Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Now why did Wenger start buying younger players? (well he did before, now he is buying mediocre older players now)

Football economics changed and Arsenal cannot and will not compete.

I told you the world got smaller. Of course he always bought younger players. But from 96-05 most of his buys were the type that i mentioned that help build them that money maker they have now and yeah trophies.

Its obvious he caught himself out last summer by over and out thinkin himself but all managers do that at some point. But Arteta is a good player and u lot nearly shyt the bed without him towards the end of the seaason.

You only United and Chelsea to compete with for atleast 4/5 years before Citeh came on the scene, stop makin excuses for those years.

TheArsenal

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
England
Last season did not have a great start either and there wasn't much protest.

Of course he is right, Antonio Cassano was a great leader in the final. :aicmon:

Yeah because the deadline day deals calmed everyone down, if we didnt lose 8-2 at Old Trafford (worst 100 pound I ever spent) and didnt make the signings it would have been very different (if if if)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Weve always been one of the best teams in England before wenger and after, he's done some great things and is an arsensl legend (in spite of the last 5 years), but the club didn't begin with him and it won't end with him.

I don't know how I feel wit this van persie stuff tbh, I'd love to know what was said in their meetings, cos the club have actually gone out and bought players, what was robin expecting?

I'd take 20 mill for him though, as long as its spent on 1 or 2 (at most) players, but who knows...,

Yeah u was a big club, but u was becomin a cup team. Favourites for the league every season but did fukk all season in and season out apart from the cup comps from that 90/91 title season till Wenger took over. If Wenger didnt push for the stadium you lot would be Spurs/Chelsea complainin about hoe u need to expand to get more money. Them old Eton types were more than happy to stay with the Marble Halls.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Chelsea was the citey back then though and still are a financial powerhouse, shyt club, but they got dough for the minute.

When mourinho came that's when wenger was doing his "play all kids" thing.

We stopped buying buying decent in my mind as soon as we switched grounds, it was supposed to be the start of something great (hopefully one day or will pay off), but it's been anything but great, football wise.

I assume it's great for the board though.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think ivan gazidis and the board are poison.

How are you going to plead poor when you have consistently record turnovers. They don't invest jackshyt back into the club footballing wise.

I'm just a bit confused about the Van Persie thing. Its his right to move on if he doesn't feel like the club is going to achieve what he wants but we did stick by him when he was getting constantly fukked over with injuries. He's been with us since '04 and last season was the only proper season he's given us. Either way he can fukk off because ultimately, noone should be bigger than the club and dictating its movements. Once you start telling the manager and board how the club should be run its time to jog on son

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You only United and Chelsea to compete with for atleast 4/5 years before Citeh came on the scene, stop makin excuses for those years.
We were never competing with Chelsea financially, they changed the market. Essien would have signed for 10-15 million and decent salary before Chelsea came into the frame. Same with Drogba. Chelsea were signing players Arsenal were scouting for a few years and blowing Arsenal out the water in terms of salaries and transfer fees. If Roman existed in 1996, Patrick Vieira would have signed for Chelsea. Sol would have signed a bigger deal with Chelsea in 2001 also, and so on.

In saying that, I don't make any excuses for the club's spectacular bottlings late in seasons when they were a potential title team.

How are you going to plead poor when you have consistently record turnovers. They don't invest jackshyt back into the club footballing wise.
I'm not going to defend Gazidis and the board but United brought in over £100 million more in revenues thn Arsenal last year and even they can't fukk with Chelsea and City (and Barca and Madrid) financially.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Itd be nice to at least be linked with some major players though, signing bergkamp back in the day sent a message to other clubs that we were on the come up after the boring, boring graham years.

People forget that graham built a league winning team, then sold them off, bought Ian wright and made us into a hard to beat cup team (I'm not complaining, cos I was at the cup finals, linighan in the last minute :yes:), but we weren't gonna advance with graham in the 90's.

Bergkamp was damaged goods tbh, great player but he didnt fly after 94 world cup and was seen as a failure because he failed inthe best league in the world at the time, the true proving ground of a player. Plus after Spurs got Jurgen and the rest of them the board decided to pull their finger out a year later. Before then they were happy to buy Glenn Helders of the world.

But being a cup team wasnt gettin u in the CL and u were fallin behind the likes of Newcastle and Blackburn.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyway, Walcott up front with the new two, wilshere and frimpong come back from injury fighting fit, chamberlain starting every game, arteta back, defence nice and fit with ches with another years experience.

As long as noone gets injured for the whole season, 4th is ours for the taking.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
also we can't make excuses for players that wenger could've brought and bottled it. Remember Mata was begging us to sign him until Chelsea came swooping in

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bergkamp was damaged goods tbh, great player but he didnt fly after 94 world cup and was seen as a failure because he failed inthe best league in the world at the time, the true proving ground of a player. Plus after Spurs got Jurgen and the rest of them the board decided to pull their finger out a year later. Before then they were happy to buy Glenn Helders of the world.

But being a cup team wasnt gettin u in the CL and u were fallin behind the likes of Newcastle and Blackburn.

Never talk bad about Dennis. :no:

Nah, you're right, it was the greatest gamble of all times, bought by Rioch no less, bergkamp and platt if I remember correctly.

Then we got Henry under the same sort of cloud, good times.

Now we got chamakh :sad:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We were never competing with Chelsea financially, they changed the market. Essien would have signed for 10-15 million and decent salary before Chelsea came into the frame. Same with Drogba. Chelsea were signing players Arsenal were scouting for a few years and blowing Arsenal out the water in terms of salaries and transfer fees. If Roman existed in 1996, Patrick Vieira would have signed for Chelsea. Sol would have signed a bigger deal with Chelsea in 2001 also, and so on.

In saying that, I don't make any excuses for the club's spectacular bottlings late in seasons when they were a potential title team.

I'm not going to defend Gazidis and the board but United brought in over £100 million more in revenues thn Arsenal last year and even they can't fukk with Chelsea and City (and Barca and Madrid) financially.

But hey atleast Wenger would of sold Essien for profit after the knees went. And the one player Arsenal did beat Chelsea too turned out to be like Essien anyway injury prone

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I'm just a bit confused about the Van Persie thing. Its his right to move on if he doesn't feel like the club is going to achieve what he wants but we did stick by him when he was getting constantly fukked over with injuries. He's been with us since '04 and last season was the only proper season he's given us. Either way he can fukk off because ultimately, noone should be bigger than the club and dictating its movements. Once you start telling the manager and board how the club should be run its time to jog on son

Exactly, these 00's Dutch like to run their mouths but thats it dont do shyt to back it up. Show us your medals c*nts.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DiCanio not even being subtle with the cism anymore :heh:

Why shouldn't the Uzbek be supported in his takeover bid btw?