Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Works stressful man, who would've thought you have to have such a thick skin to drive round london :sadcam:

Yesterday I took home Richard Wilson (victor meldrew), got called a wanker on regent st, had to let a girl out quick so she could be sick all over the pavement and dropped a kid home who was walking in the rain with just socks on (bird kicked him out :heh:), done that last one for free cos he was from east London

I'm starting to think London is full of c*nts on the weekends and it ain't even Friday night yet :sad:

If money on nights wasnt better, I wouldn't go near that cab after 9pm

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
All those stories seem like great book material

Arsenal/Fener, toughest draw of the lot for me. PSV/Milan, Lyon/Sociedad good ones too

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
Not that any of you care, but Hull City just changed their name from Hull City AFC to Hull City Tigers or Hull Tigers for short.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common. I want the club to be special.

"It is about identity. 'City' is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

Egypt-born Allam, who moved to Hull in 1968 to study and has since set up a multi-million pound company in nearby Melton, took charge of the club in December 2010.

"I have always used short names in business. It gives you power in the science in marketing. The shorter, the more powerful the message. In Tigers, we have a really strong brand."

Allam's son and vice-chairman, Ehab Allam defended the decision to drop AFC from the club's name after 109 years.

"AFC is redundant, it is not used by the club. The fans never mention AFC, nor do the media," he said.
No fukks given :dead:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Works stressful man, who would've thought you have to have such a thick skin to drive round london :sadcam:

Yesterday I took home Richard Wilson (victor meldrew), got called a wanker on regent st, had to let a girl out quick so she could be sick all over the pavement and dropped a kid home who was walking in the rain with just socks on (bird kicked him out :heh:), done that last one for free cos he was from east London

I'm starting to think London is full of c*nts on the weekends and it ain't even Friday night yet :sad:

If money on nights wasnt better, I wouldn't go near that cab after 9pm

I thought thick skin came with the cab territory.

I've never stiffed a cab or gotten angry with them. Did have to be let out to throw up once, pricks charged me $70 the next day :pacspit:

But I knew I was being a dikk so just charged it to the game :manny:

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought thick skin came with the cab territory.

I've never stiffed a cab or gotten angry with them. Did have to be let out to throw up once, pricks charged me $70 the next day :pacspit:

But I knew I was being a dikk so just charged it to the game :manny:
Yeah, I think cos I'm new to working with the public, especially the seedier side of it.

There is a forty pound soil charge, but luckily she wasn't sick in the taxi, but I don't even know if she had an extra 40 quid on her at two in the morning, how did they charge you? You have a taxi account?

It's the wanker thing that really got to me tbh, I was blocking the road trying to negotiate a £120 fare tbh, I was oblivious to what was happening behind me, but I ain't been called a wanker to my face for like 15 years lol, obviously it's better to ignore it, but y'know...

Plus I don't think 3 geezers riding around regent st on Thursday night in an m3 are up to any good tbh.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
@concise

Of the various proposals, the only organized opposition has emerged around the soccer-stadium plan.

:heh: such hatred.

owners pay the 70 mil expansion fee + 30 mil private, and 85 mil comes from public funds. It's a bit much for sure, but it's a plan to renovate the entire area. (kind of like Harrison, kind of like Chester if we're being honest here :rolleyes:)