Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
Just copped MLS Live, no need for this Breakaway show for me now. :yeshrug: I know they need to find ways to insert commercials into broadcasts, and they may have finally found it, but ... eh

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
"5 minutes" :mjpls:
BQymlrKCcAA3wUg.jpg:large

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
4 yr 32 million :wow:

he's getting paid more than Donovan :troll:

Last edited:

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
So what Dempsey is with the Sounders, they still wont make the playoffs let alone out the first round :mjpls:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Re: Detroit though, I was reading a lot about the detroit bankruptcy and the ensuing commentary from online communities and the punditocracy, while at the same time reading Walt's stories and the whole thing really reinforced one of Walt's maxims in that people really aren't shyt.

The left and the right both recreating history, presenting canards,, shifting blame, rehashing shibboleths and being overall dikkheads, rooting for their respective sides like it was a sport. Both sides largely ignoring the fact that one of America's greatest cities in a so called first world country resembles The Road with ash and grey skies, roving packs of dogs and decrepit buildings. (Don't get me wrong, it was squarely right wing policies and greed that crippled Detroit and once white people left it was open season. Politically I'm lefter than RVP but that's neither here nor there) but politics and party divisions poisons everything, and people aren't shyt when they are faced with something as ridiculous as Detroit declaring bankruptcy.
You know it's the same everywhere in the world brè.
It may be more clear in the US or in countries where you really have two big opposites parties but even in countries like France where you we have 5 political parties that can have 10%+ votes in a presidential election (far-left, left, center, right and far-right basically), the big left and right parties are always the ones in charge... since 1945. :yeshrug:

The problem is just bigger IMO : there will always be two (or more) opposites view on any subjects. That's why they will always be (symbolically) two differents ways to solve political issues and two different parties at least. The political union is impossible above all in these days where things are becoming more tense with poverty and general defiance against ruling elites increasing in western countries. Therefore politics all resort to extreme positions to secure their bases.

But on the real, things come and go.
Different countries have "rule the world" since it's globalized : the French in the 1700s, the British in the 1800s, the Americans in the 1900s and the Chinese will eat us alive as the 2000s goes (they already eating Africa so you know it will be soon). What was once glorious can be outshone quickly, life is survival of the fittest and Detroit couldn't adapt to the changes and died, that's it.