can someone please tell which game Wilshere has looked good in, because from reading every Arsenal forum, he's pure World Class.

As much as i'm enjoying this team and their spirit(cause the football still sucks), and this midfield is still suspect as fukk. But Arsenal lucky that they play in the PL, and at the moment, not too many teams can take advantage of Arsenal's flaws. But I fear for them in the CL, cause they will be punish by a team that can create and score. Cause Arsenal's midfield goes through long spells in game, were they can't keep the ball. I mean for reals, N'zonzi was the best player out there on Sunday, particularly in the 2nd half.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I think i'm going crazy, but can someone please tell which game Wilshere has looked good in, because from reading every Arsenal forum, he's pure World Class.

As much as i'm enjoying this team and their spirit(cause the football still sucks), and this midfield is still suspect as fukk. But Arsenal lucky that they play in the PL, and at the moment, not too many teams can take advantage of Arsenal's flaws. But I fear for them in the CL, cause they will be punish by a team that can create and score. Cause Arsenal's midfield goes through long spells in game, were they can't keep the ball. I mean for reals, N'zonzi was the best player out there on Sunday, particularly in the 2nd half.
Arsenal fans have convinced themselves Wilshere is already amazing to the point that they are defending his shoddy play based on his injury layoff. These are the same fans who gave Ramsey shyt after his injury lay off.

All of these Premiership teams are crap, imo. Dont agree with N'zonzi being great, but there was a big ass whole in front of the centerbacks on Sunday in the 2nd half.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
N'zonzi in the second half was goooood, watch that game over if you get a chance, his passing was simple, decisive, and excellent, his teammates just couldn't take advantage. Some balls he played to wing, were nice, and he's positioning was good. And didn't know he had that in him, I was thoroughly impressed by his play in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
How many times do we have to hear, Sunderland are a big club when they need a new manager? :heh:

The football isn't that bad, the Spurs and Sunderland matches had flashes of brilliant play.

You're right about the midfield. In every match this season they shut off for 5-10 minutes. Against Stoke and Sunderland it felt like they feel they could turn it up or down when they feel like.

Wilshere is living off that Barca tie like United and that balmy night in Barcelona. Vermaelen and Jack have followings that exceed their game and contribution. Jack is a bit like Iniesta imo, his real worth is playing alongside other creators as a facilitator. He does well to attract defenders and find spaces.

when comparing those two, it does.

Jelavic is shyt.

Ya man DarrenArsenal1 was pissed when Wenger didn't buy him at 5m when he first moved. Dithering Arsene he said.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many times do we have to hear, Sunderland are a big club when they need a new manager? :heh:

The football isn't that bad, the Spurs and Sunderland matches had flashes of brilliant play.

You're right about the midfield. In every match this season they shut off for 5-10 minutes. Against Stoke and Sunderland it felt like they feel they could turn it up or down when they feel like.

Wilshere is living off that Barca tie like United and that balmy night in Barcelona. Vermaelen and Jack have followings that exceed their game and contribution. Jack is a bit like Iniesta imo, his real worth is playing alongside other creators as a facilitator. He does well to attract defenders and find spaces.

Ya man DarrenArsenal1 was pissed when Wenger didn't buy him at 5m when he first moved. Dithering Arsene he said.

The football isn't bad bad, but it's not very good either. It's not fluid, it's not sharp, it's kinda messy, and very choppy.

And another factor contributing to that, are the fullbacks. I like Sagna, and Gibbs, but the team needs better from that position going forward. You have to have at least one fullback who is competent in the attacking front.