Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
They have a story up on ESPN about their strategy for making a return on Bale's fee and it makes more of a marketing case than a football one. They are talking about shifting their focus from East Asia /Latin America by selling Kaka to the "Anglo-Saxon" market by acquiring Bale. Any other club that bought a player for some 60million euros or whatever they spent and let him go on a free would have been ridiculed but Real under Perez uses strategies most clubs wouldn't think of tbf.

This was beyond obvious to me. :yeshrug: They get a good English-speaking player to market and they don't ever have to worry about him playing in summer tournaments, so he should, in theory, always be fresh when they need him.

• Dap
Reactions: EQ.

turek44

The Gunner
Daps
Reppin
Jelenia Góra, Poland
Tottenham fans on FB Are the worse, they actually acted like losing Gareth bale was like winning a trophy, plus they giving out legend statuses like nothing.

Arsenal fans didnt pretend can persie and fabregas were arsenal legends when the left, it's mind boggling.

Welcome oZil :blessed:

We've still got out problems, but anyone can see this is a step in the right direction.

1st step. Wenger finally spent money
ed57b344b62d04200a18f18b0ab3389d_large

is time for the next, but now

Welcome Özil on Emirates :blessed:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The 03-07 Milan were one of the best teams to watch in Europe and Kaka at his peak with Pirlo, Seerdof and Gattuso :ohhh: Great for some fukkery too with the Deportivo and Milan games. Berlusconi and Galliani seem to be open to bringing their former stars after selling them just at the right time.

And to think if Redondo's knees never gave out :damn: Carlo seriously underachieved with that squad. 1 Serie Title and 2 CL's in 8 seasons :sadbron: but Silvio only cares about the CL

Kaka comin back for 3 reasons in order, a) Don Silvio vanity signin b) Commerical reasons shirt and ticket sales c) A AM/creative player was needed, till Honda comes in Jan and Kaka was the cheapest option i.e FREE. But even with him with half a body in the knackers yard, he still has more quality than anyone else in the squad barrin Mario. So I'm glad to see him back

Last edited:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

legendary moment

along with curse of caricola and vermes injury shooutout winner - top 3 club moments

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps

fukk that article and fukk Vice. Vice is an utter fukking joke.

I'm tired of those cliche, spoon-fed patronizing, bullshyt articles about football and the rabid hackneyed fans and tropes that come with it.

It's 2013 and the Internet exists and NBC sports is widely available. If you're not on by now then fukk off.

shyt read like a slightly humorous, and British Grant Wahl.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
have to disagree, found it very entertaining and a good look into the british football mentality (no seriousness, all drama)

the style was great, it was no grant wahl, it was better

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Everton :ohhh: i can see lukaku making that permament switch to ball with martinez, he'll def be first choice and would thrive with that type of confidence.