Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats all good if you wanna tread water and come 4th every year but it isnt good enough, paying a grand a year for a season ticket for a club that aint even trying to win the league is a con and we getting fleeced here by people who run Arsenal as a business fist and a football club second :to:

That's our title :takedat:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last season did not have a great start either and there wasn't much protest.

Of course he is right, Antonio Cassano was a great leader in the final. :aicmon:

?

People was fighting In The ground, they was meant to be a black bag protest with the paid for corporate seats, arsenal fans singing "you dont know what you're doing....".to wringer.

I think the whole finishing in front of spurs Papered over the cracks of a shyt season in some fans eyes.

Tbh though, wringer can do what he wants for the most part, he won't be sacked.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
?

People was fighting In The ground, they was meant to be a black bag protest with the paid for corporate seats, arsenal fans singing "you dont know what you're doing....".to wringer.

I think the whole finishing in front of spurs Papered over the cracks of a shyt season in some fans eyes.

Course they will never sack him, nobody else worth their salt would put up with the 3rd world conditions and constraints

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
?

The black bag thing happened in February.

Idk, im not sure many can stomach it and I don't blame them.

Idk what Arsenal's goal is but it was clear to me a few years ago that it wasn't about winning things

And Wenger is a part of the problem, but he isn't anywhere near the significant piece of this.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Course they will never sack him, nobody else worth their salt would put up with the 3rd world conditions and constraints

He manages the team like he's getting a cut of the profits.

Arsenal is the most expensive club to watch in Britain (I'd assume the world if that's true), yet can't afford to buy any major players, fukking ridiculous.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The black bag thing happened in February.

Idk, im not sure many can stomach it and I don't blame them.

Idk what Arsenal's goal is but it was clear to me a few years ago that it wasn't about winning things

And Wenger is a part of the problem, but he isn't anywhere near the significant piece of this.

I always thought it was the board to be honest, but someone needs to explain why we are never in for major players (excluding this year....), cos it's so frustrating to watch as a fan, but we've been saying this since we moved ground.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He manages the team like he's getting a cut of the profits.

Arsenal is the most expensive club to watch in Britain (I'd assume the world if that's true), yet can't afford to buy any major players, fukking ridiculous.

Well he does deserve that cut, afterall if it werent for him, youll still be at highbury talkin about the Graham and famous back 5 days.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I always thought it was the board to be honest, but someone needs to explain why we are never in for major players (excluding this year....), cos it's so frustrating to watch as a fan, but we've been saying this since we moved ground.

Buyin World class players is overrated.

Wengers problem is that he went from buyin talented players 20-24 who were on the verge of being very good to world class to buyin kids 16-18 who show potential. Plus the world gotten smaller and the UK work permit laws

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Wengers problem is that he went from buyin talented players 20-24 who were on the verge of being very good to world class to buyin kids 16-18 who show potential. Plus the world gotten smaller and the UK work permit laws
Now why did Wenger start buying younger players? (well he did before, now he is buying mediocre older players now)

Football economics changed and Arsenal cannot and will not compete.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well he does deserve that cut, afterall if it werent for him, youll still be at highbury talkin about the Graham and famous back 5 days.

Weve always been one of the best teams in England before wenger and after, he's done some great things and is an arsensl legend (in spite of the last 5 years), but the club didn't begin with him and it won't end with him.

I don't know how I feel wit this van persie stuff tbh, I'd love to know what was said in their meetings, cos the club have actually gone out and bought players, what was robin expecting?

I'd take 20 mill for him though, as long as its spent on 1 or 2 (at most) players, but who knows...,

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've pretty much given up any hope of Arsenal ever winning anything, did a couple of seasons ago. My seeing the light moment, was when Ade was sold, and not replaced, instead they just assumed it was Niklas time.

We are Valencia, Roma, and Sevilla now, nice teams and all, won't win a thing, and we are just developing players for City, Barca, and Madrid.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Itd be nice to at least be linked with some major players though, signing bergkamp back in the day sent a message to other clubs that we were on the come up after the boring, boring graham years.

People forget that graham built a league winning team, then sold them off, bought Ian wright and made us into a hard to beat cup team (I'm not complaining, cos I was at the cup finals, linighan in the last minute :yes:), but we weren't gonna advance with graham in the 90's.