Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Taylor Twellman: " The biggest news out of this is the fact that a US soccer player in the prime of his career is coming back to the MLS and not staying in Europe(:rudy:). In 10-12-15 years(yea he said it like this :heh:)down the road , US soccer players will now point to Clint Dempsey for getting the dream move(:heh:) of playing at a big club with making big time money"

:dead:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
In a bar for some reason watching the cubs dodgers game and saw this Prince Fielder commercial (I guess this goes along with the "POST EVERYTHING" phase we're in at the moment) about Detroit and I love how ad agencies and corporations are like flying buzzards picking off the last remains of Detroit with these high powered American dream commercials.

It all started with those god awful "So God Made A Farmer" and Eminem Super Bowl Chrysler ads. It's actually sorta depressing. Detroit is going to be whiter than Concord in 10 years.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Re: Detroit though, I was reading a lot about the detroit bankruptcy and the ensuing commentary from online communities and the punditocracy, while at the same time reading Walt's stories and the whole thing really reinforced one of Walt's maxims in that people really aren't shyt.

The left and the right both recreating history, presenting canards,, shifting blame, rehashing shibboleths and being overall dikkheads, rooting for their respective sides like it was a sport. Both sides largely ignoring the fact that one of America's greatest cities in a so called first world country resembles The Road with ash and grey skies, roving packs of dogs and decrepit buildings. (Don't get me wrong, it was squarely right wing policies and greed that crippled Detroit and once white people left it was open season. Politically I'm lefter than RVP but that's neither here nor there) but politics and party divisions poisons everything, and people aren't shyt when they are faced with something as ridiculous as Detroit declaring bankruptcy.

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Re: Detroit though, I was reading a lot about detroit a bankruptcy and the ensuing commentary from online communities and the punditocracy, while at the same time reading Walt's stories and the whole thing really reinforced one of Walt's maxims in that people really aren't shyt.

The left and the right both recreating history, presenting canards,, shifting blame, rehashing shibboleths and being overall dikkheads, rooting for their respective sides like it was a sport. Both sides largely ignoring the fact that one of America's greatest cities in a so called first world country resembles The Road with ash and grey skies, roving packs of dogs and decrepit buildings. (Don't get me wrong, it was squarely right wing policies and greed that crippled Detroit and once white people left it was open season. Politically I'm lefter than RVP but that's neither here nor there) but politics and party divisions poisons everything, and people aren't shyt when they are faced with something as ridiculous as Detroit declaring bankruptcy.
they are about to develop a 650 million dollar RED WINGS stadium. About 283 million from that will be publicly funded:heh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
they are about to develop a 650 million dollar RED WINGS stadium. About 283 million from that will be publicly funded:heh:

Which is slightly absurd but not surprising in the least. I'll admit it's not all doom and gloom in Detroit, the outlying areas are still actually very prosperous and thriving. It's just there are more powerful interests at stake at the moment that supersede anyone that is still residing in those areas that are reverting back to nature (i.e. black people). I mean, there's no reason for the state of Michigan allegedly owing Detroit 220m in revenue sharing state assistance, or the Tea Party governor Rick Snyder hiring 'managers' to push the city to bankruptcy. I hate to say this but cacs being cacs :merchant:

Don, I think I'm becoming that black militant we always joked about :ehh:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Isco :wow:

iTIvebzBWVvK2.gif

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Enjoyed Pete Campbell's struggles and how his character evolved tbf. Wait till you get to Pete and Trudy killing the charleston :wow:

The first few seasons are brilliant and the slow pace is a nice break from the norm. Charlie Brooker nailed it - Charlie Brooker's screen burn | Television & radio | The Guardian

Think I'll let the show end before I get back into it :ehh:

Just got to the Charleston part. Pete has actually turned into my favorite character. Some of the episodes are pretty heavy handed though, trying too hard to get the symbolism and double meanings in at the beginning of the 3rd season tbf.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Despite brilliant performance still not convinced, ruthless counterattacking though.

Poor Kosuke :sadcam: and Sam possibly injured too

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
MLS Breakaway >

congrats DC on your .. 2nd? 3rd? win of the season.

Montreal :flabbynsick: should get points deducted for losing to DC