Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Regarding the Rashida Jones playing a mixed character role I figure it's tough to do so without some clunky dialogue:

"Look babe, I'm half black half white, you should acknowledge that"

"Who? That mixed race girl over there?"

It's obvious I feel.

It reminds me if a show I was watching some time back where every character was introduced with their title before they spoke:

"IM A DOCTOR FOR CHRIST SAKES"

"Why don't you ask Jim, the policeman"

BOBN

Pro
Daps
And now Artetas out for 6 weeks according to some Sky breh :pachaha:

We are in the end times of Arsenal FC as we know it.

Ian Wrights gonna be doing sundays 606 :blessed:

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's like reading the guardian Tottenham preview, AGAIN

Just sayin it how it is breh, Spurs are making signings, good signings, whilst Wenger and co are looking at how to balance the books. We're two days away from the start of the season and Arsenal haven't improved their squad in any key areas.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just sayin it how it is breh, Spurs are making signings, good signings, whilst Wenger and co are looking at how to balance the books. We're two days away from the start of the season and Arsenal haven't improved their squad in any key areas.

I've been saying for the past two seasons, that Spurs on talent are better than Arsenal, but AVB is the manager. And even at his worse, Wenger is still miles ahead of him.

And that is the essential difference.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I've been saying for the past two seasons, that Spurs on talent are better than Arsenal, but AVB is the manager. And even at his worse, Wenger is still miles ahead of him.

On talent, I don't know. :patrice:

Keepers, Bale are the only things they're beating us in. We have more depth, better defenders, and better forwards, which isn't saying much. There midfield is can't retain the ball or influence a game.

:ld: Ramadan Rambo and The Ox to lead us

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

no more rock and roll football??? :to:

past 2 seasons?? :rudy:

AVB has only been manager for 1 season..... Arry was there b4 that, dude heard England job was open and went :manny: Even then Spurs weren't better than Arsenal. Spurs played some good football but RVP that year >> Bale. And walcott quietly had a great season last year.

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

I dont rate both managers, Wenger used to be good but simply isn't anymore, dont remember the last time he changed a game through tactics, man still cant get his team to defend as a cohesive unit over a season, defense hasn't been solid since the 07/08 season :dead:, whilst AVB is a clown when he tries to be too clever with his tactics, playing a high line with snails like William "I'm past it" Gallas in defence :heh: and management, the man has has terrible man management skills knows how to lower team morale for sure, we saw that when he was at Chelsea, though to be fair there were far more players with strong personalities there. However he clearly learnt from his fukk up at Chelsea and is different now, Wenger is ahead of AVB due to his overall experience in the game. The two teams were on the same level squad wise last season, it was only a point that separated them, Spurs have now heavily strengthened their squad with good players in each area and removed the deadwood, it's all pointing towards Spurs getting that 4th place position.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
On talent, I don't know. :patrice:

Keepers, Bale are the only things they're beating us in. We have more depth, better defenders, and better forwards, which isn't saying much. There midfield is can't retain the ball or influence a game.

Paulinho :whoo: bossed every team in the confederations cup including the GOATS Spain, bossed Chelsea in the World Club Championsip final back in December, he's Ramires with a brain, box to box and good technicaly.

I agree with you about the possession comment, though Spurs will probably be a counter attacking team, but they definitely need a creative player who will break down defenses when teams just defend against them, cant always rely on Bale popping up with a wonder goal. Arsenal have more and better creative players whilst Spurs have more and better energetic defensive minded players.