Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
breh, i wanna share your enthusiasm but why do you see dempsey as this incredibly influential character? i doubt players all over the world are watching an american who came off the bench for a europa league club go back to the US like :lupe:

he was a starter, there was a period he came off the bench but it was after the injury that kept him out a month. not to mention the month he missed at the start of the season.

and its apparently confirmed everton wanted to sign him but he went to seattle instead.

so he's the captain of a world cup team, solid contributor to a 5th place team, could play basically anywhere in EPL, and he heads to MLS because he wants to. which is the key point. he didn't run out of options, he's not 34, he can still do a job, and it was of his own free will he felt like coming back.

not to mention half the national team plays in the domestic league now. whats that say? american players dont have to go abroad to "make it", theres no "play for a foreign team" bias. it reveals that MLS will stump up the cash if a player goes there, and with players like keane and dempsey who are still massive parts of their national teams, slowly the bias goes away

if USA does well in the world cup with deuce and landon leading the line the possibilities are endless

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if USA does well in the world cup with deuce and landon leading the line the possibilities are endless

Not all if you think about, what possibilities? The world of Soccer doesn't care if American players, don't wanna go abroad. Just like how they didn't care when Mexicans didn't leave Mexico.

Dempsey coming back means nothing really

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Not all if you think about, what possibilities? The world of Soccer doesn't care if American players, don't wanna go abroad. Just like how they didn't care when Mexicans didn't leave Mexico.

Dempsey coming back means nothing really
have domestic stars = more domestic interest = more attendance, ratings = more money

it's cause the news is fresh right now but i bet tv people and marketing people are working on a master plan as we speak

would certainly love to be a fly on the wall right now. people speak about building from the bottom up but i think in this case its building from the top down, because only with those names will people tune in

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
he was a starter, there was a period he came off the bench but it was after the injury that kept him out a month. not to mention the month he missed at the start of the season.

and its apparently confirmed everton wanted to sign him but he went to seattle instead.

so he's the captain of a world cup team, solid contributor to a 5th place team, could play basically anywhere in EPL, and he heads to MLS because he wants to. which is the key point. he didn't run out of options, he's not 34, he can still do a job, and it was of his own free will he felt like coming back.

not to mention half the national team plays in the domestic league now. whats that say? american players dont have to go abroad to "make it", theres no "play for a foreign team" bias. it reveals that MLS will stump up the cash if a player goes there, and with players like keane and dempsey who are still massive parts of their national teams, slowly the bias goes away

that's a pretty big IF. combined with the IF of the mls having enough money to pay top players.

so really dempsey returning to MLS doesn't mean anything unless the league becomes as financially sound as england's, france's, italy's, germany's (which don't compete with the NFL and have a century of development behind them, for starters) and the USMNT makes a deep run

i don't really get the connection between half/all the national team players playing in their home country. england's team plays in england, has that helped them? maybe i'm missing the point.

@horse. kills @Hollister @yoyoyo1

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0SPYpWbIX0t

Is this lady mixing protuguese in these lyrics? I keep trying to google what it sounds like, but no success.

sounds something like "meu amor naõ querido" or something
i hear some, yeah. what's the song?

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
32 million 4 years :ohhh:

Clint will be :eat: good. Won't even have to work half as hard, might be in the league till he's 38 :blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
that's a pretty big IF. combined with the IF of the mls having enough money to pay top players.

so really dempsey returning to MLS doesn't mean anything unless the league becomes as financially sound as england's, france's, italy's, germany's (which don't compete with the NFL and have a century of development behind them, for starters) and the USMNT makes a deep run

i don't really get the connection between half/all the national team players playing in their home country. england's team plays in england, has that helped them? maybe i'm missing the point.

having identifiable american players playing week in week out is better than bringing in random guys who might be good and a perfect fit, but no one is really interested in watching play. david ferreira is good but... federico higuain is good but...

this is the first generation where almost the whole WC team plays/has played in MLS, and they are finally gonna reap the harvest on it with the two biggest stars in the league. so dempsey comes home.. who next.

i just think from a financial perspective this bodes well for returning american players and players from europe who thought going to mls might be an international career killer all of a sudden are seeing two relatively big names in the league.. up and comers still being screwed though.

jsut think it could be a turning point.

"if beckham did it..." = player in an ambassador role, what the fukk is he thinking
"if henry did it" = older player playing out his career, mls is a retirement league
"if keane did it" = still a top player and international captain trying something new, this could work out
"if dempsey did it" = still a top player and international captain making the decision to turn his back on EPL offers to head to MLS, this seems insane

patterns

concise

Veteran
Daps
No trolling or anything, but I really don't find this move surprising. Like yoyo says, it makes a whole lot of sense.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
If Dempsey went to the MLS last year, maybe youd have a point. However he flattered to decieve in that fluke season at fulham where he got 20, he was flabby and sick at spurs last year. He couldnt really cut it at a top club