Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Atletico Madrid will have more than 1 player sent off by the end of this game...:ohhh:

AlphaOne

OFT XI E Squad
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Icey / XO
Have yet to watch the Spanish dive team this season, but seeing Messi taking criticism is:banderas:.

It was all good just a year ago.:blessed:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
One of the most feared clubs in English football who were going through a rough period. Rioch did bring in some good players, just couldn't manage that well.

Arsenal were top 3 club in England but they were a roller coaster as well. Mess in the 60s and 71-89 were rocky. Graham righted the ship then got caught up in his mess. Hardly any European success. They weren't big spenders outside the Chapman years, and the football wasn't the prettiest.

Wenger's years have been the longest sustained consistent success in Arsenal's history.

Arsenal have always been Eton, tight, and secretive. Wenger lost me this summer but I can't go in like I would others because of the foundation he has built. I blame the board more for letting one person get so much power.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal have always been Eton, tight, and secretive. Wenger lost me this summer but I can't go in like I would others because of the foundation he has built. I blame the board more for letting one person get so much power.

I don't blame the board, cause in all reality, they are not football people, and i'm certain they couldn't give a damn about football.

Wenger and his crew are the football people, and they have dropped the ball for the past 4/5 years.

On another note, can we sign Vela back.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal were top 3 club in England but they were a roller coaster as well. Mess in the 60s and 71-89 were rocky. Graham righted the ship then got caught up in his mess. Hardly any European success. They weren't big spenders outside the Chapman years, and the football wasn't the prettiest.

The lack of Euro success is a bit misleading, when Arsenal were winning the League, there was no Euro Cups, and when they finally won it in 89, couldn't compete in Euro comps(Thanks Liverpool), and in 91, English clubs were still trying to recover from their banishment(Thanks Liverpool)

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Wenger's years have been the longest sustained consistent success in Arsenal's history.

:what:

12-16 months before Wenger came, they had been to b2b CWC finals

Last edited: