Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna say something along the lines of I'd be mad as well that my borough had been reduced to hosting the VMAs, the worst awards show of them all, but then I read that MTV only offered some free tickets in compensation and that is decidedly worse and above all patronizing, giving grown people free tickets to a shifty event that has never mattered.

MTV gave no fukks.
Worst part about is that they were actually allowed by the city to shut down those streets instead of being forced to use the front entrance. :snoop:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
what makes you say that? i thought she came off alright towards the end. just :pachaha: 'd her way to the finish
im convinced her and K Michelle got drinking problems but Mimi's more apparent.

She be slurring her speech a lot and seems off balance. Very angry too. She got a lot of mental issues.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
that Kendrick verse :blessed:
Is really average :ld:

Jay Elec kinda comprehensively outdid him. He just wasn't shouting with an ANGRY VOICE calling out a bunch of rappers for a friendly competition. Kendrick as some sort of ferocious lyricist might become the biggest lie in rap. He has a nice flow, but he's a million times better doing shyt about his story than he is at freestyle type verses where he just...says stuff.

Really brehs, that was super mediocre.

I feel the same way about the "Don't Kill My Vibe" remix :patrice:

I love Kendrick as an artist, but bar for bar he isn't that special.

Probably a good thing that he didn't mention Lupe. :patrice:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

Jay Elec kinda comprehensively outdid him. He just wasn't shouting with an ANGRY VOICE calling out a bunch of rappers for a friendly competition. Kendrick as some sort of ferocious lyricist might become the biggest lie in rap. He has a nice flow, but he's a million times better doing shyt about his story than he is at freestyle type verses where he just...says stuff.

opinions are to each his own :ld:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Just gave it a listen
VSELQ.gif

Meh as fook.

Just can't get into Kendrick's music for whatever reason.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

i agree, it's nice and shiny but doesn't/won't get much replay value, just like that remix with jay. and maybe i'm nitpicking here, but i think that verse woulda been 10x hotter in his normal subdued voice :yeshrug:

overall it's a good verse, and i like that he's game for competition, but on the other hand i think i'd prefer him just saying he didn't like some rapper's music and they could go actually beef on wax instead of this #BARSSSSSS battle/lovefest that newer rappers seem to love.

kendrick doesn't sink in with one song, it's his albums together that make you appreciate him. which is frustrating in an iTunes world where you buy one song at a time, but i really like that about him, because you have to stop and pay attention to like him imo. i think for once someone really put effort into compiling an album, not just threw songs out there according to which song is a single, letting all others fall where they may.

so that's a long way to say that he should stop doing these one-offs, it's not him, at least not so far.

the very worst parts of this whole thing is what i call the jay-z effect, that people over-eager to gain internet cool points mention this verse/bdkmv remix/mchg on twitter/fb/etc because it makes them cutting edge, when in reality the cutting edge is either incredibly small or non-existent at this point

and tbh i ignored the fukk outta the jay elec verse, he's like your dopefiend cousin that is incredibly smart and could conquer the world, but after the 5th time he comes back from being MIA for 6 months you just wave off all the promises he wants to sell you

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
overall it's a good verse, and i like that he's game for competition, but on the other hand i think i'd prefer him just saying he didn't like some rapper's music and they could go actually beef on wax instead of this #BARSSSSSS battle/lovefest that newer rappers seem to love.
this times 1000

Just say a nikka wack, lol. If you competing, just keep it real, "I dont like Wale being an Emo. I think Drake sings too much," and go from there.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
I haven't heard the song yet, but I'm so tired of being cockteased by Jay Elec.

Granted, I still stand by "Exhibit C" being one of the best if not the best rap song of the past 5 years. Along with "Dear Moleskine" being one of the best if not the best snippet of the past 5 years. Jay Elec #top5deadoralivesnippetrapper :bow:

But then part of me is so bored with him, just fukk off and go leech off your millionaire heiress fukk buddy already.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
was gonna link when it happened but i dont know if anyone else saw the whole thing unravel live

but :dead: @
BRkkkCnCYAASXqr.jpg:large
on nbc sports twitter

the backlash was instant and as hilarious as you think it would be.