Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got done reading this article: http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/can-the-white-girl-twerk/

Besides the article being pseudo-intellectual babble, boring and masking basic ass observations in florid language, I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sorta sick of people writing about black people who aren't black themselves. It actually really irks me.

It's usually always some right wing nutjob or a young liberal who isn't racist, hangs out with their rainbow-colored group of friends, likes 'art' and 'cool' things on the internet. That's fine and all, just don't go out and write a fukking essay about it.

The number of black people who write on a top level, coming out with thought provoking essays with novel viewpoints has to be fukking tiny. I can think of a few on other sites like buzzfeed, gawker, jezebel but all those sites suck. They have the token black dude on The Guardian whose every article is on race. That's all I can think of. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots :patrice:

This guys pretty good: http://www.theatlantic.com/ta-nehisi-coates/

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Zambia-Ghana is the most heated WCQ since Egypt-Algeria. Zambia first weren't allowed to land in Kumasi( venue of the game). When they finally arrived the next day the Ghanains said they arrived too late for training and shut off the floodlights on the pitch:
:dead:

KPB was just ruled out of the match as well, picked up an injury in training.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Just got done reading this article: http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/can-the-white-girl-twerk/

Besides the article being pseudo-intellectual babble, boring and masking basic ass observations in florid language, I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sorta sick of people writing about black people who aren't black themselves. It actually really irks me.

It's usually always some right wing nutjob or a young liberal who isn't racist, hangs out with their rainbow-colored group of friends, likes 'art' and 'cool' things on the internet. That's fine and all, just don't go out and write a fukking essay about it.

The number of black people who write on a top level, coming out with thought provoking essays with novel viewpoints has to be fukking tiny. I can think of a few on other sites like buzzfeed, gawker, jezebel but all those sites suck. They have the token black dude on The Guardian whose every article is on race. That's all I can think of. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots :patrice:
Sometimes you gotta do the things yourself... why don't you try to set up a blog and write ?
Your writing is good so give it a try maybe... Hell, a few OFT brehs can write so a collective blog could be interesting IMO, above all if the motivation is here.

concise

Veteran
Daps
banned

he had some weird ass threats to me and some other mods too. Talked about taking us out and all that stuff. Dude was one of the strangest people ive ever encountered on the internet. He had some mental illness. Delusional, schizophrenia, and other shyt. He had to go.

Guys like that are why I'm not too quick to call some of the outrageous things "trolling" like some do. Sometimes, the people really are what you see. It doesn't take too much sanity or intelligence to turn a computer on. There's evidence of that all over this board.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Sometimes you gotta do the things yourself... why don't you try to set up a blog and write ?
Your writing is good so give it a try maybe... Hell, a few OFT brehs can write so a collective blog could be interesting IMO, above all if the motivation is here.

I've thought about It before. I think about that quote sometimes, 'the best way to complain is to make things' one of these days perhaps :ld:

For the record I liked your idea for the arts/writing sub forum.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Guys like that are why I'm not too quick to call some of the outrageous things "trolling" like some do. Sometimes, the people really are what you see. It doesn't take too much sanity or intelligence to turn a computer on. There's evidence of that all over this board.
oh for sure. I dont think most of the posts that are dismissed as trolling are actually trolling. I really think many posters on here have some mental illness or had a development issue.

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
It's bout that time... International qualifiers. So many games today. I hope JK and the USMNT gives the Ticos that work but they may play for the draw because there are way too many people we cannot afford to lose if we wanna serve up Mexico on the 10th. To make s**t worse, we have a Mexican ref calling the match.... Complete BS....... Hopefully everybody is on their best behavior(Jermaine Jones!!!!!!!!)and nobody catches any silly cards. The QuintessentialBM's preferred XI for the match vs Costa Rica @ Estado Nacional is.......

------------Altidore----------------Johannsson----------------
------------------------Donovan-----------------------------------
--F. Johnson---------Bradley--------------Jones-------------
-Orozco-----Besler--------Brooks--------Cameron----------

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I don't know why but Jay-Z camel jokes never get old. Plenty of jokes have been run into the ground on the coli, the no nikkas meme being the one coming to mind but surprisingly the Camel hasn't really run out of steam.
i use the marvin harrison murdererer coli meme for cheap daps :yeshrug: doesnt even make me laugh anymore but it's guaranteed at least 10 if you get to it first. i sold out

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
It's bout that time... International qualifiers. So many games today. I hope JK and the USMNT gives the Ticos that work but they may play for the draw because there are way too many people we cannot afford to lose if we wanna serve up Mexico on the 10th. To make s**t worse, we have a Mexican ref calling the match.... Complete BS....... Hopefully everybody is on their best behavior(Jermaine Jones!!!!!!!!)and nobody catches any silly cards. The QuintessentialBM's preferred XI for the match vs Costa Rica @ Estado Nacional is.......

------------Altidore----------------Johannsson----------------
------------------------Donovan-----------------------------------
--F. Johnson---------Bradley--------------Jones-------------
-Orozco-----Besler--------Brooks--------Cameron----------
leaving dempsey out ? :leon:

they did the whole noise in the middle of the night thing to the lads last night, in addition to the bad practice/no balls/no lights thing. and the hired taxi drivers to slow down traffic in front of the us team bus, and some nonsense like that.

:ohlawd: have to beat them and shut them up

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
article-2413715-1BA7FAF1000005DC-746_306x423.jpg

LFC fan tattooed Kolo Touro(é) on his foot.....:ohhh:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
leaving dempsey out ? :leon:

they did the whole noise in the middle of the night thing to the lads last night, in addition to the bad practice/no balls/no lights thing. and the hired taxi drivers to slow down traffic in front of the us team bus, and some nonsense like that.

:ohlawd: have to beat them and shut them up

Yeah..... I left off Dempsey... Donovan is on fire and superior playing the 10. Dempsey has looked mediocre since returning to MLS and the team is playing better with him either not there or on the bench. You could replace Johannsson for Deuce if you had to have him in the XI.

Bruh, I think the fix is in.. Mexican ref in Costa Rica and the next match is Mexico with 9 US players on cards. It ain't worth it.. I would rather have at least Altidore, Bradley and Fabian for the Mexico game to shut them muthaf**kas up first. At the end of the day, it's about qualifying(and showing dominance over the supposed Kings of CONCACAF)...... War>Battle........ Costa Rica has taken 2 L's this year at our hands... Bigger fish to fry.

edit: Damn, that's some f**k s**t....

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise

Not surprised(as a black Barca fan... don't ask me why...)..... Only Barca would let a veteran LB that has fought and bleed(bled... past tense)for the shirt gets s**tted on and dismissed like he did. They needed defenders(Jordi Alba is a s**t back that can only attack, but he's Spanish so he gets a pass). I'm still hot about that. I hope Messi scores a lot because they won't win La Liga unless they score 3-4 goals a game..... Barca almost blew a 3 goal cushion against Valencia after Messi scored a first half hat-trick.... Unacceptable.