Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Shakhter :ahh: :ahh:

Don't think AVB will over manage. First 11 very clear, Siggy out for Willian.

If someone gets injured though, all hell will break loose.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Tottenham getting Lamela and Willian pretty much seals up the Champions League top 4. Arsenal and Liverpool can fight for that Europa League spot.

Liverpool's now after Leandro Damiao, which really doesn't do much to excite me. Doesn't fit nearly as well in our starting lineup as Willian would have. I still like what Rodgers is building at Anfield.

You need a CF, Sturridge aint goin to stay fit for the season, Suarez misses too many chances, you need a CB with Aggers injury record and relyin on a 33 y/o Kolo Toure :dead:

breh, it's done. Nothing they can do the next two weeks will erase this farce. I've defended them in years past because Arsenal really weren't as rich as it seemed but this summer, fukkery of the highest order. Board afraid of the manager, manager afraid of the transfer market. Fulham finna to get in our ass too.

Apparently Wenger told an exec he didn't really understand the cries for buys. :heh: If that isn't deluded I don't know what is. Arsenal done sapped the life from me, bout to carpentry or something. Last two years we really blew good chances to shoot for the league.

Highlight of the summer was Gazidis exposing himself.

I'll be honest, It is Spurs so they can fukk it up. On paper and off the pitch they have done extremely well.

Fulham/Arsenal got boring 0-0 draw all over it

Where are they gonna play all the attackers? Should grow some balls and sign a striker. Not impressed.

Just coz they play in all white now, they think they can go all Real Madrid by stockpilling players.

Aaron's goin to end up like John

Roma better get a real striker if Lamela is gone. I don't want to see Gilardino or Pazzini trotted out
there.

I was excited with Rudi coming in but this dude seemed like he wasn't really feeling Lamela but loved himself some Gervinho :huhldup:.

Nothing wrong with Super Pazzo, hes a goalscorer. Plus hes injured till Oct/November time with a torn acl, so he wont be fully back till 14/15 season. Roma are like Spurs tbh always know how to fukk it up for themselves.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Where are they gonna play all the attackers? Should grow some balls and sign a striker. Not impressed.
Lloris
Walker - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Coentrao
Sandro
Paulinho - Dembele
Lamela - - - - - - - - - - Willian
Soldado
Holtby, Capoue, Sigurdsson, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Chadli, Defoe

Tottenham arent fukking around

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
We need creators. We struggle for chances.

You struggle to finish aswell (the number of times it taken Arsenal till the 75-80th min to break the deadlock in games because of shytty finishin) and that team has no leaders.. But yeah you still need another 6-7 signings. 5 starters and 2 squad/utility players. But with a strong defensive spine and Arsenal pace in attackin areas you would just have to soak up pressure then hit on the counter like the 98-06 teams use to do

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Breh nothin wrong with Pazzini/Matri but you don't sell Osvaldo for 15 mill and Lamela for 30 million and end up with one of those two while trying to get into Europe.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
surprised nobody has gone in for Tom Ince. Maybe they dont want to deal with Paul :heh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Breh nothin wrong with Pazzini/Matri but you don't sell Osvaldo for 15 mill and Lamela for 30 million and end up with one of those two while trying to get into Europe.

You're overrating Osvaldo by alot. Hes a good CF, but his scoring record is shyt and Roma been tryin to flog him for the past 12-18 months. Hes been linked with Fulham, Spurs and a couple of other teams. Lamela is a strange sale but by al laccounts Lamela wants 3.5m a season but Roma think hes not worth that at the moment, because like SES he started off last season great the ntailed off with form and injuries.

Talkin about Matri, Uncle Festa might be takin him onloan for the seaosn, they better not pay fukkin 12m for him. As he played under Allegri @ Cagliari and is a former Milan youth player

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
surprised nobody has gone in for Tom Ince. Maybe they dont want to deal with Paul :heh:

Ince turned down Cardiff and who is else is goin to pay 12-15m for him and hes bit of a NW boy. Who else is goin to go in for him? Everton?, no money and they have better players, Newcastle? hes not French, Sunderland?, hes too British, Southampton? they probably have a better talent in their youth ranks anyway, Hull? cannot afford him. Fulham? He has no Spurs connection, Villa? Hes too British, WBA? Too expensive, Norwich? Got Redmond for a better price. West Ham? He would get abuse jsut because hes Paul's boy and they signed Andy Carroll, Swansea? They can get cheaper types of him elsewhere, Palace? Too expensive so that leaves Stoke? And they on a budget and cost cutting

Zaha went for the price he did, because up and till he signed for United he was the best player in the Championship then his form dipped plus it was a little bit extra because Palace wanted him to stay for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i agree with this

and i still think they need a CB. Soldado is streaky as fucc and not worth it, but he is an improvement over Ade and Defoe.

Still, that squad is better than the one Ivan the Fraud and Wumger have right now.

AtaUefG.png

Can't really argue with that record tbf.

Think their CM options are all much of a muchness. No real ball-playing/creative midfielder amongst them.

Still won't be shyt with AVB at the helm though. :mjpls:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You're overrating Osvaldo by alot. Hes a good CF, but his scoring record is shyt and Roma been tryin to flog him for the past 12-18 months. Hes been linked with Fulham, Spurs and a couple of other teams. Lamela is a strange sale but by al laccounts Lamela wants 3.5m a season but Roma think hes not worth that at the moment, because like SES he started off last season great the ntailed off with form and injuries.

Talkin about Matri, Uncle Festa might be takin him onloan for the seaosn, they better not pay fukkin 12m for him. As he played under Allegri @ Cagliari and is a former Milan youth player
I hate that c*nt Osvaldo and am glad he's gone. I'm not lamenting a fact that he's gone or that he's better than Matri/Pazzini type. I'm concerned that they are going for those types of players when they just got 45 million.

Should be going for Dzeko and others in the 20-25 mill range instead of Hernandez and Demba Ba who they're being linked with now.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
AtaUefG.png

Think their CM options are all much of a muchness. No real ball-playing/creative midfielder amongst them.

i know what his record is, break down the matches he scored goals in and ones he didnt.

He got better at the end of last season, but he would give you a bunch in 2 or 3 matches, and then cost for about 5 or 6 matches without a goal.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
AtaUefG.png

:gladbron:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I hate that c*nt Osvaldo and am glad he's gone. I'm not lamenting a fact that he's gone or that he's better than Matri/Pazzini type. I'm concerned that they are going for those types of players when they just got 45 million.

Should be going for Dzeko and others in the 20-25 mill range instead of Hernandez and Demba Ba who they're being linked with now.

As in Abel Hernandez? I read that Roma were interested but only want to offer 6m but Palermo want 10m. Is Destro really up to do it this season? And you already have your Pazzini/Matri type in Borriello :skip: