Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
The European Compeition back in the day wasnt the farce as it is today, where its jsut one competition people give a fukk about and then if a team can manage to struggle thru to the last 8 of EL then they take it serious. But the way you put it, Arsenal were some super struggle club before Wenger got there. Which was totally wrong thing for an Arsenal fan to say. Considering Grahams & Wenger trophey record is similar. Wenger has 7 Graham has 6. Wenger has the unbeaten season Graham has a 1 lost season and the only other club to match that record in the last 30 years is Chelsea 1 lost season.

The reality is how many True Giants of European Footbal are there 8-10? tbh the term gets thrown around way too easily like the big club term does. The media would have you believe there are about 25-30 Big Clubs in England, its got the game fukked up.

Oh nah, wasn't meant that way, Arsenal weren't Chelsea status but they weren't a European Super club either which some (not here) would have you believe.

A lot of the complaints today stem from the lack of spending and transparency but Arsenal have almost always been that way. That's why I get confused from when I see the cries to go back to the old days. Just think a few heads are rewriting history.

Real
Barca
United
Juve
Liverpool
Bayern
Milan

----------------------------

The main reason I'm not going ape shyt over this embarrassing summer is overall we are good shape if we hire the right people.That's why I kinda disagreed with @frush11 with not blaming the board . Football people or not their role is to run the club, they can't let any manager acquire that amount of power and paralyze the club like this. Cult of Wenger led us to two shocking summers. I have hope Gazidis mans up when Wenger leaves. :sadcam:

Quite fitting we got Group F :dead:

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Now its nearly a proper Mourinho team

And finally, you're the latest in a long line of high-profile African players at Chelsea. How much would you like to emulate the achievements of those who have gone before you?

Eto'o: I know all of them. It's a great honour first of all to know African players have represented the continent so well here, and thanks to their good work previously and now, it is perhaps a reason why Jose thought he could bring me here and have similar success.

:steviej:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was thinking about I've never heard Eto'o speak English. :dead: @ this interview from 2006:
Hello Samuel, how are you?
[Curtly] Hello.

[In a bid to thaw his frosty demeanour] Congratulations on your Champions League win last season.
[Takes out his mobile phone and begins writing a text message] Thanks.

Are you the best striker in the world?
[Still texting] I don't know. I just know that I play football and some people think I do it well.

At what age did you realise you were good enough to make a career out of it?
I always knew that.

Even when you were knee-high to an indomitable lion?
There was never any doubt.

What's the last CD you bought?
Something by Koffi Olomide.

Ah yes, the Congolese king of soukous, so do you dance the ndombolo?
[Smiles for first time] Yes, that's it!

What's your favourite TV show?
Le droit de savoir. It's a French programme featuring documentaries and investigations.

Cheese or chocolate?
[Smile fades, look of total ennui returns] Whatever.

That's just a loveably offbeat way of establishing what you like to eat ...
Arroz a la Cubana. Rice, tomato sauce, fried eggs and fried bananas.

And your favourite poison?
Water.

If Small Talk were to go to Cameroon on holiday, what's the one thing it should see or do?
Go to the North. It's very beautiful and has a great atmosphere.

What would you put into Room 101?
Diseases. All of them.

Who'd win a fight between a lion and a tiger?
[Looks at Small Talk with a mixture of pity and contempt]

Maybe you could make some wisecrack about lions being indomitable?
I don't think so.

Who's your best friend in football?
Geremi Njitap.

A Chelsea player! So is all this talk of a bitter rivalry between the two clubs unfounded?
I don't know.

You don't take greater pleasure sticking one over Jose Mourinho and Didier Drogba than other people?
I don't know.

You're not really enjoying this chat, are you?
[Wearily] Any more questions?

It's traditional to finish by asking the interviewee to tell a joke ... but there's probably not much point on this occasion, is there?
No.

Bye Samuel, it's been wonderful.
[Relieved] Bye.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2006/oct/13/smalltalk.sportinterviews?CMP=twt_gu

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
CL league draw is boring as fukk. like some old men thought it'd be cool for people to watch people struggle to crack them balls.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tumblr_lvog96VqBx1qewc1xo1_500.jpg