Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Oh well, that Sunderland's loss...Serie C will welcome Paolo with open arms :blessed:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
original.jpg

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:blessed:

yesterday was a great day.. (Roma / Bengals)

I was watching a bit of hard knocks a few weeks ago.

I like how the bengals practice under a bridge.

That's when you know your state/city ain't shyt, when your pro teams are practicing under bridges

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
On another note, took my talents over to cif on the guardian and posted a classic coli style rant about cacs being cacs on the story about the Alabama sororities letting in those black women.

I was called an unfortunate mixture of racism, intolerance and entitlement :sadbron:

I hate to say it brehs but there is a level headed world outside the coli :wow:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps

On another note, took my talents over to cif on the guardian and posted a classic coli style rant about cacs being cacs on the story about the Alabama sororities letting in those black women.

I was called an unfortunate mixture of racism, intolerance and entitlement :sadbron:

I hate to say it brehs but there is a level headed world outside the coli :wow:
Link ?
We ride or die for our OFT brehs :birdman:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Here's that Guardian article. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/21/unversity-alabama-race-sororities-segregation

Tried the brushing off of white people with a tinge of c00nism mixed in. I've noticed white people get all offended when you don't want to associate with them "Puh??!? I'm trying to accept you! Accept me baaccckk!! :bryan:"

guardian mods are weird though. Didn't censor my comment but censored a dude who replied to me who simply called me a racist. Twice to boot :what:

It's tough to wum over there, mainly because it's a website catered directly towards my tastes and opinions so you get a bunch of like minded ppl.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Here's that Guardian article. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/21/unversity-alabama-race-sororities-segregation

Tried the brushing off of white people with a tinge of c00nism mixed in. I've noticed white people get all offended when you don't want to associate with them "Puh??!? I'm trying to accept you! Accept me baaccckk!! :bryan:"

guardian mods are weird though. Didn't censor my comment but censored a dude who replied to me who simply called me a racist. Twice to boot :what:

It's tough to wum over there, mainly because it's a website catered directly towards my tastes and opinions so you get a bunch of like minded ppl.
What's the point of sororities (lesbian flicks excepted) ?

concise

Veteran
Daps

:bryan: :heh: at that comment. :laugh:
Only thing that would have made it better would have been a Sotomayor-type comment about "hair hats".

Last edited:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

Depends on the school.

Where I went to school the sororities weren't allowed to throw parties, so they had these really nice houses where they would throw a bunch of elaborate fundraising events for different causes and do volunteer work around the city. Oh, and every sorority also had test banks, study groups, so if you got a bad grade in a class and you were in a sorority safe to say you were a moron. For a princely sum (living in a sorority/fraternity ain't cheap, you still pay rent, social fees etc.) you could get friends, a very good network because most of the girls were well off/ well connected, resume builders, live in a nice house in a prime location, good grades and be the cock of the walk because they only chose the best looking girls with backgrounds and personalities the older sisters approved of.

Frats were another story. Pretty much existed to throw parties and that's how they lure most of their recruits to rush them. Their houses were nice on the outside but complete dumps on the inside, just utter shytholes. And that I think sums up the picture of frat life at my school in general, they always front like they are doing a lot for the community, volunteer work etc. upstanding gentlemen on the outside, but behind closed doors spoiled, throwing grimy ass parties, deliberately getting girls too drunk, being smug a$$holes.

I think a common refrain from that story that I heard the most was that the Greek system is outdated, relics from generations ago and have no place at institutions of higher education. I don't really tend to agree from my own point of view, my school was large enough where you could avoid them and do your own thing. At a smaller school I could see them being a problem perhaps.

Plus so much is rotten about the American university system anyway that the Greek life is decidedly low priority. I'd rather people talk about universities acting like predatory profit-maximizing entities luring un-savvy 17 year olds into nondischargeable debt. I'd rather people talk about the textbook industry and how textbooks prices have skyrocketed enormously over the past three decades, or the standardized testing industry, the test prep industry, the enrollment management industry. There's so much wrong with American univiersities that's it's hard to get upset about the greek system and whatever they're doing. It's a glorified 3 year network and resume builder retreat. That's all.

Rant over.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
networking, ultimately. in the short term, it's a club people join to do community service and/or be part of a gang.
Plus so much is rotten about the American university system anyway that the Greek life is decidedly low priority. I'd rather people talk about universities acting like predatory profit-maximizing entities luring un-savvy 17 year olds into nondischargeable debt. I'd rather people talk about the textbook industry and how textbooks prices have skyrocketed enormously over the past three decades, or the standardized testing industry, the test prep industry, the enrollment management industry. There's so much wrong with American univiersities that's it's hard to get upset about the greek system and whatever they're doing. It's a glorified 3 year network and resume builder retreat. That's all.

Rant over.
preach brother
178633282.gif

tell em bout how campuses are increasingly just academic plantations for so-called adjunct professors

one of my goals is to figure out a way for my kid to get a bachelor's degree + valuable life experience in the same breath 20something years from now. i'm surely not just sending him/her to a 4 year school for a degree and making a plan from there.