Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
@Bertie Smalls already won it.

The other posters were so bad that the guy who just posts miscellaneous soccer related pictures and the keyboard equivalent of guttural noises and grunts won it.

Yes I went over everyone's head to make this decision.

deal%20with%20it%20dog%20giant.gif
:dwillhuh:

thern?

concise

Veteran
Daps
Bertie Smalls? The dude who posts all the soccer photoshops, funny pics, random pics. His post history would resemble a tumblr account if you'd search.

I've seen thern post like...I ain't seen Thern all year now that I think of it :ehh:
@Bertie Smalls ? Seen the name, don't remember anything from him.

concise

Veteran
Daps
@mastermind

What ever happened to tge breh who used to go by "VaHotBoyz"? The way that guy went out. :laugh:

The NFL's #1 fan reminded me of that guy just now.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind

What ever happened to tge breh who used to go by "VaHotBoyz"? The way that guy went out. :laugh:

The NFL's #1 fan reminded me of that guy just now.
banned

he had some weird ass threats to me and some other mods too. Talked about taking us out and all that stuff. Dude was one of the strangest people ive ever encountered on the internet. He had some mental illness. Delusional, schizophrenia, and other shyt. He had to go.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why but Jay-Z camel jokes never get old. Plenty of jokes have been run into the ground on the coli, the no nikkas meme being the one coming to mind but surprisingly the Camel hasn't really run out of steam.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Just got done reading this article: http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/can-the-white-girl-twerk/

Besides the article being pseudo-intellectual babble, boring and masking basic ass observations in florid language, I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sorta sick of people writing about black people who aren't black themselves. It actually really irks me.

It's usually always some right wing nutjob or a young liberal who isn't racist, hangs out with their rainbow-colored group of friends, likes 'art' and 'cool' things on the internet. That's fine and all, just don't go out and write a fukking essay about it.

The number of black people who write on a top level, coming out with thought provoking essays with novel viewpoints has to be fukking tiny. I can think of a few on other sites like buzzfeed, gawker, jezebel but all those sites suck. They have the token black dude on The Guardian whose every article is on race. That's all I can think of. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots :patrice:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
the NYT has taken post a few articles as well on this, getting blasted in the comments, I think no one actually wants to do this type of commentary except "regular people" are all into it and you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

I do agree about how there's this "voice" out there and they do all seem to be right-wing with a slick agenda or "enlightened" young liberal but as far as I'm concerned it's all the same to me, it's all turned into someone paid to blog.

Hating the proliferation of these types of commentary sites, even worse when you think someone is decent and they end up spamming that nonsense on facebook or what have you, thinking some third-rate "deep" commentary is an extension of themselves.

What ever happened to liking and reading the New Yorker, is it too inaccessible, haughty, and expensive? Think I found the counter anti-wave :takedat:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I stay away from anything that contains anyone's opinion, except for fukkery on the Coli... and sports. No one is holier-than-thou talking about sports, everyone expects a nice argument.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
can't believe Marlon King is gonna be wearing Jamaica colours again...

I'd rather lose than have that psycho play for us again...We'll still lose anyway.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just got done reading this article: http://thenewinquiry.com/essays/can-the-white-girl-twerk/

Besides the article being pseudo-intellectual babble, boring and masking basic ass observations in florid language, I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sorta sick of people writing about black people who aren't black themselves. It actually really irks me.

It's usually always some right wing nutjob or a young liberal who isn't racist, hangs out with their rainbow-colored group of friends, likes 'art' and 'cool' things on the internet. That's fine and all, just don't go out and write a fukking essay about it.

The number of black people who write on a top level, coming out with thought provoking essays with novel viewpoints has to be fukking tiny. I can think of a few on other sites like buzzfeed, gawker, jezebel but all those sites suck. They have the token black dude on The Guardian whose every article is on race. That's all I can think of. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spots :patrice:
Black culture is National Geographic to white many Americans.

You either have the right wingers who try and poke and prod, or the "enlightened" liberals who think they are down because they wear "native" paint like those white dudes do in those "discovery" shows.