Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
could've been

CR 14
USA 13
MEX 11
PAN 10
HON 7
JAM 2

instead it's

CR 14
USA 13
HON 10
MEX 8
PAN 7
JAM 3

what a difference two upsets make :whew:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
carlos_vela2_1396005c.jpg
yeah, I can see him coming in for the October matches and getting them through

setting up his return to Arsenal next summer :blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
so sad for Peru :sad:

South America basically done as well

looks like ARG/COL/CHI in, and ECU/URU for 4th and 5th

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gooch put them paws on Zlatan and won. :wow:

Sounds like a must-read. :yes:

Jose Mourinho is a big star. That guy says whatever he wants. I like him. He’s the leader of his army. But he cares, too. He would text me all the time at Inter, wondering how I was doing. He’s the exact opposite of Pep Guardiola.If Mourinho lights up a room, Guardiola draws the curtains.

:wow:

‘Listen,’ Guardiola said. ‘We don’t turn up to training sessions in Ferraris or Porsches.’ I nodded, didn’t go off on one and say things like: ‘What the hell business is it of yours what cars I drive?’ At the same time, though, I was thinking: ‘What kind of message is he sending here?’

I do love cars. They’re my passion, and I could sense something else behind what he was saying. It was like: ‘Don’t think you’re anybody special!’

Everyone did as they were told. I didn’t fit in, not at all. I thought, just enjoy the opportunity, don’t confirm their prejudices. So I started to adapt and blend in. I became way too nice. It was mental.

I said what I thought people wanted me to say. It was completely messed up. I drove the club’s Audi and stood there and nodded my head. I hardly even yelled at my team-mates any more. I was boring. Zlatan was no longer Zlatan.

When I realised I would be on the bench for a game against Almeria, I remembered that line: ‘Here in Barcelona we don’t turn up to training sessions in Porsches or Ferraris.’ What kind of nonsense was that, anyway? I’ll take whatever car I want, at least if I can wind up idiots. I jumped in my Enzo [Ferrari], put my foot down on the gas and parked up right in front of the door to the training facility.

I’d decided to start to fight my corner, and you should know that that’s a game I know how to play. I’d been a fighter before, believe me. I couldn’t neglect my preparations, though, and so I talked it over with my agent. We always plan our tricks together, both the smart ones and the dirty ones. And I rang round my mates.

I wanted to see things from different perspectives and, my God, I got every kind of advice.

The Rosengard lads (from my home town) wanted to come down and smash the place up, and of course that was nice of them, but it didn’t really seem like the right strategy under the circumstances.

Rosengard goons :bow: